Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 10:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 07 Feb 2013
Posts: 64
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 31

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 10:51
hailmary620 wrote:
I have been seeing lot of Tuck related dreams lately, some good and some bad. Does any know what area code do calls come from?

new hampshire is 603
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 30 Dec 2012
Posts: 41
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GPA: 3.1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 1

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 11:11
looks like Tuck is my last hope. Please don't let me fail a third time.
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 758
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 137 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 11:18
riverfish wrote:
looks like Tuck is my last hope. Please don't let me fail a third time.


Good Luck! You have a damn good GMAT score. Hope you don't need it, but are you considering applying anywhere in Round 3?
_________________

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 30 Dec 2012
Posts: 41
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GPA: 3.1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 1

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 11:22
hailmary620 wrote:
riverfish wrote:
looks like Tuck is my last hope. Please don't let me fail a third time.


Good Luck! You have a damn good GMAT score. Hope you don't need it, but are you considering applying anywhere in Round 3?


yes, I've looked at deadlines, notified referrers, and begun talking to admissions consultants (which I didn't use for r2). The only school left I'm sure I'd attend over Tuck is Stanford, which isn't really ideal as a r3 backup. Waiting until I hear from Tuck before really getting into the meat of r3 apps, but prepping to move quickly just in case the worst happens.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 29
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 8

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 16:04
Hi. I have a friend who interviewed on campus last week and received an email from Sara Cohen asking for another phone interview. Does anyone know what this could mean?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 29
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 8

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 16:59
CobraKai wrote:
sagaUCLARoss wrote:
Hi. I have a friend who interviewed on campus last week and received an email from Sara Cohen asking for another phone interview. Does anyone know what this could mean?


It means it probably didn't happen. See the 5th question from the bottom.

http://www.tuck.dartmouth.edu/admissions/admissions-faq


I'm positive it did happened, I saw the email. They will call him on Thursday, we don't even know who she is.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Posts: 21
Concentration: Marketing
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2013, 05:55
sagaUCLARoss wrote:
CobraKai wrote:
sagaUCLARoss wrote:
Hi. I have a friend who interviewed on campus last week and received an email from Sara Cohen asking for another phone interview. Does anyone know what this could mean?


It means it probably didn't happen. See the 5th question from the bottom.

http://www.tuck.dartmouth.edu/admissions/admissions-faq


I'm positive it did happened, I saw the email. They will call him on Thursday, we don't even know who she is.

I would definitely call the admissions office to clarify.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 13
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2013, 11:51
sagaUCLARoss wrote:
Hi. I have a friend who interviewed on campus last week and received an email from Sara Cohen asking for another phone interview. Does anyone know what this could mean?


Hi guys, I had the same situation. I did my on-campus interview early Jan, and received an email asking for another phone interview just now. Does anyone know what is going on here?

Last edited by courage2002 on 27 Feb 2013, 11:59, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 13
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2013, 12:36
Kjar wrote:
courage2002 wrote:
Hi guys, I had the same situation. I did my on-campus interview early Jan, and received an email for another phone interview just now. Does anyone know what is going on here?


Few days ago I browsed the 2012 "Calling All" topic and the similar situation was mentionned there. Someone from China, I guess, told is was a kind of English language fluency testing, just a general chat.

But if you are located in the USA, this is not probably an issue for you, so maybe there are some other reasons for this.


Thanks, Kjar. I am an international applicant who recently moved to the US. I guess English might be an issue. Anyway, I am happy that there is still hope...
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 06 Sep 2012
Posts: 42
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools: UVA (Darden) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 740 Q V
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 8

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2013, 12:41
courage2002 wrote:
Thanks, Kjar. I am an international applicant who recently moved to the US. I guess English might be an issue. Anyway, I am happy that there is still hope...


I would see this as a definitely positive sign - at least, they are interested in you to spend some more time on additional interview! Good luck!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 31 Oct 2011
Posts: 118
Location: China
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 3

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2013, 15:47
Finished my Skype interview with a 2nd-year yesterday. The interview lasted for 40 mins and all general questions such why MBA, why Tuck. The interviewer told me that he interviewed over a dozen applicants and I can't help speculating the admission rates from the invited pool. Could anyone share any insight? Btw, I am an international in R3, got invite a week ago.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 07 Feb 2013
Posts: 64
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 31

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2013, 04:58
omnivorous wrote:
Finished my Skype interview with a 2nd-year yesterday. The interview lasted for 40 mins and all general questions such why MBA, why Tuck. The interviewer told me that he interviewed over a dozen applicants and I can't help speculating the admission rates from the invited pool. Could anyone share any insight? Btw, I am an international in R3, got invite a week ago.

you'd need inside information to find out their invited interview acceptance rate. its much less transparent here because of the self initated interviews they give.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 26 Nov 2012
Posts: 88
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.55
WE: Information Technology (Insurance)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 14

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2013, 05:59
Redtailedhawk wrote:
omnivorous wrote:
Finished my Skype interview with a 2nd-year yesterday. The interview lasted for 40 mins and all general questions such why MBA, why Tuck. The interviewer told me that he interviewed over a dozen applicants and I can't help speculating the admission rates from the invited pool. Could anyone share any insight? Btw, I am an international in R3, got invite a week ago.

you'd need inside information to find out their invited interview acceptance rate. its much less transparent here because of the self initated interviews they give.


I tried to ask a member of the admissions committee when I was in Hanover for my interview. She basically said they don't calculate it (which I don't totally believe), but that being invited to interview "was a very good sign."
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 31 Oct 2011
Posts: 118
Location: China
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 3

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2013, 17:54
Redtailedhawk wrote:
omnivorous wrote:
Finished my Skype interview with a 2nd-year yesterday. The interview lasted for 40 mins and all general questions such why MBA, why Tuck. The interviewer told me that he interviewed over a dozen applicants and I can't help speculating the admission rates from the invited pool. Could anyone share any insight? Btw, I am an international in R3, got invite a week ago.

you'd need inside information to find out their invited interview acceptance rate. its much less transparent here because of the self initated interviews they give.


Thanks, Redtailedhawk. Have my finger crossed. It will all pan out in two weeks. Let's just see.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 26 Nov 2012
Posts: 88
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.55
WE: Information Technology (Insurance)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 14

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 12:39
I'm now having dreams in the middle of the night where I'm living in Sachem.

This is bad and feels like I'm destined for a huge let down. 14 days.
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 758
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 137 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 14:07
kschmidt1801 wrote:
I'm now having dreams in the middle of the night where I'm living in Sachem.

This is bad and feels like I'm destined for a huge let down. 14 days.


Last week I dreamed of me getting waitlisted and that ruined my whole day. ahh....come soon 15th
_________________

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 20 Sep 2012
Posts: 55
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 1

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 22:44
courage2002 wrote:
Kjar wrote:
courage2002 wrote:
Hi guys, I had the same situation. I did my on-campus interview early Jan, and received an email for another phone interview just now. Does anyone know what is going on here?


Few days ago I browsed the 2012 "Calling All" topic and the similar situation was mentionned there. Someone from China, I guess, told is was a kind of English language fluency testing, just a general chat.

But if you are located in the USA, this is not probably an issue for you, so maybe there are some other reasons for this.


Thanks, Kjar. I am an international applicant who recently moved to the US. I guess English might be an issue. Anyway, I am happy that there is still hope...


I did the 2nd interview, too. I hope it's a good sign..
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 15 Oct 2012
Posts: 180
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 84 [0], given: 44

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2013, 16:55
Ok guys, this thread has been quiet for 2 days now, it's making me a little nervous... let's shake things up a bit!
How's everyone holding up? Having trouble sleeping yet? Can't think about anything else once your head hits the pillow?
Are you already imagining your going-away party at work? Are you anxious to meet your future classmates?
Because I am!! :-D

If bad news come next week, at least I had fun imagining! Lol...

Be positive, everyone!

Best,

Bizwiz
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 758
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 137 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2013, 17:14
I am already bleeding green.....
These next two weeks will be brutal. I am glad that Tuck picked Friday as the notification day, so we have the weekend to recover. I have already booked my vacation for the admit weekend.
_________________

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 26 Nov 2012
Posts: 88
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.55
WE: Information Technology (Insurance)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 14

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2013, 06:29
I rescheduled my interview with Stern to make it this Thursday so that I would have something else to think about, because the wait is making absolutely crazy. I was originally scheduled to interview 3 days after Tuck's notification.
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 05 Mar 2013, 06:29
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
364 Experts publish their posts in the topic Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants theK 1187 26 Jun 2012, 10:27
33 Experts publish their posts in the topic Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants aerien 179 25 Dec 2012, 05:51
186 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants shalva 2121 22 Jun 2010, 08:49
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  44   45   46   47   48   49   50  ...  60    Next  [ 1188 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.