Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:11 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [2]
Given Kudos: 105
Schools: Tuck '16 (M$)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 58
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Johnson - Class of 2016
Send PM
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Same! Nice touch
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: General Management
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Any idea when Round 1 Applicants should expect interview call ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Indian_MBA_aspirant86 wrote:

Asked an admission officer about this during info session and the answer was it could be three-four weeks after the deadline all the way to the decision date.
Hope it helps.

+++++++
November round applicant, but yet to receive the confirmation email. The system shows (in green letters) APPLICATION STATUS: SUBMITTED, but then in black says Application Status: Completed on mm/dd/yyyy (a date later than the deadline).
A bit confused... does it mean that it's completed or not? :roll:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
senyi wrote:
Indian_MBA_aspirant86 wrote:

Asked an admission officer about this during info session and the answer was it could be three-four weeks after the deadline all the way to the decision date.
Hope it helps.

+++++++
November round applicant, but yet to receive the confirmation email. The system shows (in green letters) APPLICATION STATUS: SUBMITTED, but then in black says Application Status: Completed on mm/dd/yyyy (a date later than the deadline).
A bit confused... does it mean that it's completed or not? :roll:

Don't worry, that is all correct. The "completed" will show up shortly after you submit, from there on the application status will not change all the way through the decission date. At some point though you will get the email saying your application has been forwarded to the admissions team. But that can as likely be now as in a few weeks...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.6
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hey All,

I had a question :

I have a few updates on the professional front like

[*] Got promoted to the next level as per the HR Title, though there has been no change in my roles and responsibilities
[*] Published a white paper on Technology Modernization for large scale enterprises, based on my project experience
[*] My contact details (phone number) has also changed.

Do you guys feel its a good idea to update the adcom about the changes? Not that they will use my phone number on Dec 18th though. :) Just a glimmer of hope, nevertheless.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 90 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
thereddevil wrote:
Hey All,

I had a question :

[*] Got promoted to the next level as per the HR Title, though there has been no change in my roles and responsibilities
[*] Published a white paper on Technology Modernization for large scale enterprises, based on my project experience

Do you guys feel its a good idea to update the adcom about the changes? Not that they will use my phone number on Dec 18th though. :) Just a glimmer of hope, nevertheless.

Not sure if updating you HR title would do you any good, since there hasn't been any changes in your responsibilities - which is pretty much what matters.
Regarding your paper, if you already discussed your project experience in your application, I'm not sure if mentioning you wrote a paper about it would add any real value to your application, but it can't hurt to try.
About your phone number: ABSOLUTELY!!! Imagine if they try to call you letting you know you were accepted, and can't reach you anywhere! You MUST update any contact information.

That being said, first you should look up the application instructions regarding application updates. I can't remember if Tuck accepts (or encourages) them. But I know that some schools simply do not accept updates after the application is submitted, unless they request it.

Good Luck!

bizwiz
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
thereddevil wrote:
Hey All,

I had a question :

I'm of the opinion that it is a good idea to update the adcom about all three. Even if you have talked about your project, publishing a paper is a nice finishing touch, so is a promotion even if its just titular - it shows that you are doing the right things professionally. When did you get your interview request, if you don't mind me asking.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
Ok guys, quick question. Not sure if this has been established yet but I applied early action and never received the email from adcom saying my application is under review. Has everyone received this or is this on a case by case basis? I wasn't worried before but am now wondering if I should be...? Thanks everyone.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
WE:Analyst (Journalism and Publishing)
Send PM
air22x wrote:
Ok guys, quick question. Not sure if this has been established yet but I applied early action and never received the email from adcom saying my application is under review. Has everyone received this or is this on a case by case basis? I wasn't worried before but am now wondering if I should be...? Thanks everyone.

I´ve received something similar. Not "under review", but "Your file will shortly be reviewed " and the aplication status on the website was "submited" but never changed to "complete".
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [1]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Send PM
Kudos
Folks,

A fellow T15 has asked me to post the following information here:

Tuck Student Ambassador Event
Contact Phone: 603-646-3162
Contact E-mail: Tuck.admissions@tuck.dartmouth.edu
Starts On: 20 Dec 2013 06:00 PM CET
Ends On: 20 Dec 2013 08:00 PM CET
Address: ATKearney Madrid, Paseo de la Castellana, 31, 4th Floor 28006 - Madrid, Spain

Hope this is useful for all those in Madrid thinking about/have already applied to Tuck. Note that atleast 3 spanish T15s will be at the event - so even if you're not necessarily from Spain but a nearby European country, its HIGHLY Recommend you meet them there.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: Applying Your Job Search Experiences to the MBA Application Process
The same practices that make MBAs successful in their job search also make them effective in gaining admittance to the MBA program of their choice.

As a quick introduction, I am the director of the Career Development Office at the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth and the class of 2015 is the 11th class of Tuck students that I have worked with. I have also become involved in the Admissions process at Tuck and have noticed the following seven parallels between successful job seekers and MBA applicants:

School Fit is Critical  The critical factor for many companies looking to hire MBAs is the perceived fit between the applicant and the position, and more broadly, between the applicant and the firm. The same applies to the selection of MBA applicants as admissions offices strive to enroll students that fit with the unique culture of their respective programs.  To be successful on the “fit,” applicants need to sync three components: they need to understand themselves and their own priorities; they need to get to know the unique characteristics of the different MBA programs; and they need to be able to articulate in essays and during admissions interviews that they are a fit for the program in question. 

Meet the People and Visit the Campus There is no better way to prepare for a job interview than to meet with current and former employees of a company and to visit their offices.  The same is true when applying to business school. Always speak with current students and alumni of programs you are interested in.  Ask them why they joined the program and find out what is unique about the culture and academics.  The themes you hear from multiple sources will allow you to discover if there is a fit with the program while providing invaluable details you can share in essays and during interviews.  Firms do not hire MBAs who have not done their due diligence and met people from their firm, and MBA programs are just as discerning.

Preparation is Key MBAs who are successful in their job search prepare. They learn an industry, understand trends, do company research, learn about who they are interviewing with, visit the firm, network with employees, review news, pick apart company websites, practice mock interviews, and more. You should do the same level of preparation when applying to business school. Study for the GMAT, conduct practice interviews, research a school, speak with alumni, and choose the right recommenders.

Answer the Three Key Questions For many fit interviews, the core questions recruiters ask MBAs are: “Tell me about yourself?”; “Why do you want to work for my company?”; and “Why should I hire you?”  The same three questions also apply to MBA applicants; they should be able to eloquently and convincingly share their background and explain why they want to attend the MBA program and why they should be admitted.

Be Memorable and Tell Good Stories  I will never forget an executive from a company standing in front of a group of MBAs and giving the following advice: “If you don’t have a personality, find one!” While the executive was being flip and entertaining, I believe he had an important point, which is that each of us should be able to be interesting to the people evaluating us, whether that is for a job or for admittance to an MBA program.  And the vehicle for sharing interesting things about you and your background is through storytelling—being able to share events or accomplishments that are interesting, which make a point, and are memorable. As you write your essays and prepare for your admissions interview, make sure to have at the ready a set of stories you can share to convince a school that you are a strong candidate for admittance.

The Little Things Matter Dress well, make sure your resume is perfect, choose your recommenders wisely, be professional in your communications, send thank you notes, be nice to everyone involved in evaluating you, sleep well the night before your GMAT test, get your application in early… Like any job search, in the end it is the many small things that ultimately tip the balance between success in finding a new job or being admitted to the business school of your choice.

Have Fun Ironically, it is often those who enjoy meeting new people, exploring new jobs and opportunities, and who  understand that rejection is an inevitable part of the job search that are the most successful. The same applies to the MBA application process. They are successful because they throw themselves into their search for the right school, find reward in the process, and are more poised and confident as they interview.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: So Close while So Far
I’m spending the fall term of my second year on exchange in Sydney and, to be perfectly honest, I was not sure if this was the right decision to make.  I had no doubt that being in Australia would be a good decision and that I would learn a lot from my exchange experience.  Rather, what I was worried about was missing a term at Tuck—missing nine weeks (ten if you include the recruiting break in mid-October) on campus, hanging out with my classmates, and meeting the new first years.  I had such a great time in my first year that this consideration truly gave me pause.

Nonetheless, I took the plunge, knowing that I’d regret not doing an exchange more than I’d regret not being in Hanover for the fall (though missing the fall foliage amongst the verdant flora here in Sydney has been a shock).  And it turns out to have been a great decision.  I’ve kept in touch with classmates through Facebook (we have a class Facebook group that certain classmates are very active in) and e-mail.  Our campus-wide IM client still works halfway around the world, and I recently participated in a video conference with my fellow Judicial Board members (it was a routine meeting, in case you’re wondering).  Do I feel 100% abreast with what’s going on at Tuck?  No, but I feel reasonably close.  I did a practice case with a classmate preparing for fall recruiting and have reviewed resumes and cover letters for T’15s.

