Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 02:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2014, 23:15
domotron wrote:
forfuture wrote:
Does anyone know if it is possible to be admitted to Tuck without any interview?

Nope. I don't know of any school that admit people without an interview.

@gbrooks Woah your predictions are scarily accurate!

Yeah, I think Tuck will at least offer a Skype interview
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

CAT Tests
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2014, 07:15
Has anyone received the interview invitation for Jan round?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2014, 09:00
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: Remote Tuck Partners: An Off-Campus Community

Rebecca P. is a TP'15 who lives in Cambridge, Massachusetts and works with Social Entrepreneurs in Boston.  Her Tuckie was a high school history teacher before coming to Tuck.  Rebecca can frequently be found driving on I-89 accompanied by their dog, Harry. 

As a "remote" partner (meaning I didn't relocate to Hanover full-time, when my student enrolled at Tuck), I worried about whether I would have the opportunity to connect to other partners.  TPs who live in Upper Valley have many chances to meet each other and forge friendships through a range of activities.  As a Boston-based partner, I looked for opportunities to connect with other Boston TPs.  Luckily, I didn’t have to look too hard!

Early on in the fall, a fantastic TP’14 reached out and organized the first Boston TP event.  At that event, I met some other great TPs who were also going to be doing the 2-hour drive to Hanover on a regular basis.  In addition to sometimes carpooling to Hanover, we have had several more get-togethers including dinners, bar nights, and even a paint night (pictured above!).  

I am so glad to have a found such a great group of people who share my experience as a Boston TP and who are helping to make my Tuck experience that much more awesome!

The next event for remote (Boston) TPs is already scheduled -- a pizza/bowling night in Davis Square in February.  We're looking forward to it!
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2014, 10:06
pirimidin1 wrote:

Even I have asked the same question on the forum a few days back!! No one seems to be responding, so I am hoping that there still time!

Which country are you from?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V
GPA: 3.25
WE: Real Estate (Real Estate)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2014, 11:15
Found this on their website: "March 4 - March 23 the Admissions Office will be closed for all on campus events and interviews. We will resume interviews and class visits on March 24 when the spring semester will begin." Since the admissions notification date is March 14, I'm guessing if you don't hear by March 3 then it's not looking great.

I am US based but was unable to travel to NH for an interview. I haven't heard anything from Tuck since I submitted other than receiving an email that my application is complete and would be reviewed by the committee shortly. This was a few weeks ago so I'm kind of giving up hope.

Good luck to everyone still waiting and congrats to those who got in last week!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 6

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2014, 16:05
domotron wrote:
forfuture wrote:
Does anyone know if it is possible to be admitted to Tuck without any interview?

Nope. I don't know of any school that admit people without an interview.

@gbrooks Woah your predictions are scarily accurate!

Thank you very much for the response.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 6

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2014, 16:35
Vroom wrote:
pirimidin1 wrote:

Even I have asked the same question on the forum a few days back!! No one seems to be responding, so I am hoping that there still time!

I think class 2016 might be almost full, because there are very few interview invitations for Jan Round, based on my personal observations on the forum.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 28

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2014, 02:09
ALM1115 wrote:
Found this on their website: "March 4 - March 23 the Admissions Office will be closed for all on campus events and interviews. We will resume interviews and class visits on March 24 when the spring semester will begin." Since the admissions notification date is March 14, I'm guessing if you don't hear by March 3 then it's not looking great.

I am US based but was unable to travel to NH for an interview. I haven't heard anything from Tuck since I submitted other than receiving an email that my application is complete and would be reviewed by the committee shortly. This was a few weeks ago so I'm kind of giving up hope.

Good luck to everyone still waiting and congrats to those who got in last week!

Admissions office have blackout dates in September as well. This seems to be related to admissions and interviews for admissions for 2016. Also I don't think they will be informing earlier than 14th March, regarding decisions for January round.

Keep fingers crossed as I do the same ...

Cheers! :)

Sent from my ATnT Note 2 using Tapatalk

Important fact --> http://i.imgur.com/CKKBmmn.jpg

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 28

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2014, 02:20
forfuture wrote:
Vroom wrote:
pirimidin1 wrote:

I think class 2016 might be almost full, because there are very few interview invitations for Jan Round, based on my personal observations on the forum.

From gbrooks6687 forecast we can assume there is still some admits left either for applicants who have already interviewed on campus or for applicants who will be getting invites for interview in coming weeks (for Jan round) ...

gbrooks6687 wrote:
Updated forecast (to my first predictions) for March Round. Looks like there is still some space/hope for waitlisters!

Sent from my ATnT Note 2 using Tapatalk

Important fact --> http://i.imgur.com/CKKBmmn.jpg

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2014, 08:09
I am losing hope (Jan round applicant) :( . I just received one email saying my app was complete. Nothing post that.
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.55
WE: Information Technology (Insurance)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 54 [2] , given: 14

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2014, 10:57
This post received
KUDOS
This is unbelievably ridiculous in all the right ways. Your future DecSci (Decision Science in Fall B) professor would be proud. Please tell me this made it into an essay somewhere? This is hilarious.

gbrooks6687 wrote:
Updated forecast (to my first predictions) for March Round. Looks like there is still some space/hope for waitlisters!

BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: General Management
Followers: 27

Kudos [?]: 154 [0], given: 13

Premium Member
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2014, 14:28
Random question. Are any current Tuck students active on this thread? If so, can anyone tell me if there is housing close to Tuck (within 10 minutes walking distance) that would allow me to have a pet?

Advice, Musings, and Experiences from a member of the HBS Class of 2016
- What questions to ask admissions officers
- 5 Things to do Now to Prepare for Round 1 applications
http://DefyingGravityMBA.blogspot.com/

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 14

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2014, 16:47
DefyingGravity wrote:
Random question. Are any current Tuck students active on this thread? If so, can anyone tell me if there is housing close to Tuck (within 10 minutes walking distance) that would allow me to have a pet?

Someone asked a similar question in today's Chat with Tuck. Sachem Village if I remember correctly.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: General Management
Followers: 27

Kudos [?]: 154 [0], given: 13

Premium Member
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2014, 18:22
senyi wrote:
DefyingGravity wrote:

Someone asked a similar question in today's Chat with Tuck. Sachem Village if I remember correctly.

Thanks!

Posted from my mobile device Image

Advice, Musings, and Experiences from a member of the HBS Class of 2016
- What questions to ask admissions officers
- 5 Things to do Now to Prepare for Round 1 applications
http://DefyingGravityMBA.blogspot.com/

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: Q V0

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 9

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2014, 21:54
Does anyone know how adcoms view typos? I had 3 typos in my R2 application and I have been worrying about it since. Any Tuckie with thoughts on this?

Tuck is the school I want to go to most by a large margin.
BSchool Forum Moderator
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 157 [0], given: 101

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2014, 00:50
bschoolaspirant9 wrote:
Does anyone know how adcoms view typos? I had 3 typos in my R2 application and I have been worrying about it since. Any Tuckie with thoughts on this?

Don't worry about it. They understand mistakes happen! I would suggest not looking over submitted applications because stuff like this can play on your mind.

*Updated 25th July*: Embracing the downtime
Blog: http://domotron.wordpress.com

Elements of an MBA application series
GMAT (28/02) | Profile (11/03) | Networking / Research (01/04) | Recommendations (30/05) | Essays / Online applications | Interview

My 710 (Q50, V36) Debrief + 740 (Q48, V44) Update:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/710-q50-v36-phew-i-m-done-with-the-gmat-probably-150067.html

Please share your profiles for this application season below:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/2014-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-162160.html

Intern
Intern
WE: General Management (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 6

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2014, 01:23
bschoolaspirant9 wrote:

I think they will care more about that awesome 770 gmat score! Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE: Project Management (Investment Banking)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 14

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2014, 02:38
DefyingGravity wrote:
senyi wrote:
DefyingGravity wrote:

Thanks!

Posted from my mobile device Image

Sachem Village allows pets, however, it is not within a 10-minutes walking distance from campus. There is a Dartmouth shuttle that stops at Sachem and takes about 20-25 minutes to campus (as I read in an official blog post). There is a one-time fee for each pet (US$200) plus US$50 monthly, limited to 2 pets.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE: Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 126 [0], given: 134

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2014, 09:36
Haha, thanks kschmidt. I actually do quite a bit of this type of work (in the real world) and this was a pretty simple analysis (especially since gmatclub has done such a job making their data readily available)

kschmidt1801 wrote:
This is unbelievably ridiculous in all the right ways. Your future DecSci (Decision Science in Fall B) professor would be proud. Please tell me this made it into an essay somewhere? This is hilarious.

gbrooks6687 wrote:

Latest Blog Posts (Updated August 27)*
- What MBA Blogs does an MBA Blogger read?
- Introducing TheEngineerMBA

Check it out at http://grantmeadmission.com/

-------------------
Check out my GMAT guide: "How I got a 710 on my first try"
57 essay analyses available here: http://grantmeadmission.com/essay-analysis/

BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE: Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 126 [0], given: 134

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2014, 10:16
Sorry for all these forecast posts.... I just realized made a small mistake in the last one.

gbrooks6687's official forecast:

Latest Blog Posts (Updated August 27)*
- What MBA Blogs does an MBA Blogger read?
- Introducing TheEngineerMBA

Check it out at http://grantmeadmission.com/

-------------------
Check out my GMAT guide: "How I got a 710 on my first try"
57 essay analyses available here: http://grantmeadmission.com/essay-analysis/

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 14 Feb 2014, 10:16