Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Aug 2014, 23:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

UC Berkeley (Haas)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: UC Berkeley (Haas) [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2008, 19:59
I recently visited Haas and would like to note my observations here.

First and foremost important thing I liked about Haas was how friendly its students are. Everyone was willing to talk to me and answer any questions I had in mind. During my class visit I had an incident which might seem fairly routine to lot of folks but it showed how much students care.

There were 6 prospective students who were visiting the class that day and it was the first day of the semester. Since it was also the first class for the professor with this section, he could not distinguish between Haas students and prospective students, and started the class with no introductions.

With in a minute a Haas student raised her hand and made him aware of the fact that there were few prospective students in the class and it would be great to do introductions before starting the class. After which, each of the newcomers introduced him/herself and the whole class clapped and gave a warm welcome. I have visited few other top b-schools but have never seen such a friendly environment.

After talking to numerous students and few of my friends who are attending Haas full/part time programs, I can say that it is a great school for entrepreneurship and technology sector. If ENT/Innovation/Tech/VC is your goal, then Haas should be right up there with Stanford in your list. Being so close to Silicon Valley and having a top-notch Engineering school are the two biggest reasons behind this.

Another plus point that I found was smaller class size which could also be a negative if you are looking for a big alumni network. But in my personal opinion, the school has some great connections inside valley, probably the most influential ones when compared to other B-schools.

I hope to apply in R2. All the best to rest of the applicants.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 64

Kudos [?]: 333 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
Re: UC Berkeley (Haas) [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2008, 11:36
glad you enjoyed the visit! Hope to see you at the Super Saturday interview event!

GMAT Club Knowledge Vault:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/123
Haas Ambassador
http://gmatclub.com/forum/128-t62555
Kryzak's Profile:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/111-t56286
Member Essays:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/103-t50969

Manager
Manager
Schools: Ross
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 32

Re: UC Berkeley (Haas) [#permalink] New post 01 Oct 2010, 04:05
kryzak wrote:
glad you enjoyed the visit! Hope to see you at the Super Saturday interview event!

I have a question for current student or recent Alums

For the compulsory experiential course - which course did you take ? and how did you find the experience ?
Re: UC Berkeley (Haas)   [#permalink] 01 Oct 2010, 04:05