Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 08:18

Hurry Up:

Last day of registration for Dealing with a Ding - Webinar by GMATClub and Admissionado Consulting.

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 5

Reviews Badge
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2013, 11:01
I believe these are the same as the questions that the recommenders see - one of my recommenders also told me that there was some sort of word limit in the online form that he had trouble with.[/quote]

My recommender told me there is a limit of 700 character WITH SPACES and he had to work hard to get so many things into the limit. Here is the actual test of how well you have chosen a recommender. The adcoms want to see how good you are at PR. If your boss can not spend few hours on your most important aspect of life then it shows lack of networking !![/quote]

That's a great perspective! But, probably reality calls for a different perception -- at least I feel so; We depend on recommenders, and they feel they can get another employee.
So, networking may not be the only driving factor here.

Thanks
raghupara
CEO
CEO
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 159

Kudos [?]: 827 [0], given: 235

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2013, 11:06
raghupara wrote:

That's a great perspective! But, probably reality calls for a different perception -- at least I feel so; We depend on recommenders, and they feel they can get another employee.

Thanks
raghupara

Networking is indeed important. Right from the day you decide to pursue MBA your application is started. You have to start networking in a way it is not limited to just the JOB.
In my case my networking has been great so far. I make limited but long lasting relationships. I m sure they will write the best LOR as per their ability.
This is the trust that can only be gained through networking and PR building.
I have recently switched so there is no point asking from them because of two reasons:
1. I did not have enough time for PR.
2. I can sense the mentality that will surely block my future rewards if I do not get through.

So selection of the right recommender is as important as selecting the right school.

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 5

Reviews Badge
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2013, 11:13
gurpreetsingh wrote:
raghupara wrote:

Thanks
raghupara

Networking is indeed important. Right from the day you decide to pursue MBA your application is started. You have to start networking in a way it is not limited to just the JOB.
In my case my networking has been great so far. I make limited but long lasting relationships. I m sure they will write the best LOR as per their ability.
This is the trust that can only be gained through networking and PR building.
I have recently switched so there is no point asking from them because of two reasons:
1. I did not have enough time for PR.
2. I can sense the mentality that will surely block my future rewards if I do not get through.

So selection of the right recommender is as important as selecting the right school.

Well, I agree....

I hope one day I get those recommenders who can really care for my growth and move out of their ways and businesses to think and write a detailed helping letter.
I've seen only pure generic or fairly specific business writings -- with a decent intention...

Best of luck with the application process, Gurpreetsingh,

thanks
raghupara
CEO
CEO

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2013, 11:17
raghupara wrote:
Well, I agree....

I hope one day I get those recommenders who can really care for my growth and move out of their ways and businesses to think and write a detailed helping letter.
I've seen only pure generic or fairly specific business writings -- with a decent intention...

Best of luck with the application process, Gurpreetsingh,

thanks
raghupara

Thanks Raghupara for your wishes !!

May be you can try to meet them off the office and discuss your future aspirations. You will always find some nuts but there are still many who will understand and genuinely try to help you out !!

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Gmat test review :

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 04:43
When does Anderson traditionally send out the majority of its R1 interview invites? I know the first group of applicants has been accepted, but as a R1 applicant who has not yet been invited to interview does it not look good for me?
CEO
CEO

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 06:42
What exactly we need to upload in transcripts?
Do I need to upload all the semester transcripts or the summary only? because when I try to upload 2 documents it replaces the previous one.

Gmat test review :

Current Student
GMAT 1: 640 Q V
GPA: 3.82
WE: Operations (Non-Profit and Government)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 12

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 17:22
mm2000 wrote:
When does Anderson traditionally send out the majority of its R1 interview invites? I know the first group of applicants has been accepted, but as a R1 applicant who has not yet been invited to interview does it not look good for me?

I'm in the same position and wondering the same thing. Hopefully we'll hear soon so we have time to get down to LA.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V50
WE: Research (Other)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 35

GMAT Tests User
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 17:32
PDX105 wrote:
mm2000 wrote:

I'm in the same position and wondering the same thing. Hopefully we'll hear soon so we have time to get down to LA.

I haven't been invited either. I'm thinking its no dice for us at UCLA. :(
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 12

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 17:48
rjdunn03 wrote:
PDX105 wrote:
mm2000 wrote:

I haven't been invited either. I'm thinking its no dice for us at UCLA. :(

Could be, but here's hoping for some movement next week :)
CEO
CEO

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 20:29
guys those who have already submitted the apps could you pls guide on how you have uploaded them?
gurpreetsingh wrote:
Do I need to upload all the semester transcripts or the summary only? because when I try to upload 2 documents it replaces the previous one.

Gmat test review :

VP
VP
Followers: 65

Kudos [?]: 411 [0], given: 434

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2013, 07:06
gurpreetsingh wrote:
guys those who have already submitted the apps could you pls guide on how you have uploaded them?
gurpreetsingh wrote:

Your transcript is a document that you get from your university after you complete the degree. This includes a list of all the courses you took (in each semester) and the corresponding grades. So essentially, your transcript is a single document that is a collection of your gpa cards for each semester.

I'd suggest you drop a note to the admissions, if you are planning to combine your semester cards (and not upload the transcript). You may combine everything in 1 document by using print screen, cutting pictures, adding everything to a word doc, and finally converting it into a pdf.

