Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 00:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Sustainability
Schools: Darden '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q V
GPA: 3.6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 28

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2013, 05:46
So who got surprised by the email from Tuck today, despite all the warnings? I did. :(

The best part was I saw the subject line of the email right after I had hit okay on an 8 minute Verizon update on my phone. So I was all, 'Noooo!!!!'. And then I remembered the warnings and felt stupid.
Director
Director
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2013, 05:48
suecone8 wrote:
So who got surprised by the email from Tuck today, despite all the warnings? I did. :(

The best part was I saw the subject line of the email right after I had hit okay on an 8 minute Verizon update on my phone. So I was all, 'Noooo!!!!'. And then I remembered the warnings and felt stupid.

I got the email, but I thought it was to inform us about the upcoming decision day. However, the email was to confirm that they receive my GMAT score and looking forward to me applying to Tuck. Strange. See the email below.

"Thank you for selecting the Tuck School of Business to receive your GMAT® results. We are delighted that you are interested in applying to Tuck, and we look forward to getting to know you as you embark on the application process.

If you have not visited us, we encourage you to make this the next step in your application process.Tuck is a pretty special place, and you can’t fully understand what sets us apart until you experience Tuck for yourself. Tuck's visit and interview season begins in mid-September and continues through mid-April for each admissions cycle.

Tuck’s open interview policy gives you the opportunity to put your best foot forward in a one-on-one conversation with a member of our interview team (usually a second-year student). While on campus, you will attend a class, have lunch with current students, tour our beautiful campus and participate in a question and answer session with a member of the Admissions team. While an applicant-initiated interview is not required to apply to Tuck, we strongly encourage you to consider including it as part of your application process.

Thank you for including Tuck among your choices for an MBA. We look forward to meeting you and reading your application!

Best,

Tuck Admissions

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 32

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2013, 05:58
hailmary620 wrote:
suecone8 wrote:

I got the email, but I thought it was to inform us about the upcoming decision day. However, the email was to confirm that they receive my GMAT score and looking forward to me applying to Tuck. Strange. See the email below.

"Thank you for selecting the Tuck School of Business to receive your GMAT® results. We are delighted that you are interested in applying to Tuck, and we look forward to getting to know you as you embark on the application process.

If you have not visited us, we encourage you to make this the next step in your application process.Tuck is a pretty special place, and you can’t fully understand what sets us apart until you experience Tuck for yourself. Tuck's visit and interview season begins in mid-September and continues through mid-April for each admissions cycle.

Tuck’s open interview policy gives you the opportunity to put your best foot forward in a one-on-one conversation with a member of our interview team (usually a second-year student). While on campus, you will attend a class, have lunch with current students, tour our beautiful campus and participate in a question and answer session with a member of the Admissions team. While an applicant-initiated interview is not required to apply to Tuck, we strongly encourage you to consider including it as part of your application process.

Thank you for including Tuck among your choices for an MBA. We look forward to meeting you and reading your application!

Best,

Tuck Admissions

I got this same email about a week ago which is odd because I sent them my official GMAT Scores nearly 2.5 months ago before the January deadline.
Director
Director

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2013, 06:16
[/quote] I got this same email about a week ago which is odd because I sent them my official GMAT Scores nearly 2.5 months ago before the January deadline.

Well my online status has been saying that GMAT scores were received when I applied. Strange. I didn't get any other email from Tuck though. Maybe, before signing our acceptance letters, they wanted to verify our GMAT scores.

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Expert Post
VP
VP
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 409 [0], given: 244

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2013, 06:26
Expert's post
NYCFinanceGuy wrote:
hailmary620 wrote:
suecone8 wrote:

"Thank you for selecting the Tuck School of Business to receive your GMAT[REGISTERED SIGN] results. We are delighted that you are interested in applying to Tuck, and we look forward to getting to know you as you embark on the application process.

Best,

Tuck Admissions

I got this same email about a week ago which is odd because I sent them my official GMAT Scores nearly 2.5 months ago before the January deadline.

Sounds like a generic email most schools send based on your Gmat score, if you selected to hear from schools when you took the exam. These communications generally come from someone at the school that's not directly admissions so they go to everyone regardless of your application status. You'd think schools would repress those who have already applied but department communications tend to be pretty scattered.

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship

Kudos [?]: 76 [0], given: 38

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2013, 08:29
suecone8 wrote:

I didn't receive any emails from Tuck today. And I received the email confirming that they received my official gmat scores before they invited me to interview. My guess is that things are a little crazy in the communications department there... Anyway, I won't be receiving any important news for at least another 6 days, so I guess I'll try to keep my sanity for another week and hope (desperately) for the best.

Best of luck everybody!!
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 142

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2013, 10:13
So this is what I received from Tuck today:

"Thank you for applying to the Tuck School of Business. Admission decisions will be available at 5:00PM EDT on Friday, March 15, 2013. On that date, you will see a link to view your online decision letter when you log on to your application account.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at tuck.admissions@dartmouth.edu.

Sincerely,

The Tuck Admissions Team"

Does this still mean a phone call or have they changed it this year to release all decisions via the application portal online?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q44 V49
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 4

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2013, 10:18
433349100 wrote:

"Thank you for applying to the Tuck School of Business. Admission decisions will be available at 5:00PM EDT on Friday, March 15, 2013. On that date, you will see a link to view your online decision letter when you log on to your application account.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at tuck.admissions@dartmouth.edu.

Sincerely,

Does this still mean a phone call or have they changed it this year to release all decisions via the application portal online?

There should be no change from last year. All admits will receive a phone call.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 32

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2013, 11:29
hailmary620 wrote:

Well my online status has been saying that GMAT scores were received when I applied. Strange. I didn't get any other email from Tuck though. Maybe, before signing our acceptance letters, they wanted to verify our GMAT scores.[/quote]

Haha if only...
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Sustainability
Schools: Darden '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q V
GPA: 3.6

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 28

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2013, 13:07
433349100 wrote:

Sincerely,

So I ended up also getting the GMAT email today. Oy.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 142

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2013, 13:40
So if it's good news, a call will come before the 5pm EDT decision announcement? HBS calls come only after the decision time.

gjm8q wrote:
433349100 wrote:

Sincerely,

There should be no change from last year. All admits will receive a phone call.
Director
Director

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2013, 13:55
I think we should be getting a call on Friday morning between 9-11 am ET. In Round 1, there are few folks who were called later in the day, but they were dime a dozen.

Good Luck all.

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Current Student
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 11

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2013, 08:44
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.65

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 5

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2013, 08:55
ahhh the wait is killing me! anyone have tips for how to distract myself?
Current Student
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.55
WE: Information Technology (Insurance)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 54 [0], given: 14

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2013, 09:35
rocky312 wrote:

I decided not to wait for Verizon's over the air update and manually installed the new android operating system, Jelly Bean, on my Droid Razr Maxx so that I'd have a new toy to play with.

But that's how I distract myself. Do you like to play video games?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 76 [0], given: 38

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2013, 09:39
rocky312 wrote:

Beer, wine, girlfriend/boyfriend, video games, punching bag, more beer.
During the week, less beer, more punching bags and video games.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2013, 14:58
rocky312 wrote:

So stressed. I am starting to lose sleep over this! Do any of you feel like you love Tuck so much that you may want to reject other school offers and reapply if it doesn't work out? So many crazy thoughts in my head this week :(
Current Student

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2013, 17:24
rocky312 wrote:

Chewing my way through some books right now. Just finished "Why We Buy?" (very bad IMHO) and now on to "Predictably Irrational", which has been much better. My goal is to get through at least 3 more books - one each about finance, economics/stats, and technology - before school starts. If anyone has any suggestions let me know! I prefer story-based business anecdotes a la "Outliers", "Innovator's Dilemma", "The Soul of a New Machine", etc.
Current Student
Schools: Ross '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
GPA: 3.3
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 58 [0], given: 37

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2013, 06:29
This has been a long, long wait.

I've been so nervous about my Ross and Fuqua interviews that I've practically forgotten about my Tuck application. My (self-initiated) interview back in October wasn't the greatest by all means but who knows...
Current Student

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2013, 06:54
Thanks for the reading suggestions! I've read some of those already but will check out the others.
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 11 Mar 2013, 06:54