Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 17:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 May 2013
Posts: 55
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 7

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 May 2013, 10:40
Got feedback that stated that my GMAT could use improvement. It was a 680.

Took the GMAT again recently and felt great, but a brutal 660 showed up. Gave adcom the terrible update. There's not enough time to retake, and I'm really gauging my odds. Any thoughts on what are some possible next steps, aside from waiting?

Also, any thoughts on likelihood of success with EA next year? It may be challenging to show progress with only 2-3 months between when the waitlist closes and when EA applications are due.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 758
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 May 2013, 10:46
Psyched wrote:
Got feedback that stated that my GMAT could use improvement. It was a 680.

Took the GMAT again recently and felt great, but a brutal 660 showed up. Gave adcom the terrible update. There's not enough time to retake, and I'm really gauging my odds. Any thoughts on what are some possible next steps, aside from waiting?

Also, any thoughts on likelihood of success with EA next year? It may be challenging to show progress with only 2-3 months between when the waitlist closes and when EA applications are due.


When you reapply, I think you can cover the period from the application date to the EA date. I got a similar feedback from Tuck that I should imporve my GMAT, but I am worried that my score won't improve by much. At some point, you just gotta let it go: Obviously, Tuck admitted about 40 kids this past year with a 680 or lower. If I was in your shoes, I wouldn't have updated adcom about the lower GMAT score. Sometime hiding stuff is better than being open about it.
_________________

Duke MBA Class of 2016

2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 May 2013
Posts: 55
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 13 [2] , given: 7

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 May 2013, 19:31
2
This post received
KUDOS
I actually committed to Admissions to take the GMAT on a certain date, so providing an update was really not a choice. I think having my Q +10% and V down 10% was rational since I focused more on the Q.

At this point it's a brutal waiting game. I hope they make an example of me, slam the table at Admissions, and say, 'Screw the GMAT, IN!...' That's how it happens in my dreams anyway!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Oct 2012
Posts: 18
Schools: CBS '16
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.85
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 May 2013, 01:40
Psyched wrote:
I actually committed to Admissions to take the GMAT on a certain date, so providing an update was really not a choice. I think having my Q +10% and V down 10% was rational since I focused more on the Q.

At this point it's a brutal waiting game. I hope they make an example of me, slam the table at Admissions, and say, 'Screw the GMAT, IN!...' That's how it happens in my dreams anyway!


I think you still have plenty of time to give it a new shot. Although my score is a bit higher, I m in the same case. I ll have the GMAT test next week, and if I screw up, I ll retake it for sure in June. Good luck mate!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 May 2013
Posts: 55
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 7

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 May 2013, 06:17
To complicate things, I also have committments in part of June that really can't be avoided. As a result, I won't really have time in June to study the GMAT. I told AdCom that I was more than willing to take the GMAT again in mid-late July, but I believe my timing doesn't fit into the WL's timing. Adcom specifically told me to wait.

Theoretically I could absolutely demolish everything and study for 2-3 hours per day, 7 days a week, for the next 2-3 weeks, and then take the GMAT the first week of July, but I would be even more unsure of my ability to increase my score. I do not think going from 680 - 700 would be really material. At that point, with 2 attempts, I think I would need a 720+ to really stick out. That is anything but a certainty...

On a side note, I totally see how people get OCD about visiting this site now!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 May 2013
Posts: 19
Schools: AGSM '16
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 May 2013, 13:18
riverfish wrote:
INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN offf the waitlist. Incredibly excited.

On another note - I have to give my decision and submit my deposit by May 13th. Kellogg's deadline for decisions is May 15th. I'm not sure if I'd choose Kellogg over Tuck anyway, but it would be nice to know either way before making the decision. Will talk to Kellogg, but if nothing happens with them, I'm taking the spot at Tuck.

Super jacked.


That's great. Please go ahead and notify Kellogg as WL's are running up against second round of deposit deadlines at admitted schools. Enjoy Hanover.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Feb 2013
Posts: 28
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 5

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2013, 12:02
Been on the wait list since EA round, finally got the ding letter today.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 19 Oct 2012
Posts: 98
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 32

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2013, 12:06
cinder4277 wrote:
Been on the wait list since EA round, finally got the ding letter today.


Sorry to hear that cinder, atleast you have a few soild admits in your pocket! Decide where you're going to go?

Did Tuck send you one of those check your status on the online app emails? If so, what time?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Feb 2013
Posts: 28
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 5

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2013, 12:11
NYCFinanceGuy wrote:
cinder4277 wrote:
Been on the wait list since EA round, finally got the ding letter today.


Sorry to hear that cinder, atleast you have a few soild admits in your pocket! Decide where you're going to go?

Did Tuck send you one of those check your status on the online app emails? If so, what time?



Yeah I'll be heading to Darden in the fall. I actually just got an email from the admissions team explaining that the class was full about 5 minutes ago.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 May 2013
Posts: 55
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 7

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2013, 12:44
Ditto... and so ends one journey.

