Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 03:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Nov 2011
Posts: 26
Location: India
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V40
GPA: 3
WE: Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2011, 22:09
Anyone from India got an invite?
Current Student
User avatar
Affiliations: Volunteer Operation Smile India, Creative Head of College IEEE branch (2009-10), Chief Editor College Magazine (2009), Finance Head College Magazine (2008)
Joined: 25 Jul 2010
Posts: 471
Location: India
WE2: Entrepreneur (E-commerce - The Laptop Skin Vault)
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE: Marketing (Other)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 79 [0], given: 24

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2011, 22:56
tejachebrole7 wrote:
Anyone from India got an invite?


I am from India and I haven't received anything yet.
_________________

Kidchaos

http://www.laptopskinvault.com

Follow The Laptop Skin Vault on:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TheLaptopSkinVault
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/LaptopSkinVault

Consider Kudos if you think the Post is good
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot. Nothing is going to change. It's not. - Dr. Seuss

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Jun 2011
Posts: 28
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2011, 07:06
kidchaos wrote:
tejachebrole7 wrote:
Anyone from India got an invite?


I am from India and I haven't received anything yet.


Nothing yet .
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 10 Oct 2011
Posts: 59
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 22

Re: UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2011, 17:31
Just got the invite! So relieved after multiple rejections... keep your head up for those still waiting.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 17 Jul 2011
Posts: 132
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 4

Re: UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2011, 17:33
Jingle wrote:
Just got the invite! So relieved after multiple rejections... keep your head up for those still waiting.


Congrats Jingle! Would you mind sharing your stats with the group?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 10 Oct 2011
Posts: 59
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 22

Re: UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2011, 17:47
ls413 wrote:
Jingle wrote:
Just got the invite! So relieved after multiple rejections... keep your head up for those still waiting.


Congrats Jingle! Would you mind sharing your stats with the group?


Thanks, ls!

Stats: 700/3.6/northeast area/accounting... I am plain vanilla on paper, but I do have some good community leadership. I had pretty much given up hope after a couple rejects (even went on a job interview today I was so discouraged, haha), so I'm rejuvinated with the positive news.

I know how much it sucks to be waiting. I sincerely hope the best for all of you! Good luck!
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 5
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.72
WE: Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2011, 19:14
Got an invite as well. Came around 5PM PT. Very excited.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Nov 2011
Posts: 25
Location: United States
GPA: 3.41
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2011, 20:33
Got an invite today as well around 8:30PM EST. Fairly excited. I am also an non URM male with a 670 GMAT and 3.2X GPA (though I have strong entrepreneurship/community service experience).

In the email they say that interviewing on campus or off campus is evaluated equally. Do you think this is true as I have not reached out to any alums or done any research beyond the website? Any other east coasters venturing out to CA?

Good luck to everyone applying! This is real stressful process and I have been fairly down about not getting a Darden interview and getting dinged from Booth.. receiving that UCLA invite email when out to happy hour with co-workers was an unexpected surprise.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 27 Oct 2011
Posts: 123
WE: Pharmaceuticals (Health Care)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 8

Re: UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2011, 21:57
Congrats guys! What does your status say online and what did it say before?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Dec 2011
Posts: 32
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V35
GPA: 2.9
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2011, 01:07
GMAT: 650
GPA: 2.9 Williams College Math and Econ Double Major
Nationality: African American
Work Experience: 2 years in Entertainment Corporate Finance

Got interview invite on 11/24.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Oct 2011
Posts: 49
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 7

Re: UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2011, 03:38
Ephs44 wrote:
GMAT: 650
GPA: 2.9 Williams College Math and Econ Double Major
Nationality: African American
Work Experience: 2 years in Entertainment Corporate Finance

Got interview invite on 11/24.


Congrats,mate!
Where is your location?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Dec 2011
Posts: 32
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V35
GPA: 2.9
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2011, 03:41
I live and work in Los Angeles.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 10 Oct 2011
Posts: 59
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 22

Re: UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2011, 06:57
healthcareguy wrote:
Congrats guys! What does your status say online and what did it say before?


Status hasn't changed online after getting the interview invite. Still reads: "Your MBA application is being reviewed by our admissions committee and we will contact you if we have any questions."
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 10 Oct 2011
Posts: 59
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 22

Re: UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2011, 07:59
mray86 wrote:
Got an invite today as well around 8:30PM EST. Fairly excited. I am also an non URM male with a 670 GMAT and 3.2X GPA (though I have strong entrepreneurship/community service experience).

In the email they say that interviewing on campus or off campus is evaluated equally. Do you think this is true as I have not reached out to any alums or done any research beyond the website? Any other east coasters venturing out to CA?

Good luck to everyone applying! This is real stressful process and I have been fairly down about not getting a Darden interview and getting dinged from Booth.. receiving that UCLA invite email when out to happy hour with co-workers was an unexpected surprise.


Hey mray - Congrats on the interview! I'm from the northeast and I am making the trek to cali next weekend for an on-campus interview. I had an off-campus interview for Kellogg, and it was not as easy as the on-campus interviews other candidates had posted. While I believe adcom will evaluate each interview equally, you just don't know what you are going to get with an alum interviewer. Off-campus interviews also tend to be longer, where on-campus interviews are a hard 30 minutes, which means less opportunity to screw up.

So, I'd recommend on-campus if you can help it, as it is more predictable. I also got to think that making the trek across country is going to show dedication in the back of their minds? That's just my two cents, but do what you feel is right. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Posts: 6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2011, 08:26
Has anyone from Canada received an invite yet??

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 17 Jul 2011
Posts: 132
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 4

Re: UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2011, 08:40
Jingle wrote:
mray86 wrote:
Got an invite today as well around 8:30PM EST. Fairly excited. I am also an non URM male with a 670 GMAT and 3.2X GPA (though I have strong entrepreneurship/community service experience).

In the email they say that interviewing on campus or off campus is evaluated equally. Do you think this is true as I have not reached out to any alums or done any research beyond the website? Any other east coasters venturing out to CA?

Good luck to everyone applying! This is real stressful process and I have been fairly down about not getting a Darden interview and getting dinged from Booth.. receiving that UCLA invite email when out to happy hour with co-workers was an unexpected surprise.


Hey mray - Congrats on the interview! I'm from the northeast and I am making the trek to cali next weekend for an on-campus interview. I had an off-campus interview for Kellogg, and it was not as easy as the on-campus interviews other candidates had posted. While I believe adcom will evaluate each interview equally, you just don't know what you are going to get with an alum interviewer. Off-campus interviews also tend to be longer, where on-campus interviews are a hard 30 minutes, which means less opportunity to screw up.

So, I'd recommend on-campus if you can help it, as it is more predictable. I also got to think that making the trek across country is going to show dedication in the back of their minds? That's just my two cents, but do what you feel is right. Good luck!


Congrats on your interview, Mray! I agree with Jingle. If you can make the trip, you definitely should. I am from the Northeast and visited the school over the summer. It's really beautiful.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Nov 2011
Posts: 25
Location: United States
GPA: 3.41
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2011, 09:38
ls413 wrote:
Jingle wrote:
mray86 wrote:
Got an invite today as well around 8:30PM EST. Fairly excited. I am also an non URM male with a 670 GMAT and 3.2X GPA (though I have strong entrepreneurship/community service experience).

In the email they say that interviewing on campus or off campus is evaluated equally. Do you think this is true as I have not reached out to any alums or done any research beyond the website? Any other east coasters venturing out to CA?

Good luck to everyone applying! This is real stressful process and I have been fairly down about not getting a Darden interview and getting dinged from Booth.. receiving that UCLA invite email when out to happy hour with co-workers was an unexpected surprise.


Hey mray - Congrats on the interview! I'm from the northeast and I am making the trek to cali next weekend for an on-campus interview. I had an off-campus interview for Kellogg, and it was not as easy as the on-campus interviews other candidates had posted. While I believe adcom will evaluate each interview equally, you just don't know what you are going to get with an alum interviewer. Off-campus interviews also tend to be longer, where on-campus interviews are a hard 30 minutes, which means less opportunity to screw up.

So, I'd recommend on-campus if you can help it, as it is more predictable. I also got to think that making the trek across country is going to show dedication in the back of their minds? That's just my two cents, but do what you feel is right. Good luck!


Congrats on your interview, Mray! I agree with Jingle. If you can make the trip, you definitely should. I am from the Northeast and visited the school over the summer. It's really beautiful.


Thanks fellas, I think I am going to try and make the trip out to California for the UCLA interview (work schedule pending). I also applied R1 via the consortium to USC and Berkley. I wish I could visit/interview all schools at once to reduce the travel costs and time of treking out from the east coast.

Last edited by mray86 on 04 Dec 2011, 15:00, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Apr 2011
Posts: 25
Location: United States
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2011, 13:07
got an invite 12/2 at 4:56PM PST
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Nov 2011
Posts: 25
Location: United States
GPA: 3.41
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2011, 15:00
Any other New Yorkers treking out to UCLA for the December 10th interview? I am flying in on Friday Afternoon and taking the Red Eye back to New York leaving LA at 9:30PM. There are no class visits now bc students are in finals right?

Good luck to everyone applying!

Anybody know if the interviews conducted on campus on Saturday are by adcoms or second year students?
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 18 Jul 2011
Posts: 99
Location: Canada
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: Q V
WE: Marketing (Telecommunications)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 11

Re: UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2011, 07:53
Noise wrote:
Has anyone from Canada received an invite yet??

Posted from my mobile device Image


Nothing on my side yet. Hopefully that changes this week
Last invite from the 2011 thread was the second week of December (just saying...)
Re: UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 05 Dec 2011, 07:53
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
52 Experts publish their posts in the topic UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants johnnyGMAT2k10 956 25 Aug 2011, 23:12
59 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! tim0thy 331 04 Nov 2012, 01:33
73 Experts publish their posts in the topic UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants souvik101990 938 27 Aug 2012, 14:50
13 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all UCLA Anderson Fall 2010 applicants! bball2693 695 20 Sep 2009, 04:38
Display posts from previous: Sort by

UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  48    Next  [ 957 posts ] 

Moderator: DefyingGravity



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.