Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 08:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Tuck (Dartmouth): T '16 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.35
WE: Human Resources (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 4

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): T '16 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2014, 05:30
I'm a R1 applicant. Contacted admissions yesterday regarding feedback. I'm informed that feedback should be sent out around March 15th. It appears that it's already been sent out to some applicants; hopefully we'll all receive it within a week or so.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 3

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): T '16 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2014, 05:36
This post received
KUDOS
cfherrer wrote:

Wow!! What is it the deadline? (I guess I will receive the same)

Good luck!! Hold on!

Well there is no deadline as such.

It was written very clearly that TUCK doesnt offer admission to candidates on the waitlist when decisions are released in subsequent decision rounds.Any candidate who remains on the waitlist will be revaluated for admissions only at the end of the admissions cycle ( Late may).

So i guess i have time till late may to give me GMAT ..which is good because i am out travelling for 2 weeks in April ..

And dont be too sure that you will get the same feedback. Last year a 620 guy didnt get this feedback while a 710 guy got it .. they see your overall story and application .. and then give the feedback ..
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE: Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 126 [0], given: 134

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): T '16 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2014, 07:04
tictoc wrote:
Just got official feedback .. that my gmat score wasnt competitive enough .. so if possible i should retake it .. had a 700 balanced score .. :( .. back to the books it seems ..

Good luck!

Latest Blog Posts (Updated August 27)*
- What MBA Blogs does an MBA Blogger read?
- Introducing TheEngineerMBA

Check it out at http://grantmeadmission.com/

-------------------
Check out my GMAT guide: "How I got a 710 on my first try"
57 essay analyses available here: http://grantmeadmission.com/essay-analysis/

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 0

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): T '16 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2014, 16:14
This post received
KUDOS
I just got my feedback from Tuck today in the morning. It stated that there was nothing specific for me to work on or resubmit at the time, which, judging from past years, seems to be a common response from the adcom. It also explained that waitlisted candidates would be reevaluated until late May, throughout June and July, and even on early August.

If it's of any use I applied for the early action round.

Best of luck everyone!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q V
GPA: 3.6

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 58

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): T '16 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2014, 18:48
dbnoho wrote:
I'm a R1 applicant. Contacted admissions yesterday regarding feedback. I'm informed that feedback should be sent out around March 15th. It appears that it's already been sent out to some applicants; hopefully we'll all receive it within a week or so.

During today's online chat, Amy from admissions said that feedback would come over the "next few weeks." Hmm. That seems to contradict what you heard.... :?
BSchool Forum Moderator

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): T '16 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2014, 04:54
Chmeva wrote:
I just got my feedback from Tuck today in the morning. It stated that there was nothing specific for me to work on or resubmit at the time, which, judging from past years, seems to be a common response from the adcom. It also explained that waitlisted candidates would be reevaluated until late May, throughout June and July, and even on early August.

If it's of any use I applied for the early action round.

Best of luck everyone!

Thanks Chmeva! And good news on your profile! I still am eagerly awaiting my feedback!

-------------------

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Johnson - Class of 2016

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 56

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): T '16 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2014, 08:25
Just got feedback (Nov Applicant), although the lady called me the incorrect name in the e-mail...so I'm guessing a "Josh" and I both need to increase our GMATs

Last edited by Tochenzo on 17 Mar 2014, 09:22, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
WE: Analyst (Retail Banking)

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 18

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): T '16 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2014, 15:39
Hi everyone, I just added myself to the waitlist. I work in consumer financial products in Delaware. I'm glad to still have a chance at Tuck. Hopefully yield is low at Tuck this year and all of get an admit.

MBA Data Guru Blog

BSchool Forum Moderator

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): T '16 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2014, 08:15
We added a few new people to the waitlist this round! So far, we have had two of our WL'ers get off of the Waitlist, so we know it can happen!

Quite a few of have received feedback (I have not), and I imagine more of us will receive feedback in the near future (next few weeks).

Keep strong!

-------------------

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q V
GPA: 3.6

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 58

Tuck (Dartmouth): T '16 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2014, 08:27
Nov applicant - received my feedback on Friday as well. No specific improvements suggested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE: Information Technology (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 8

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): T '16 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2014, 08:39
January Round applicant here. I was added to the waitlist yesterday. Good luck guys.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.01
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 9

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): T '16 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2014, 19:55
noodlesnyc wrote:
Nov applicant - received my feedback on Friday as well. No specific improvements suggested.

Hi neediesny, I am a January Round applicant. Could you share how can you get feedback? Should I email someone in admission office to request feedback? Or they just reach out you ?

Thank you a lot and best luck to everyone on the waiting list.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Statistics
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): T '16 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2014, 23:30
livia2014 wrote:
noodlesnyc wrote:

Hi neediesny, I am a January Round applicant. Could you share how can you get feedback? Should I email someone in admission office to request feedback? Or they just reach out you ?

January Round applicant - been waitlisted. I have the same query regarding the feedback.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE: Information Technology (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 8

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): T '16 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2014, 05:40
livia2014 wrote:

joshi702 wrote:
January Round applicant - been waitlisted. I have the same query regarding the feedback.

I dont think we ll have to do anything specific for receiving feedback. The automated email reply I received when I confirmed my interest in staying on the Waiting list informs :

Quote:
If you choose to maintain an active candidacy on the Tuck waitlist, a member of the Tuck admissions team will provide feedback to you via email in the coming weeks.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): T '16 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2014, 11:18
I got the same automated reply. Did anyone else voluntarily send "supplemental info" in that email or prefer to hold off per their instructions on the blog? I decided against it, but do want to mention some new developments at work/quant classes/etc.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
WE: Analyst (Retail Banking)

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 18

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): T '16 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2014, 06:49
If you get in off the wait list, how are you notified? Do they call or send an email saying you status has been updated?

MBA Data Guru Blog

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): T '16 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2014, 18:15
ConsultingOrBust wrote:
If you get in off the wait list, how are you notified? Do they call or send an email saying you status has been updated?

I'm guessing they will call you and later send an official admission email, just like they would if you were admitted during a "regular" round.

Last edited by Chmeva on 25 Mar 2014, 09:27, edited 1 time in total.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41

Kudos [?]: 11 [1] , given: 14

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): T '16 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2014, 17:33
This post received
KUDOS
Finally received the feedback as well (Nov Round). Nothing specific...
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
GPA: 3.81
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): T '16 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2014, 07:26
I sent my confirmation email to the address a few hours after I was put on the waitlist. But the automated reply seems like it is the one that they sent out to people who were added to the waitlist in January (for November rounders):

If you choose to maintain an active candidacy on the Tuck waitlist, a member of the Tuck admissions team will provide feedback to you via email by mid-March. The Tuck.Waitlist@Dartmouth.edu<mailto:Tuck.Waitlist@Dartmouth.edu> email account is the most direct way to interact with Tuck Admissions while on the waitlist.

I haven't heard anything since I got the decision on the 14th.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Leadership, Human Resources

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): T '16 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2014, 11:32
senyi wrote:
Finally received the feedback as well (Nov Round). Nothing specific...

Everyone received its feedback?
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): T '16 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!   [#permalink] 25 Mar 2014, 11:32