Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 04:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Re: UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2012, 07:57
Realistically, how bad of a sign is it if you interviewed a while back and were not admitted last week?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Anderson - accepted, Booth - interview
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2012, 11:05
tctc33 wrote:
Realistically, how bad of a sign is it if you interviewed a while back and were not admitted last week?

I don't think it's terribly a bad sign. When the representative called me, he referred to us that got their acceptance letters so far as the "early group." So that, combined with the fact that they are still sending out interviews, means they aren't done deciding.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2012, 15:18
ardav wrote:
Captain's logbook, week 7
Another week passed without receiving any invitation. The crew started losing hope. We may look for another planet.

You put your hopes on only 2 California Universities?...man..not a good strategy.
Intern
Intern

Re: UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2012, 15:27
pavithrajoshi wrote:
Round 2 decisions already out? And look at us still waiting for an invite :cry:

Any international applicant who was admitted or at least got an invite in Round 2?

International R2 here and haven't heard form them yet, seems I wont' at all. Cya expensive SoCal
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
Re: UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2012, 15:46
I had an interview recently.

It was the most straightforward interview I have had so far. No resume provided during / before interview.

It was walk me through your resume, why MBA, why UCLA.
I asked a couple of questions and was done within 20mins.. if that. I think the interviewer just wanted to go home.
I was told beforehand not to prepare because I wouldnt need to. I did and wish I hadn't bothered!

It could mean the interviewer didnt think i was a good fit, ending so fast and all. But I'm strangely confident.
Intern
Intern
WE: Project Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2012, 05:34
Has anyone received or heard of anyone receiving an interview invite recently? I know they said they were still sending them out but I haven't heard anyone say they've received one...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.61
WE: Other (Other)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2012, 06:25
I received my invite last week and interviewed on Monday - invites are still rolling out - keep the faith!

Mark

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
Schools: Anderson '14 (A)
GMAT 1: Q48 V41
GPA: 4

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2012, 06:58
Had My R2 interview on campus. It was very laid back. I am not even sure what they are trying to learn with an interview. UCLA has an awesome campus!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 500 Q30 V28
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.09
WE: Marketing (Entertainment and Sports)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 13

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2012, 07:33
samve1 wrote:
Had My R2 interview on campus. It was very laid back. I am not even sure what they are trying to learn with an interview. UCLA has an awesome campus!

What do you mean by that?

Image Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Intern
Intern

Re: UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2012, 10:52
goodbyeboy wrote:
samve1 wrote:

I mean it was very quick. Very simple questions. Nothing like in other schools. Does anyone know the % of interviewed who are admitted?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, General Management
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
GPA: 3.5
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2012, 10:54
samve1 wrote:
goodbyeboy wrote:
samve1 wrote:

I mean it was very quick. Very simple questions. Nothing like in other schools. Does anyone know the % of interviewed who are admitted?

about 65% (based off Businessweek's profile)
Intern
Intern

Re: UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2012, 11:19
Image Posted from GMAT ToolKit[/quote]

I mean it was very quick. Very simple questions. Nothing like in other schools. Does anyone know the % of interviewed who are admitted?[/quote]

about 65% (based off Businessweek's profile)[/quote]

Not bad. Does this number consider yield? Also, any ideas how generous is UCLA with scholarships?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2012, 12:22
Approximately 1/3 of the incoming class receives a fellowship. This is from an information session I attended on campus.

One interesting thing about the acceptance rate. On the actual notification deadline the rate is probably lower than what is published. That is because schools keep many applicants on the waitlist. As they go through the waitlist, odds are that the candidates that they offer to are likelier to accept (since schools tend to offer candidates who continue to show interest in the school, meaning they have not accepted at another school by that point). Therefore these waitlisted students whom are accepting, are bringing up both the acceptance rate and the yield of the school. Hence the total acceptance rate/yield reported by BW for the application year is not necessarily indicative of any particular notification date numbers. This is not based on any information session, just my own personal speculation :-)

samve1 wrote:

I mean it was very quick. Very simple questions. Nothing like in other schools. Does anyone know the % of interviewed who are admitted?[/quote]

about 65% (based off Businessweek's profile)[/quote]

Not bad. Does this number consider yield? Also, any ideas how generous is UCLA with scholarships?[/quote]
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2012, 13:27
krazie85 wrote:
Received a full tuition fellowship via email this morning. VERY EXCITED.

Congratulations Krazie! Very exciting. Do you mind sharing your background/stats?
Intern
Intern

Re: UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2012, 04:36
I applied on the last day of Round 2, have not received any interview invite yet. Anyone else in the same boat? Seems running out of luck :-/
Intern
Intern

Re: UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2012, 05:00
anantarora wrote:
I applied on the last day of Round 2, have not received any interview invite yet. Anyone else in the same boat? Seems running out of luck :-/

I'm in the same boat, still says "Your MBA application is being reviewed by our admissions committee and we will contact you if we have any questions." I'm kind of planning on a ding.
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 650 Q46 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 11

Re: UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2012, 05:21
Lisarg25 wrote:
anantarora wrote:

I'm in the same boat, still says "Your MBA application is being reviewed by our admissions committee and we will contact you if we have any questions." I'm kind of planning on a ding.

Looks like this boat is filling up! :x

Checking your e-mails incessantly hoping for some good news is getting increasingly frustrating!
Manager
Manager

Re: UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2012, 07:08
Well, hopefully my status won't change to "The decision will be out on the date mentioned on the website" without me receiving an invitation.....because if that happens - then I know I'm doomed! :shock:
Intern
Intern

Re: UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2012, 07:10
goodbyeboy wrote:
Well, hopefully my status won't change to "The decision will be out on the date mentioned on the website" without me receiving an invitation.....because if that happens - then I know I'm doomed! :shock:

Is that what it might change to?
I guess we could be waitlisted, I didn't really think about that...
Manager
Manager

Re: UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2012, 07:28
Lisarg25 wrote:
goodbyeboy wrote:

Is that what it might change to?
I guess we could be waitlisted, I didn't really think about that...

I've been wondering about that actually.....does Anderson waitlist people without interviews?
Re: UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 15 Mar 2012, 07:28