Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 09:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Expert Post
VP
VP
avatar
Status: Yale SOM!
Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 1250
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 410 [0], given: 244

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2012, 17:40
Expert's post
MrAlpaca wrote:
just got my invitation.

25 at matriculation/M/2 yrs. aerospace eng/730/3.44


Congrats, MrAlpaca! Looks like you didn't have to wait too much longer ;)
_________________

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 24 Jul 2012
Posts: 61
WE: Consulting (Telecommunications)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2012, 20:58
rjdunn03 wrote:
LN03FZL wrote:
Got an interview invite last night. Any particular advice for Anderson interviews? Are Skype interviews taken by admissions team or career management team?


congrats, what is your background?


Thanks.
720/6 years Telecom consulting
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 17 Jan 2010
Posts: 212
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: Q V
GMAT 3: 740 Q49 V41
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 21

GMAT Tests User
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2012, 22:20
stayfrosty6 wrote:
MrAlpaca wrote:
I think last year there was an early decision batch by 20 dic, is that correct? Does anybody know about this and whther this year will be another one?

Posted from my mobile device Image

Word on the street is that first round of admits goes out week of December 10th.

Which street is this coming off of? Sounds like you're picking it up from the rumor mill.



Alpaca - Its at the intersection of "you don't have to listen to me" and "we'll have to wait to find out anyways" .... Just sharing the info I have buddy.


UCLA Anderson will release some admits before the posted deadline for the 1st round.

Good luck folks.
_________________

GMAT Debrief

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 31 Oct 2012
Posts: 70
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools: CBS '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V46
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 4

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2012, 11:53
dc3828102 wrote:
stayfrosty6 wrote:
MrAlpaca wrote:
I think last year there was an early decision batch by 20 dic, is that correct? Does anybody know about this and whther this year will be another one?

Posted from my mobile device Image

Word on the street is that first round of admits goes out week of December 10th.

Which street is this coming off of? Sounds like you're picking it up from the rumor mill.



Alpaca - Its at the intersection of "you don't have to listen to me" and "we'll have to wait to find out anyways" .... Just sharing the info I have buddy.


UCLA Anderson will release some admits before the posted deadline for the 1st round.

Good luck folks.


Thank you for your insight!
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 17 Jan 2010
Posts: 212
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: Q V
GMAT 3: 740 Q49 V41
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 21

GMAT Tests User
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2012, 21:02
Just as a pointer to applicants who are visiting business school classes, you SHOULD NOT look at your cell phone and not pay attention during the class regardless of how little interest you have about the subject matter.

Treat your official business school visit as an informal interview and whatever odd actions that you may do, the host student may communicate the oddity to the admissions committee.
_________________

GMAT Debrief

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 17 Jul 2010
Posts: 126
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 43

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2012, 09:43
Does UCLA Admission look at the last 2 years GPA for making their decisions, or do they look at the cumulative GPA? Please take in consideration a gap of a few years between completion of a Bachelors degree.
CEO
CEO
User avatar
Status: Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.
Joined: 12 Oct 2009
Posts: 2793
Location: Malaysia
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 175

Kudos [?]: 891 [0], given: 235

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2012, 18:06
dc3828102 wrote:
Just as a pointer to applicants who are visiting business school classes, you SHOULD NOT look at your cell phone and not pay attention during the class regardless of how little interest you have about the subject matter.

Treat your official business school visit as an informal interview and whatever odd actions that you may do, the host student may communicate the oddity to the admissions committee.


Hi,

I had 2 math subjects during 1st year of my engineering and my grades are not good.

Reason: Health issue and time spent on entrepreneur projects during first year. Later my grades improved but maths was not the part of curriculum thereafter.

I have read UCLA gives special preference for good quant ability. I do think my quant skills are good. May be they can check my replies on GC :)
Can the grades be compensated by Q50 of my gmat?
I have cleared 2 levels of mathematics Olympiad and I scored rank 9 in the whole north west region of India.
Later I appeared at India Level Mathematics Olympiad.

If still adcoms need some special quant proof I m ready to take quant classes but where I m based I don't think I can get quant classes that will really Help. Can the online course of quant compensate?

To me UCLA is a perfect fit and I do not want to leave any loop hole !!

Thanks for your time.
_________________

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

Expert Post
VP
VP
avatar
Status: Yale SOM!
Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 1250
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 410 [0], given: 244

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2012, 16:38
Expert's post
gurpreetsingh wrote:
dc3828102 wrote:
Just as a pointer to applicants who are visiting business school classes, you SHOULD NOT look at your cell phone and not pay attention during the class regardless of how little interest you have about the subject matter.

Treat your official business school visit as an informal interview and whatever odd actions that you may do, the host student may communicate the oddity to the admissions committee.


Hi,

I had 2 math subjects during 1st year of my engineering and my grades are not good.

Reason: Health issue and time spent on entrepreneur projects during first year. Later my grades improved but maths was not the part of curriculum thereafter.

I have read UCLA gives special preference for good quant ability. I do think my quant skills are good. May be they can check my replies on GC :)
Can the grades be compensated by Q50 of my gmat?
I have cleared 2 levels of mathematics Olympiad and I scored rank 9 in the whole north west region of India.
Later I appeared at India Level Mathematics Olympiad.

If still adcoms need some special quant proof I m ready to take quant classes but where I m based I don't think I can get quant classes that will really Help. Can the online course of quant compensate?

To me UCLA is a perfect fit and I do not want to leave any loop hole !!

Thanks for your time.


Q50 is awesome, gurpreet!! Be proud of your quant ability (or I will be for you... *shamelessly jealous of your quant score*) :-D
_________________

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

CEO
CEO
User avatar
Status: Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.
Joined: 12 Oct 2009
Posts: 2793
Location: Malaysia
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 175

Kudos [?]: 891 [0], given: 235

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2012, 17:15
aerien wrote:
Q50 is awesome, gurpreet!! Be proud of your quant ability (or I will be for you... *shamelessly jealous of your quant score*) :-D


Thanks for the encouragement. I m quite confident about my quant skills but I was little concerned over the emphasis of anderson for the quant subjects of undergrad.
_________________

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

Expert Post
VP
VP
avatar
Status: Yale SOM!
Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 1250
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 410 [0], given: 244

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2012, 17:18
Expert's post
gurpreetsingh wrote:
aerien wrote:
Q50 is awesome, gurpreet!! Be proud of your quant ability (or I will be for you... *shamelessly jealous of your quant score*) :-D


Thanks for the encouragement. I m quite confident about my quant skills but I was little concerned over the emphasis of anderson for the quant subjects of undergrad.


If you can get that kind of score on your GMAT, you can do just about any quant course from undergrad (or be capable of learning how to do it). Don't worry about that!
_________________

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

CEO
CEO
User avatar
Status: Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.
Joined: 12 Oct 2009
Posts: 2793
Location: Malaysia
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 175

Kudos [?]: 891 [0], given: 235

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2012, 17:23
aerien wrote:
gurpreetsingh wrote:
aerien wrote:
Q50 is awesome, gurpreet!! Be proud of your quant ability (or I will be for you... *shamelessly jealous of your quant score*) :-D


Thanks for the encouragement. I m quite confident about my quant skills but I was little concerned over the emphasis of anderson for the quant subjects of undergrad.


If you can get that kind of score on your GMAT, you can do just about any quant course from undergrad (or be capable of learning how to do it). Don't worry about that!


:P thanks !! So far all apps submitted?
_________________

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

Expert Post
VP
VP
avatar
Status: Yale SOM!
Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 1250
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 410 [0], given: 244

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2012, 17:29
Expert's post
gurpreetsingh wrote:
:P thanks !! So far all apps submitted?


Yes, just waiting and waiting for results... you?
_________________

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

CEO
CEO
User avatar
Status: Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.
Joined: 12 Oct 2009
Posts: 2793
Location: Malaysia
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 175

Kudos [?]: 891 [0], given: 235

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2012, 17:37
aerien wrote:
gurpreetsingh wrote:
:P thanks !! So far all apps submitted?


Yes, just waiting and waiting for results... you?


wow.. Lucky chap. I m yet to submit. I gave my gmat recently and currently m researching.

So in case you are just waiting, may be I can take some of your time to get help?
:lol: blessing r free :P
_________________

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

Expert Post
VP
VP
avatar
Status: Yale SOM!
Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 1250
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 410 [0], given: 244

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2012, 17:39
Expert's post
gurpreetsingh wrote:
aerien wrote:
gurpreetsingh wrote:
:P thanks !! So far all apps submitted?


Yes, just waiting and waiting for results... you?


wow.. Lucky chap. I m yet to submit. I gave my gmat recently and currently m researching.

So in case you are just waiting, may be I can take some of your time to get help?
:lol: blessing r free :P


Sure - PM me. best of luck!
_________________

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

CEO
CEO
User avatar
Status: Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.
Joined: 12 Oct 2009
Posts: 2793
Location: Malaysia
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 175

Kudos [?]: 891 [0], given: 235

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2012, 23:09
aerien wrote:


Sure - PM me. best of luck!


PM sent. But i think you got scared and logged out :P :P :P
_________________

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

Expert Post
VP
VP
avatar
Status: Yale SOM!
Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 1250
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 410 [0], given: 244

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2012, 16:46
Expert's post
gurpreetsingh wrote:
aerien wrote:


Sure - PM me. best of luck!


PM sent. But i think you got scared and logged out :P :P :P


Psh. Contrary to what it might seem like, I do have a life outside Gmat Club :P Check your PM.
_________________

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

CEO
CEO
User avatar
Status: Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.
Joined: 12 Oct 2009
Posts: 2793
Location: Malaysia
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 175

Kudos [?]: 891 [0], given: 235

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2012, 17:52
aerien wrote:

Psh. Contrary to what it might seem like, I do have a life outside Gmat Club :P Check your PM.


haha :P It is must to have !! Thanks
_________________

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 26 Jun 2011
Posts: 97
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.66
WE: Consulting (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 7

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2012, 01:05
Any updates guys?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 31 Oct 2012
Posts: 70
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools: CBS '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V46
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 4

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2012, 05:03
From last years forum, it's safe to assume that we won't hear anything until next Friday.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 29 Sep 2012
Posts: 76
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.66
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 2

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2012, 10:29
Had my interview this week. It went well, and I was pleased with how Anderson conducts its interviews. A little more brief than others, but still a good chat.
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 07 Dec 2012, 10:29
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
73 Experts publish their posts in the topic UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants souvik101990 938 27 Aug 2012, 14:50
1 UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling Admitted Applicants tienvunguyen 12 16 Jan 2013, 09:06
59 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! tim0thy 331 04 Nov 2012, 01:33
Display posts from previous: Sort by

UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  47    Next  [ 939 posts ] 

Moderator: DefyingGravity



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.