Hopefully I'll see you guys in the 2016 thread. Count me in for EA!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 15 Oct 2012
Posts: 175
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 82 [0], given: 43

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2013, 12:59
Same here. I wasn't keeping my hopes up, but it's still tough to deal with.
Was everyone offered a coaching session, regarding what could be improved if we choose to re-apply? I was, and I've asked for one. I only hope it's better than the "there's nothing you could do at this time to improve your candidacy".
I'll also try again this year, and this time, Early Action for sure!
Tuck, you'll not get away from me that easily.
Best of luck to all.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 May 2013
Posts: 55
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 7

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2013, 13:51
bizwiz84 wrote:
Same here. I wasn't keeping my hopes up, but it's still tough to deal with.
Was everyone offered a coaching session, regarding what could be improved if we choose to re-apply? I was, and I've asked for one. I only hope it's better than the "there's nothing you could do at this time to improve your candidacy".
I'll also try again this year, and this time, Early Action for sure!
Tuck, you'll not get away from me that easily.
Best of luck to all.


It's totally cliche but I think this has been a good experience overall. We'll be wiser for the next application cycle... now where are the questions!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 15 Oct 2012
Posts: 175
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 82 [0], given: 43

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2013, 14:16
Well, I guess some of the folks will remain on the waitlist, since they didn't get the same email we did... There's hope for some, after all!
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Too close for missiles, switching to guns.
Joined: 23 Oct 2012
Posts: 764
Location: United States
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 309 [0], given: 166

Premium Member
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2013, 15:54
bizwiz84 wrote:
Well, I guess some of the folks will remain on the waitlist, since they didn't get the same email we did... There's hope for some, after all!


Didn't get an email and my decision letter hasn't changed since 12/14/12. The wait continues.
_________________

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

Current Student
User avatar
Status: Too close for missiles, switching to guns.
Joined: 23 Oct 2012
Posts: 764
Location: United States
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 309 [0], given: 166

Premium Member
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2013, 16:08
cinder4277 wrote:
NYCFinanceGuy wrote:
cinder4277 wrote:
Been on the wait list since EA round, finally got the ding letter today.


Sorry to hear that cinder, atleast you have a few soild admits in your pocket! Decide where you're going to go?

Did Tuck send you one of those check your status on the online app emails? If so, what time?



Yeah I'll be heading to Darden in the fall. I actually just got an email from the admissions team explaining that the class was full about 5 minutes ago.


It's odd that they'd say the class is full given that the April Round deposit deadline is June 14 - unless all of their admits from the April Round have already responded.
_________________

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Oct 2012
Posts: 18
Schools: CBS '16
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.85
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2013, 02:17
same here. Still on the grill and lovin'it)
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 6
Location: United States (NY)
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 2.9
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 8

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Jun 2013, 04:43
Luso07 wrote:
Psyched wrote:
I actually committed to Admissions to take the GMAT on a certain date, so providing an update was really not a choice. I think having my Q +10% and V down 10% was rational since I focused more on the Q.

At this point it's a brutal waiting game. I hope they make an example of me, slam the table at Admissions, and say, 'Screw the GMAT, IN!...' That's how it happens in my dreams anyway!


I think you still have plenty of time to give it a new shot. Although my score is a bit higher, I m in the same case. I ll have the GMAT test next week, and if I screw up, I ll retake it for sure in June. Good luck mate!


You can still make a big improvement in your score in 30-45 days with dedicated study. I took my GMAT from 670 to 730 in about 30 days, now I am going to Kellogg (was wait listed at Tuck but pulled off for Kellogg). Shoot me a note if you want some advice.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 19 Oct 2012
Posts: 98
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 32

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Jun 2013, 04:52
CobraKai wrote:
cinder4277 wrote:

It's odd that they'd say the class is full given that the April Round deposit deadline is June 14 - unless all of their admits from the April Round have already responded.


My guess is that it's not entirely full but close to it. Hopefully the yield on June 14th is in our favor and there are still a few spots left that they will offer us. Otherwise, I would assume the wait could extend into mid-August as they hear the one-offs reneg on their acceptance for other schools or personal situations.
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Too close for missiles, switching to guns.
Joined: 23 Oct 2012
Posts: 764
Location: United States
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 309 [0], given: 166

Premium Member
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Jun 2013, 07:01
Yeah, hopefully there's some movement after June 14. After that, we're at the mercy of movement on the HSW, etc WLs to cause a chain reaction.

Posted from my mobile device Image
_________________

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 572
Location: United States
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q V0
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 132 [0], given: 27

Premium Member
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Jun 2013, 13:38
I just got an email too that I'm on the "reduced" waitlist and that the class at this time is at "full capacity."
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants   [#permalink] 11 Jun 2013, 13:38
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
29 Experts publish their posts in the topic Tuck (Dartmouth): T '16 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants! GrantMeAdmission 113 18 Dec 2013, 15:11
33 Experts publish their posts in the topic Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants aerien 179 25 Dec 2012, 05:51
364 Experts publish their posts in the topic Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants theK 1187 26 Jun 2012, 10:27
1 Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth Tuck WAITLISTERS plzplzplz 113 04 Feb 2011, 19:01
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9    Next  [ 180 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.