Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 23:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
VP
VP
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 412 [0], given: 245

Premium Member
Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Dec 2012, 05:51
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi everyone,

Good luck with the Tuck 2013 waitlist!

Tuck 2013 Waitlist
Post in the thread to be added to the roll call

Early Action:
    ACKgirl - ADMITTED!!!
    abou - Booth
    MBAGoTime - Booth
    bs8 - Kellogg
    bsch2013 - Kellogg
    kschoessler - Kellogg
    showmeTX - Kellogg
    cinder4277 - Darden
    CobraKai - Johnson
    huttman - Johnson
    genius9090
    ifif2012
    ValePardo

November Round:
    vgutsc - ADMITTED!!!
    aliababua - Booth
    Gumbymc - Wharton
    swlyon3 - Wharton
    statnerd - Sloan
    Cush123 - Kellogg
    sonjeroo - Darden
    nlarthur - Duke
    BlueRed - Duke
    zxtravel - Johnson
    Entropia
    onesie
    Ward2012

January Round:
    kschmidt1801 - ADMITTED!!!
    justmytuck - ADMITTED!!!
    Lurker - ADMITTED!!!
    courage2002 - ADMITTED!!!
    dougdoug - ADMITTED!!!
    omnivorous - ADMITTED!!!
    riverfish - ADMITTED!!!
    rhernan15 - Sloan
    bftw - Darden
    Kjar - Darden
    Luso07 - Columbia
    leodondon - Stern
    RockBalb - Duke
    dormor (reapplied & ADMITTED following year)
    NYCFinanceGuy (reapplied & ADMITTED following year)
    bizwiz84
    sburtonhome
    farooqtirmizi
    gringomex

Round unknown
    hkl201 - ADMITTED!!!
    Psyched

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

4 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GPA: 3.1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 29 [4] , given: 1

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 May 2013, 11:47
This post received
KUDOS
INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN offf the waitlist. Incredibly excited.

On another note - I have to give my decision and submit my deposit by May 13th. Kellogg's deadline for decisions is May 15th. I'm not sure if I'd choose Kellogg over Tuck anyway, but it would be nice to know either way before making the decision. Will talk to Kellogg, but if nothing happens with them, I'm taking the spot at Tuck.

Super jacked.
4 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Tuck '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.83

Kudos [?]: 9 [4] , given: 7

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 May 2013, 11:51
This post received
KUDOS
IN - got the call about 2 hours ago - excited beyond belief
4 KUDOS received
Current Student
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.55
WE: Information Technology (Insurance)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 57 [4] , given: 14

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2013, 05:56
This post received
KUDOS
I'm moving to Hanover on July 10th. If any of you guys can pull off that last minute admit, reach out to me. I'll cliff notes everything I know about moving/housing/etc and I'll also throw you a welcome party. 8-)
4 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 7 [4] , given: 1

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Jul 2013, 10:54
This post received
KUDOS
Just received news that I am off the waitlist! Freaking out a bit but just wanted to share and let everyone know that there is still movement so do not give up hope! This has been such a helpful community in the last few months
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 311 [2] , given: 166

Premium Member
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2013, 09:44
This post received
KUDOS
Hey, I'm gonna start a change.org petition to petition the Tuck adcom to host a WLSW...who's with me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

2 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: Q V

Kudos [?]: 84 [2] , given: 44

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2013, 14:15
This post received
KUDOS
CobraKai wrote:
Got feedback today - it was the "there's nothing specific to work on feedback" which I basically just means I just wasn't quite as impressive as some other applicants. Oh well, at least there weren't any glaring weaknesses in my profile.

Not to blow smoke up your behind, specially because I don't know you, but witnessing your ideas, comments and honest desire to help other folks around here ever since I first began reading posts in GmatClub, I'd say that feedback is not a reflection of you not being quite as impressive as other applicants, rather than your application maybe not standing out as much as it could. I'm sure (and being accepted at Johnson and waitlisted at Tuck proves that) that you are just as impressive as a lot of guys who got in. The details that set you (and me, for that matter) apart surely have nothing to do with you, but with whoever was reading and evaluating your application.
I see in your posts that you really want to go to Tuck (as do I), and I really hope to read a celebratory post from you in the near future.
Best,
bizwiz
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 13 [2] , given: 7

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 May 2013, 19:31
This post received
KUDOS
I actually committed to Admissions to take the GMAT on a certain date, so providing an update was really not a choice. I think having my Q +10% and V down 10% was rational since I focused more on the Q.

At this point it's a brutal waiting game. I hope they make an example of me, slam the table at Admissions, and say, 'Screw the GMAT, IN!...' That's how it happens in my dreams anyway!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q44 V49
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 18 [1] , given: 4

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2013, 22:27
This post received
KUDOS
CobraKai wrote:
vgutsc wrote:
also got waitilisted today for Nov. round...not sure when we can hear back from them

They're pretty transparent about it - they flat out say that they don't review applicants in subsequent rounds. More than likely (since they're a small school) they'll have an idea of what their capacity is after the Nov/Jan deposit deadline of April 26. Even then, they might not look at the waitlist until late May after they release April Round decisions.

Hi all. I was an admit to 2014 off WL. I had applied EA and found out in March with Round 2 applicants. After speaking with other WLers from my class, I think I was the only one. The rest found out June onwards. FYI, I didn't supply any additional info to adcom when I had been WLed. The timing of the admit came as a big surprise to me. Best of luck to everyone!
1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q V0
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 135 [1] , given: 27

Premium Member
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2013, 19:59
This post received
KUDOS
CobraKai wrote:
bs8 wrote:
Headed to Kellogg. Best of luck to all

Enjoy Evanston! On another note, has anyone requested and received feedback? The auto-reply email said that feedback would be available in February, but now I'm getting the vibe that it won't happen until January decisions are released (after March 15).

I requested feedback and got a personal email from an Admissions Officer who told me that she made note of my request and would be contacted in early March to schedule a call.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE: Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 193 [1] , given: 628

Premium Member
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2013, 19:38
This post received
KUDOS
I have decided to decline my spot at Tuck and will be attending Sloan instead. That said, Tuck truly is a special program and I have nothing but amazing things to say about it. Good luck, everyone!

P.S. For the record, CobraKai already called dibs on my spot! :lol:
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 311 [1] , given: 166

Premium Member
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2013, 11:40
This post received
KUDOS
433349100 wrote:
omnivorous wrote:
riverfish wrote:
29 is old son. When I was 18 I wasn't sure if I would live to be much past 29.

MBA is not a game for teens IMHO...lol. I knew a couple of friends chose Wharton, INSEAD and Duke instead of HBS just to be with people of his own age. There is nothing to be shame of your age...

I'll be 30 by matriculation this fall.

...and hopefully that matriculation will be at HBS to give peeps in this thread a glimmer of hope. :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 28 [1] , given: 142

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2013, 11:44
This post received
KUDOS
8-) To be quite honest, Tuck was my first choice for some time. But we'll see...there's always hope!
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GPA: 3.1

Kudos [?]: 29 [1] , given: 1

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2013, 17:33
This post received
KUDOS
bizwiz84 wrote:
riverfish wrote:
29 is old son. When I was 18 I wasn't sure if I would live to be much past 29.

Lol... Yeah, at 28 you're a baby, at 29 you're a grandpa...
Well, I feel young, the same way I did at 25... Life is just beggining!
I might be able to convince my grandmother to lend you her cane though, if at all interested... :-D

I spent last weekend on the couch playing video games instead of going out for st patty's day. I was sick, but that's a sorry excuse, I may need that cane soon.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 23 [1] , given: 32

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2013, 10:43
This post received
KUDOS
bizwiz84 wrote:
NYCFinanceGuy wrote:
Just received my feedback as well - room for improvement regarding GMAT Score (710). While its close to their average, I can understand their recommendation here given the rest of my profile may just be average on their standards.

My question is, lets say I am having a bad morning on the day I reschedule my exam and happen to get a 690 or 700 (though I'm confident I can improve with a few weeks of practice exams) will that automatically lead to a DING? Will Tuck AdCom only see my scores if I specifically make them aware of my retake and if I actually send the scores over?

Take the exam. If you score above 710, send it to them, if not, don't send it. The only way they would find out about a lower score is if you re-apply next year.
Just one thought though: I know the application process in holistic, and you must present your strenghts in all aspects possible, but it just sounds weird to me that someone with a 710 receives such a feedback, and people with lower scores don't. As I said, they look at all aspects of your profile, but if the comment is related to your GMAT, than people with similar or lower scores should receive the same feedback. And a 710 is now not a good enough score? Are you serious? A 10 point difference to a 720 would make you a better student just because you are above their average? I'm sorry, I can't agree with something like that....
To me, this feedback is being based on the personal opinion of the one who reads your file in 20 minutes just to write your feedback. I cannot believe it is derived from the group decision the committee made about your file. To tell you the truth, I wouldn't need an official feedback to know that a 710 could be better. But it is 7 points below their average, so it's totally acceptable. They should tell you what really kept you out for the moment, the 710 just can't be it.
Sorry for the long post, but it's so unfair to be waitlisted, expect a decent feedback, and receive a couple of sentences that don't help at all!

I understand what you're saying bizwiz but the way i look at this is that maybe this really is specific to me. Maybe bc I was average on so many other fronts, this higher score would put me over the top in terms of getting in off of the WL. Maybe I'm being optimistic here but for others who have a lower score, improving on it won't put them over the top. Again, I am by no means trying to say others have a lesser chance than I do to get in off WL but I'm just trying to be optimistic here that this specific feedback is what will make a difference for ME in their eyes. I know it doesn't guarantee admission but I do feel that I hold my WL fate in my own hands now if only i can improve my score.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: Tuck '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.83
WE: Securities Sales and Trading (Investment Banking)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 8

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2013, 08:32
This post received
KUDOS
chin up everyone. Went to asw this weekend and met a few undecided people. Definitely some waitlist spots will be opening up really soon.

Good luck to everyone!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance

Kudos [?]: 15 [1] , given: 0

Waitlist [#permalink] New post 03 May 2013, 06:10
This post received
KUDOS
Got a call this morning- accepted off the WL
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V45
GPA: 3.36
WE: Information Technology (Accounting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 1

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 May 2013, 10:37
This post received
KUDOS
In off the waitlist...I think decisions were posted at 1PM EST - at least that's when my letter was updated. Good luck everyone that's still waiting!
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 84 [1] , given: 44

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 May 2013, 10:08
This post received
KUDOS
Well, I guess all calls were madeon Friday, at least for now... I guess the rest of us will have to wait until at least until the end of the month to start hearing back from adcom again... But what is another month for someone who has been waiting for five?
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.67
WE: Human Resources (Insurance)

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2012, 17:40
Good luck to all on the Tuck Waitlist!

I am waitlisted at both Tuck and Kellogg. I am not sure what the chances are of getting into either one at this point?
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants   [#permalink] 26 Dec 2012, 17:40