My Debrief | MBA Timeline - New! Stay on top of deadlines, receive recommendations for each stage, get reminders.

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q V
GPA: 4
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 16

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2013, 09:08
For those R1 who were not yet invited to interview (like me:( - if you check the last year thread, there is still hope - even for internationals.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2013, 09:18
This post received
KUDOS
whathowhatho wrote:
For those R1 who were not yet invited to interview (like me:( - if you check the last year thread, there is still hope - even for internationals.

Love the positivity. Good luck to all those in limbo
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 12

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2013, 09:28
This post received
KUDOS
whathowhatho wrote:

Right on, whathowhatho!
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 14 [1] , given: 4

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2013, 11:39
This post received
KUDOS
PDX105 wrote:
whathowhatho wrote:

Right on, whathowhatho!

Guys,

I hope this would give you some hope, I did get an invite on January, 2nd. Sorry for posting so late, had four deadlines between 2nd and the 9th.

All the best !
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q45 V49
GPA: 3.92
WE: Education (Non-Profit and Government)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2013, 14:10
What constitutes 'complete test scores' on the application? I just saw this when submitting the application, previously I'd only seen it listed that the test can be taken up until the deadline date for the round. I just submitted mine after taking the GMAT yesterday (got a 750!) does this mean that I won't be evaluated until round 3 and pretty much wasted my application fee? Or since it allows you to put for the test date a test up until the deadline for the round, should I be fine without my IR and AWA scores? It'd really make me angry since those two scores really won't impact my application at all.

This is what I'm talking about here from UCLA's admissions site
Within the MBA application, you must report the test date and score you want the Admissions Committee to evaluate.
Applications cannot be reviewed without complete test scores (as self-reported by the candidate or officially by the GMAT office), and applications are only reviewed in the round when scores are received.
The GMAT test date must be between April 1, 2008 and April 30, 2013 for scores to be valid, but not later than the deadline date for the round in which you are applying.
Official GMAT score reports are sent electronically upon your request from Pearson VUE to UCLA Anderson MBA Admissions (with the School Code 2NZ-2F-24). Official scores are required for enrollment but not for applying.
We primarily evaluate your top score, but all scores reported to UCLA Anderson are visible to the Admissions Committee.
No minimum GMAT is required, and the Admissions Committee has the flexibility to consider all scores in the context of your overall academic preparation and management potential.
For further information and testing arrangements, please visit the GMAT website.
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
WE: Other (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 35

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2013, 15:38
Fellow gmatclubbers, urgent favour!

With the clock-ticking towards the end of Round 2 deadline for full-time MBA, I am still still waiting for my AWA and IR scores! I have my GMAT score with the verbal quant breakdown. What do I do?

If I submit with blank AWA and IR scores and provide the scores to UCLA as soon as I get them, then will I still be considered for Round 2?

Eagerly awaiting quick replies!! Thanks...

TH

Give me +1 Kudos if my post helped!

"Follow your passion. Change the world."

Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
WE: Other (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 35

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2013, 15:41
cwary wrote:
What constitutes 'complete test scores' on the application? I just saw this when submitting the application, previously I'd only seen it listed that the test can be taken up until the deadline date for the round. I just submitted mine after taking the GMAT yesterday (got a 750!) does this mean that I won't be evaluated until round 3 and pretty much wasted my application fee? Or since it allows you to put for the test date a test up until the deadline for the round, should I be fine without my IR and AWA scores? It'd really make me angry since those two scores really won't impact my application at all.

This is what I'm talking about here from UCLA's admissions site
Within the MBA application, you must report the test date and score you want the Admissions Committee to evaluate.
Applications cannot be reviewed without complete test scores (as self-reported by the candidate or officially by the GMAT office), and applications are only reviewed in the round when scores are received.
The GMAT test date must be between April 1, 2008 and April 30, 2013 for scores to be valid, but not later than the deadline date for the round in which you are applying.
Official GMAT score reports are sent electronically upon your request from Pearson VUE to UCLA Anderson MBA Admissions (with the School Code 2NZ-2F-24). Official scores are required for enrollment but not for applying.
We primarily evaluate your top score, but all scores reported to UCLA Anderson are visible to the Admissions Committee.
No minimum GMAT is required, and the Admissions Committee has the flexibility to consider all scores in the context of your overall academic preparation and management potential.
For further information and testing arrangements, please visit the GMAT website.

Congrats for your great score! I have the same question..

TH

Give me +1 Kudos if my post helped!

"Follow your passion. Change the world."

Current Student
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Duke '15 (M)
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 5

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2013, 16:05
Just submitted my round 2 app. good luck everyone
CEO
CEO

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2013, 19:09
jumsumtak wrote:
gurpreetsingh wrote:
gurpreetsingh wrote:

Your transcript is a document that you get from your university after you complete the degree. This includes a list of all the courses you took (in each semester) and the corresponding grades. So essentially, your transcript is a single document that is a collection of your gpa cards for each semester.

I'd suggest you drop a note to the admissions, if you are planning to combine your semester cards (and not upload the transcript). You may combine everything in 1 document by using print screen, cutting pictures, adding everything to a word doc, and finally converting it into a pdf.

Thanks the detailed response. I do have transcript but it quite bigger than A4 size and difficult to incorporate. Lets see how it goes.

BTW I hope we just need that one page summary and not the actual degree?

Gmat test review :

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 09 Jan 2013, 19:09