Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:44 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.48
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 97 [0]
Given Kudos: 58
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Other, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V40
WE:Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.48
Send PM
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) Class of 2018: Calling all Admitted Students!! [#permalink]
kheown wrote:
CA88 wrote:
kthxbye wrote:
Any suggestions out there on strategies to appeal for more funding? Google has only yielded so much...

Also looking for any advice. I love Tuck but there was nothing regarding funding/scholarships in my admit letter so I'm assuming that means paying full price.

Here's an article from StacyBlackman with some useful tips: https://www.stacyblackman.com/2015/01/28 ... olarships/

However, I'd say that it's very unlikely that the adcom changes their mind on a decision regarding merit scholarships (either to give any funding or to increase the amount). Having said that, if you ask politely, along the lines of the article, I don't think it'll do any harm. Give it a week or so and then make up your mind (or set your own deadline whenever your deposit deadlines are).

And by the way, my online admission letter didn't mention the scholarship amount, but the official one did. Nevertheless, the adcom member mentioned the scholarship amount on the admission call.

Good luck with your decision!

Best regards,
kheown

Thanks kheown. I'm thinking it can't hurt, but I'll give it a few weeks before deciding. Didn't get the official letter yet, maybe there will be a nice surprise waiting for me!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) Class of 2018: Calling all Admitted Students!! [#permalink]
Hello everybody and congrats to all admits!!

I think that the financial aid desicion was due today, am I right? Has anyone received a response from the financial aid department at Tuck?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
abgirl wrote:

I think that the financial aid desicion was due today, am I right? Has anyone received a response from the financial aid department at Tuck?

Hello ab! No news yet... Eagerly waiting for it! Keep us posted please :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
kheown wrote:
abgirl wrote:

The date was today or am I mistaken?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
abgirl wrote:
kheown wrote:
abgirl wrote:

The date was today or am I mistaken?

I think the date was initially by ASW. Then they pushed it back to April 12th, but I remember reading on Groupme that somebody said there might be another delay on our Financial Aid letters (not stating any specific date).
Manager
Manager
Send PM
abgirl you've probably read the latest newsletter or are about to, but just in case.... the new deadline to receive the FA award letter is 4/29

Hope it helps! :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
kheown wrote:
abgirl you've probably read the latest newsletter or are about to, but just in case.... the new deadline to receive the FA award letter is 4/29

Just received the FA letter! :D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
kheown wrote:
kheown wrote:

Just received the FA letter! :D

Me too!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi guys!

I just got admitted to Tuck off the waitlist yesterday and I shall be enrolling (wohoo!). Since I'm pretty late to the party, I got a couple of questions.

a. Do we have a https://gmatclub.com/chat / Facebook / Google group for admitted students? Can someone help me join?
b. How long after your application did the Financial aid office get back to you with their offer? As an International student, I'm on a tight timeline.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jaigandhi wrote:
Hi guys!

I just got admitted to Tuck off the waitlist yesterday and I shall be enrolling (wohoo!). Since I'm pretty late to the party, I got a couple of questions.

a. Do we have a https://gmatclub.com/chat / Facebook / Google group for admitted students? Can someone help me join?
b. How long after your application did the Financial aid office get back to you with their offer? As an International student, I'm on a tight timeline.

Hello Jai!

I already sent you the details for the FB group.

Regarding financial aid, after ASW (thats when most of us received our offers), I think they are adressing requests on a first come first served basis. I would send the required docs asap and Im sure they'll do their best to get back to you as soon as possible. In the meantime, you can work on other paperwork while you wait to hear back form the FAO.

Best regards,
kheown
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Send PM
Wow! So many early action admits.

Just out of curiosity, can you guys point out that 1 reason that helped you conclude "Tuck is where I want to go".
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72883 [0]
Given Kudos: 18867
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived Tuck Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our Tuck Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated Tuck Forum for all fresh things related to the Tuck MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts