Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Aug 2014, 19:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Dec 2012
Posts: 22
Location: China
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.43
WE: Sales (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2012, 19:18
codytravers wrote:
You should call and ask, but worst case scenario you lose the $1,500 deposit and pick your other choice.


Poor me have just paid a deposit of $3,000 CAD to UT right day before I received the offer from UCLA....
What a life.....
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Jul 2012
Posts: 4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2012, 20:24
dreamchase wrote:
londoncalling1 wrote:
dreamchase wrote:
One of my recommenders tells me today that he has prepared a word document for the reco.
However, when he tries to copy and paste it in the form, the app form does not take it.

It is awkward to ask him to type the whole reco again in the online form. Has anybody else faced the same issue ?


Hi, my recommender had that problem and said the following:

Quote:
BTW, UCLA disables pasting into the form but if you disable javascript paste and re-enable it works fine.
(Just in case this comes up for another referrer)


Thanks londoncalling. How do you disable/enable javascript paste ? Do I need to change the code ?

Also, if UCLA has disabled it intentionally, would it be wise to do so ? Or shall I put this question to the Adcom ?



Hope it helps others, UCLA recommendation copy/paste works on firefox....
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Aug 2010
Posts: 19
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2012, 02:43
thebdouglas wrote:
riksuba10 wrote:
Invited to interview on 19th Dec. It is scheduled in the Jan 7th-11th week. Fingers crossed!
Any tips from accepted folks ? Is it a normal why MBA? Why Now? Why UCLA kind of interview ?


Pretty much, it is a very straightforward interview. It is typically more brief than others, but I felt it was easy to get my enthusiasm across. Just show them you are excited to go to the school and how you can contribute. I got an admit yesterday with a fairly substantial fellowship.
Good Luck!


Thanks !
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 29 Sep 2012
Posts: 76
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.66
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 2

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2012, 08:30
gregmh48 wrote:
Does anyone know how flexible Anderson is with the deadline to accept the offer? It's about two weeks before Round 2 decisions are released for some schools I already applied for so I was wondering if I need to decide before I hear back from them.


They know what they are doing so I doubt they will extend it. I don't know why they would be willing to let you wait and see if you get in somewhere else before giving them an answer.....shows them you are not that serious about them.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Dec 2012
Posts: 12
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing
GPA: 3.94
WE: Operations (Internet and New Media)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2012, 15:55
I applied R1 and have not heard anything... neither rejection nor interview invitation. Anyone else in the same boat?
Marshall Moderator
User avatar
Joined: 03 Nov 2011
Posts: 99
Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.19
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 6

Premium Member
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2012, 16:25
rena2013 wrote:
I applied R1 and have not heard anything... neither rejection nor interview invitation. Anyone else in the same boat?

Same situation here, Rena. Judging by your list of schools, it looks like we're in the same geographical region as well (CA?). How do you feel about a batch of late-breaking, locals-only interview invites? Or even a spot on the dreaded "wait list"? Neither sound too appealing to me...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Dec 2012
Posts: 12
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing
GPA: 3.94
WE: Operations (Internet and New Media)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2012, 16:43
APEX wrote:
rena2013 wrote:
I applied R1 and have not heard anything... neither rejection nor interview invitation. Anyone else in the same boat?

Same situation here, Rena. Judging by your list of schools, it looks like we're in the same geographical region as well (CA?). How do you feel about a batch of late-breaking, locals-only interview invites? Or even a spot on the dreaded "wait list"? Neither sound too appealing to me...


Yep, CA here. I sure hope that's not the logic behind it! Was really hoping to have some of the suspense lifted before the holidays...especially since, according to the stats, some people have already interviewed and been admitted.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 358
Location: United States (WI)
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V50
WE: Research (Other)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 64 [0], given: 35

GMAT Tests User
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2012, 17:27
No interview invite for me either. I think I'm a long shot at this point, but who knows. In a recent e-mail the adcom said they would still send out a few interview invites in January, so some of us may still have a shot.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 26 Jun 2011
Posts: 97
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.66
WE: Consulting (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 7

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2012, 23:06
rjdunn03 wrote:
No interview invite for me either. I think I'm a long shot at this point, but who knows. In a recent e-mail the adcom said they would still send out a few interview invites in January, so some of us may still have a shot.

Same boat.. fingers crossed for January 23rd!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 06 Nov 2012
Posts: 46
GMAT 1: 640 Q V
GPA: 3.82
WE: Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 12

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2012, 08:28
mudit234 wrote:
rjdunn03 wrote:
No interview invite for me either. I think I'm a long shot at this point, but who knows. In a recent e-mail the adcom said they would still send out a few interview invites in January, so some of us may still have a shot.

Same boat.. fingers crossed for January 23rd!


Same here...Hoping for that interview invite sometime in early January (followed by a mad dash down to LA).

Congrats to those already admitted!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 26 Jun 2011
Posts: 97
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.66
WE: Consulting (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 7

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2012, 08:39
Hi all,
When do you guys think we can expect the 2nd batch of results for round 1? Will it be only on the declared date (Jan 23rd) or anytime sooner?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 06 Jun 2011
Posts: 149
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
Schools: Anderson '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 25

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2012, 09:20
Honestly, I bet ucla will try to read all of the applications they can from r2 before making that call, since the majority of applicants usually apply during that time.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 26 Jun 2011
Posts: 97
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.66
WE: Consulting (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 7

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2012, 09:24
codytravers wrote:
Honestly, I bet ucla will try to read all of the applications they can from r2 before making that call, since the majority of applicants usually apply during that time.

Ahh.. (Unfortunately) that makes a lot of sense :(
CEO
CEO
User avatar
Status: Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.
Joined: 12 Oct 2009
Posts: 2793
Location: Malaysia
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 178

Kudos [?]: 925 [0], given: 235

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2012, 19:32
Guys, how do UCLA invite for an interview? I will be away one month after R2 deadline(jan9) for 4 days and wont be able to access my phone, but email.
I will be applying to cornel too in r3 Jan 30.
Travel period - 8 - 12 Feb 2013
_________________

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

Expert Post
VP
VP
avatar
Status: Yale SOM!
Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 1250
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 244

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2012, 20:18
Expert's post
gurpreetsingh wrote:
Guys, how do UCLA invite for an interview? I will be away one month after R2 deadline(jan9) for 4 days and wont be able to access my phone, but email.
I will be applying to cornel too in r3 Jan 30.
Travel period - 8 - 12 Feb 2013


Hi gurpreet,

UCLA will send you an email with information on how to schedule your interview (they just link you to a website and you select the date/time you want). I assume Cornell has a similar process, though you could ask on that thread to confirm. I doubt your few days of travel will be a detriment to your application - not to worry!

Good luck!
_________________

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

CEO
CEO
User avatar
Status: Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.
Joined: 12 Oct 2009
Posts: 2793
Location: Malaysia
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 178

Kudos [?]: 925 [0], given: 235

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2012, 21:27
aerien wrote:

Hi gurpreet,

UCLA will send you an email with information on how to schedule your interview (they just link you to a website and you select the date/time you want). I assume Cornell has a similar process, though you could ask on that thread to confirm. I doubt your few days of travel will be a detriment to your application - not to worry!

Good luck!


Thanks Aerien, that info was handy. any update on ucla admit?
_________________

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

Expert Post
VP
VP
avatar
Status: Yale SOM!
Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 1250
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 244

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2012, 05:40
Expert's post
gurpreetsingh wrote:
aerien wrote:

Hi gurpreet,

UCLA will send you an email with information on how to schedule your interview (they just link you to a website and you select the date/time you want). I assume Cornell has a similar process, though you could ask on that thread to confirm. I doubt your few days of travel will be a detriment to your application - not to worry!

Good luck!


Thanks Aerien, that info was handy. any update on ucla admit?


No word yet ... just waiting!
_________________

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 16 Jul 2011
Posts: 50
Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Dec 2012, 06:13
Congratulations to those admitted and good luck to those waiting.

I am a R2 applicant writing my essays. Although I have discussed the professional clubs that I intend to associate with in the second essay, there is no specific place to write about the community clubs except one place in the application where one is supposed to tick the clubs of interest. Would it be a good idea to write about a couple of clubs in essay one if they are related to the personal achievement?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Posts: 49
GMAT 1: Q V0
GPA: 3.5
WE: Operations (Consumer Products)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 55

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2012, 23:43
rena2013 wrote:
APEX wrote:
rena2013 wrote:
I applied R1 and have not heard anything... neither rejection nor interview invitation. Anyone else in the same boat?

Same situation here, Rena. Judging by your list of schools, it looks like we're in the same geographical region as well (CA?). How do you feel about a batch of late-breaking, locals-only interview invites? Or even a spot on the dreaded "wait list"? Neither sound too appealing to me...


Yep, CA here. I sure hope that's not the logic behind it! Was really hoping to have some of the suspense lifted before the holidays...especially since, according to the stats, some people have already interviewed and been admitted.


Yea CA here too. Interviewed back in November and haven't heard back yet. But it's ok since I lost hope after the interview...it just did not go well, possibly the worst of all 5 that I've done, which is pretty sad considering I went there undergrad and would have liked to go back... :cry:

Congrats to everybody who's made it so far! UCLA is a great place to be (best 4 years of my life) and I've heard so many amazing things from both FT and PT Anderson students.

Everybody else that's still waiting, keep your chin up =]
Expert Post
VP
VP
avatar
Status: Yale SOM!
Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 1250
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 244

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2012, 19:10
Expert's post
Based on last year's thread, looks like those of us who didn't hear back in the December admit group will be in it for the long haul. January 23, you are too far away right now :( I just want to commit to somewhere already!
_________________

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 27 Dec 2012, 19:10
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
73 Experts publish their posts in the topic UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants souvik101990 938 27 Aug 2012, 14:50
1 UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling Admitted Applicants tienvunguyen 12 16 Jan 2013, 09:06
59 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! tim0thy 331 04 Nov 2012, 01:33
Display posts from previous: Sort by

UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  14   15   16   17   18   19   20  ...  47    Next  [ 939 posts ] 

Moderator: DefyingGravity



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.