Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 05:11 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 05:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GPA: 3.8
WE:Information Technology (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.1
WE:Marketing (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling Admitted Applicants [#permalink]
tienvunguyen wrote:
Congratulations to all Anderson admits!

I create this thread for 2013 admitted applicants to share info from now till start of school regarding: admission package, financial aid, moving and so on. My first question is: Has anyone received the admission package by mail from Anderson?

Vu.

Hi, received my admit package a few days ago. I'm an Int'l R2 applicant, who received offer 2-15. Still debating on which school (if i get choice) to accept.
cheers
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
I've been checking the mail every day hoping that the admissions package is in there - I'm a total nerd.

Go Bruins - 8 clap
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Still waiting for the admit package...

Has anyone gone through the Kroll verification? What is the process like for Anderson - do they start right after submitting a deposit, wait until summer, ask about extra curriculars, etc? I want to get it over with to be 100% locked in because my mind has a way of making up crazy scenarios.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
Send PM
Hi there tienvunguyen - are you still decided between Anderson and Ross for Tech on West Coast? I'm (currently) in the same boat. But I'm leaning toward Anderson due to their placement stats...

Dman25 - I just went through all the stuff they sent me and don't see any mention of the standard background check. Am I missing something? Does Anderson just not do one? Don't want to miss a verification form I'm just not seeing someplace...

tienvunguyen wrote:
Some more updates from me. I got the early batch admission with no money but was super surprised 2 days ago to receive merit-based fellowship $$. I am waiting for the package to arrive and looking for scholarships from other schools at the same time. Ready to file FAFSA also because I heard the sooner you file FAFSA, the better.

Still deciding between UCLA $$ vs. Ross (likely $$) vs. Kellogg (working on waitlist). Any input on where I should go with a technology / entrepreneurship career focus (looking to work for Amazon or starting new businesses after MBA)?

How about fellow UCLA admits? What are you guys doing now that you're admitted? Are you working on financial aid? Are you going to any UCLA admit events? Any tips on moving to and living in LA?

Cheers.

V.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Got my admit email yesterday. No word on $$.

I'm in a different situation than most of you. I'm already attending UCLA as a Master of Public Policy student. I found out about the joint degree possibility during my MPP orientation and decided it was something I wanted to do. Thus Anderson was the only MBA program I applied to, and I'm really happy to have been admitted. It was kind of funny though, after I took the GMAT, I started getting tons of recruitment emails and letters from second tier programs like Vanderbilt and UC Irvine.

For those of you who decide to attend here, I think you'll really like it. The campus is beautiful, and the school itself is great. I took a few Anderson courses during the fall quarter, and the student body and faculty are top class. Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you over the coming months.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congratulations to all !

I'm an admit from R1. Regarding degree certificate , has any of you had to submit the original degree certificate as part of documents?

I sent an college attested copy of the degree certificate. However, the adm office said that I would need to send a "sealed copy" or the original.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
Send PM
The usb drive in the admit package is blank, right? Did anyone have anything on theirs?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V45
Send PM
congrats to accepted. wish i hadn't been dinged off the waitlist.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello,
Any idea when the i-20 generally are issued, if anyone has contacts from last year ? Not before June it seems from the mba admits website.

Cheers
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hi

This is Siddharth, wanted to know whether there is any harm in taking a retake of the GMAT , Does Anderson take the best score.

Thanks and regards,
Siddharth
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72865 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All UCLA Anderson Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All UCLA Anderson Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All UCLA Anderson Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated UCLA Anderson Forum to dive into all things related to UCLA Anderson 's MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts