Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 01:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: Booth, Kellogg, Tuck
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2009, 19:24
Antmavel/Branson,

I have been admitted to Tuck and am wondering if you guys could answer a couple of questions for me.

1.. What is your take on living in the dorm the first year versus sharing an apartment/house with fellow students in Hanover.

2.. Did you own a car while at Tuck? Is one necessary?

Thanks,
ZZeuSS
VP
VP
Schools: Tuck
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 117 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2009, 22:07
ZZeusS,

I interviewed with a second year student and asked her the same question concerning living in residence. She pretty much told me its a "must-do". She made it seem like you'll miss out on a lot of the social activities if you don't. It makes sense since I think over 50% of first-years live on campus.

About the car, she mention it wasn't necessary. She actually made it seem like one would be a bit of a liability, however a lot of the students that live in residence do have a car. You'll likely have to part a good distance away and be responsible for clearing it off when it snows, etc. But it absolutely isn't a necessity. You can often catch a ride with a student that has a car if the need arises.

I hope this helps,

RF

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Re: Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2009, 07:50
refurb,

thanks for the info... that aligns with what i was thinking

1.. i definitely don't want to miss out on the social activities, so i am tending towards living in-residence the first year

2.. a car is probably a non-issue the first year if i am living in-residence... however, i am wondering how far the usual houses/apartments that students rent are from campus... if these are not within walking distance, is there a good network of public transportation in hanover

ZZeuSS
VP
VP
Schools: Tuck
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 117 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2009, 13:13
ZZeuSS,

You might want to contact admissions and have them put you in contact with a "buddy". If you could find someone similar to yourself (married/single, kids/no kids, younger/older) who is a current student, you could probably get a lot of great information from them.

Since you're already admitted, I'm sure they'd go out of their way to find someone for you to talk to.

RF

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Re: Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2009, 06:53
refurb,

thats a good idea... will do... thanks

ZZeuSS
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 97 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2009, 10:24
Hello Tuck Ambassadors,

I am planning to apply in 2009 - R1.(starting 8 months in advance :) )

I am Indian/male/29/GMAT (first attempt 700, second attempt 670) / Under Grad GPA 3.0 / Masters in Computer Engg in US with GPA 3.2 / 4 years experience in health care - IT / Location Boston / currently writing essays and networking.

Short term goals: Continue in Health Care Industry and gain more experience on management side.(specifically in dialysis industry).
Long term goals: Launch or Join a company which provides dialysis services and products in India.

I am looking for some guidance from Tuck Ambassadors on the following:
1: Health Care Management at Tuck, especially contact information of current students in Health Care Management.
2: Should I re-take GMAT.
3: Any suggestions in terms of additional course work to demonstrate seriousness.

Many Thanks in advance. :)
Intern
Intern

Re: Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2009, 07:25
Hi,

I'm planning a visit to Tuck this June. Does the school prefer students to visit the admissions office? I know that some schools don't track visits, but some do and weigh them in your application. Would appreciate any insights, thanks.

Regards,
Aboo
Manager
Manager
Schools: HBS(08) - Ding. HBS, Stanford, Kellogg, Tuck, Stern, all dings. Yale - Withdrew App. Emory Executive -- Accepted, Matriculated, Withdrewed (yes, I spelled it wrong on purpose). ROSS -- GO BLUE 2011.
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 1

Re: Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2009, 08:15
Aboo -- Tuck loves folks to visits. One of the admission comittee folks hung with me for nearly two hours -- outside of my interview!

Schedule a self initiated interview while your there (you can find them on the Tuck website), though June may be hard as the students won't be around, I believe. Perhaps an admissions person will be...
Intern
Intern

Re: Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2009, 06:39
Yeah i know early June is tough because exam period is over, but thats the only time i have.

Tuck has a generalist program, but do they have certain strengths in any field? say entrepreneurship or strategy?
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 97 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2009, 11:18
can anyone help me please. :)
mymba99 wrote:
Hello Tuck Ambassadors,

I am planning to apply in 2009 - R1.(starting 8 months in advance :) )

I am Indian/male/29/GMAT (first attempt 700, second attempt 670) / Under Grad GPA 3.0 / Masters in Computer Engg in US with GPA 3.2 / 4 years experience in health care - IT / Location Boston / currently writing essays and networking.

Short term goals: Continue in Health Care Industry and gain more experience on management side.(specifically in dialysis industry).
Long term goals: Launch or Join a company which provides dialysis services and products in India.

I am looking for some guidance from Tuck Ambassadors on the following:
1: Health Care Management at Tuck, especially contact information of current students in Health Care Management.
2: Should I re-take GMAT.
3: Any suggestions in terms of additional course work to demonstrate seriousness.

Many Thanks in advance. :)
Re: Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College   [#permalink] 06 Feb 2009, 11:18