I honestly hadn’t given much thought to how the internet truly brings people together, but, using Tuck’s IM program (Microsoft Lync) to chat with classmates half a world away has been a treat!  I feel more connected than I thought I’d be, and that’s made this exchange experience all the more rewarding.  So, if you’re thinking about coming to Tuck and going to one of our 18 exchange schools (it’s also possible to go to another school if you’re interested—I briefly explored going on exchange in New Zealand), I encourage you to take the plunge!  It’s an experience you won’t forget.

Speaking of the exchange program, it’s been a fantastic experience.  Much like my classmates back at Tuck, I’ve been able to arrange my schedule based on my priorities; for this experience, my priority is to travel around Australia and experience as much of it as I can.  As a result, I’ve concentrated my classes onto Mondays and Tuesdays, giving me five days to explore this amazing continent.  From spending four days in the “red center” (mostly a desert made of brilliantly red sandstone crystals) to driving around Tasmania and exploring South Australia’s mountains and vineyards, I have used this exchange as a platform to explore, both as a tourist and as a student of business.  While ascending Australia’s tallest mountain wasn’t as much of a challenge as it sounds (the first leg involved a ski lift), it’s given me a great perspective of this country and how unique it really is.

The exchange has also helped me understand a true advantage of Tuck’s curriculum: the mini courses.  I don’t pretend to have studied in detail how other business schools structure their courses, so it could be that this is quite common at most schools; all I know is that Tuck offers half-term-length classes (called mini’s) and my exchange institution does not.  These minis are great opportunities to cover a topic that is relevant to business but not deserving of a full-term class.  Most of the electives I’ve taken are minis, and I think it’s a great way to expand your horizon.  I’m taking three full-term courses here, and registering for winter courses at Tuck reminded me of how valuable the minis are and what a great opportunity they provide.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: Applying Your Job Search Experiences to the MBA Application Process
This post was originally published as part of the Ask the Experts series on MBA.com.

The same practices that make MBAs successful in their job search also make them effective in gaining admittance to the MBA program of their choice.

As a quick introduction, I am the director of the Career Development Office at the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth and the class of 2015 is the 11th class of Tuck students that I have worked with. I have also become involved in the Admissions process at Tuck and have noticed the following seven parallels between successful job seekers and MBA applicants:

School Fit is Critical  The critical factor for many companies looking to hire MBAs is the perceived fit between the applicant and the position, and more broadly, between the applicant and the firm. The same applies to the selection of MBA applicants as admissions offices strive to enroll students that fit with the unique culture of their respective programs.  To be successful on the “fit,” applicants need to sync three components: they need to understand themselves and their own priorities; they need to get to know the unique characteristics of the different MBA programs; and they need to be able to articulate in essays and during admissions interviews that they are a fit for the program in question. 

Meet the People and Visit the Campus There is no better way to prepare for a job interview than to meet with current and former employees of a company and to visit their offices.  The same is true when applying to business school. Always speak with current students and alumni of programs you are interested in.  Ask them why they joined the program and find out what is unique about the culture and academics.  The themes you hear from multiple sources will allow you to discover if there is a fit with the program while providing invaluable details you can share in essays and during interviews.  Firms do not hire MBAs who have not done their due diligence and met people from their firm, and MBA programs are just as discerning.

Preparation is Key MBAs who are successful in their job search prepare. They learn an industry, understand trends, do company research, learn about who they are interviewing with, visit the firm, network with employees, review news, pick apart company websites, practice mock interviews, and more. You should do the same level of preparation when applying to business school. Study for the GMAT, conduct practice interviews, research a school, speak with alumni, and choose the right recommenders.

Answer the Three Key Questions For many fit interviews, the core questions recruiters ask MBAs are: “Tell me about yourself?”; “Why do you want to work for my company?”; and “Why should I hire you?”  The same three questions also apply to MBA applicants; they should be able to eloquently and convincingly share their background and explain why they want to attend the MBA program and why they should be admitted.

Be Memorable and Tell Good Stories  I will never forget an executive from a company standing in front of a group of MBAs and giving the following advice: “If you don’t have a personality, find one!” While the executive was being flip and entertaining, I believe he had an important point, which is that each of us should be able to be interesting to the people evaluating us, whether that is for a job or for admittance to an MBA program.  And the vehicle for sharing interesting things about you and your background is through storytelling—being able to share events or accomplishments that are interesting, which make a point, and are memorable. As you write your essays and prepare for your admissions interview, make sure to have at the ready a set of stories you can share to convince a school that you are a strong candidate for admittance.

The Little Things Matter Dress well, make sure your resume is perfect, choose your recommenders wisely, be professional in your communications, send thank you notes, be nice to everyone involved in evaluating you, sleep well the night before your GMAT test, get your application in early… Like any job search, in the end it is the many small things that ultimately tip the balance between success in finding a new job or being admitted to the business school of your choice.

Have Fun Ironically, it is often those who enjoy meeting new people, exploring new jobs and opportunities, and who  understand that rejection is an inevitable part of the job search that are the most successful. The same applies to the MBA application process. They are successful because they throw themselves into their search for the right school, find reward in the process, and are more poised and confident as they interview.

Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: So Close while So Far
I’m spending the fall term of my second year on exchange in Sydney and, to be perfectly honest, I was not sure if this was the right decision to make.  I had no doubt that being in Australia would be a good decision and that I would learn a lot from my exchange experience.  Rather, what I was worried about was missing a term at Tuck—missing nine weeks (ten if you include the recruiting break in mid-October) on campus, hanging out with my classmates, and meeting the new first years.  I had such a great time in my first year that this consideration truly gave me pause.

Nonetheless, I took the plunge, knowing that I’d regret not doing an exchange more than I’d regret not being in Hanover for the fall (though missing the fall foliage amongst the verdant flora here in Sydney has been a shock).  And it turns out to have been a great decision.  I’ve kept in touch with classmates through Facebook (we have a class Facebook group that certain classmates are very active in) and e-mail.  Our campus-wide IM client still works halfway around the world, and I recently participated in a video conference with my fellow Judicial Board members (it was a routine meeting, in case you’re wondering).  Do I feel 100% abreast with what’s going on at Tuck?  No, but I feel reasonably close.  I did a practice case with a classmate preparing for fall recruiting and have reviewed resumes and cover letters for T’15s.

I honestly hadn’t given much thought to how the internet truly brings people together, but, using Tuck’s IM program (Microsoft Lync) to chat with classmates half a world away has been a treat!  I feel more connected than I thought I’d be, and that’s made this exchange experience all the more rewarding.  So, if you’re thinking about coming to Tuck and going to one of our 18 exchange schools (it’s also possible to go to another school if you’re interested—I briefly explored going on exchange in New Zealand), I encourage you to take the plunge!  It’s an experience you won’t forget.

Speaking of the exchange program, it’s been a fantastic experience.  Much like my classmates back at Tuck, I’ve been able to arrange my schedule based on my priorities; for this experience, my priority is to travel around Australia and experience as much of it as I can.  As a result, I’ve concentrated my classes onto Mondays and Tuesdays, giving me five days to explore this amazing continent.  From spending four days in the “red center” (mostly a desert made of brilliantly red sandstone crystals) to driving around Tasmania and exploring South Australia’s mountains and vineyards, I have used this exchange as a platform to explore, both as a tourist and as a student of business.  While ascending Australia’s tallest mountain wasn’t as much of a challenge as it sounds (the first leg involved a ski lift), it’s given me a great perspective of this country and how unique it really is.

The exchange has also helped me understand a true advantage of Tuck’s curriculum: the mini courses.  I don’t pretend to have studied in detail how other business schools structure their courses, so it could be that this is quite common at most schools; all I know is that Tuck offers half-term-length classes (called mini’s) and my exchange institution does not.  These minis are great opportunities to cover a topic that is relevant to business but not deserving of a full-term class.  Most of the electives I’ve taken are minis, and I think it’s a great way to expand your horizon.  I’m taking three full-term courses here, and registering for winter courses at Tuck reminded me of how valuable the minis are and what a great opportunity they provide.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Quick question:

I got invited and attended the lunch/tour/Q&A/interview last Friday (last date) for the early round application - should I expect a decision by the decision deadline or do they notify applicants of their status a week or two after the interview?

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Chmeva wrote:
Quick question:

I got invited and attended the lunch/tour/Q&A/interview last Friday (last date) for the early round application - should I expect a decision by the decision deadline or do they notify applicants of their status a week or two after the interview?

Thanks!

All decisions are published on December 18th. You won't hear anything till then.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Send PM
gentlejack wrote:
Chmeva wrote:
Quick question:

Thanks!

All decisions are published on December 18th. You won't hear anything till then.

I've read of a select few getting the admit call a day the day prior to the decision date, presumably because of time zones and/or there are so many calls to make, but gentlejack is right...don't sit by the phone waiting for any (603) calls for another 28-29 days.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26  ...  78   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts