Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 11:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
CEO
CEO
User avatar
Status: Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.
Joined: 12 Oct 2009
Posts: 2793
Location: Malaysia
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 178

Kudos [?]: 948 [0], given: 235

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 20:29
guys those who have already submitted the apps could you pls guide on how you have uploaded them?
gurpreetsingh wrote:
What exactly we need to upload in transcripts?
Do I need to upload all the semester transcripts or the summary only? because when I try to upload 2 documents it replaces the previous one.

_________________

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Posts: 1092
Followers: 72

Kudos [?]: 443 [0], given: 452

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2013, 07:06
gurpreetsingh wrote:
guys those who have already submitted the apps could you pls guide on how you have uploaded them?
gurpreetsingh wrote:
What exactly we need to upload in transcripts?
Do I need to upload all the semester transcripts or the summary only? because when I try to upload 2 documents it replaces the previous one.


Your transcript is a document that you get from your university after you complete the degree. This includes a list of all the courses you took (in each semester) and the corresponding grades. So essentially, your transcript is a single document that is a collection of your gpa cards for each semester.

I'd suggest you drop a note to the admissions, if you are planning to combine your semester cards (and not upload the transcript). You may combine everything in 1 document by using print screen, cutting pictures, adding everything to a word doc, and finally converting it into a pdf.
_________________

My Debrief | MBA Timeline - New! Stay on top of deadlines, receive recommendations for each stage, get reminders.

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 May 2012
Posts: 18
Location: Germany
GMAT 1: 760 Q V
GPA: 4
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 16

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2013, 09:08
For those R1 who were not yet invited to interview (like me:( - if you check the last year thread, there is still hope - even for internationals.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Dec 2012
Posts: 20
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q45 V49
GPA: 3.92
WE: Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2013, 14:10
What constitutes 'complete test scores' on the application? I just saw this when submitting the application, previously I'd only seen it listed that the test can be taken up until the deadline date for the round. I just submitted mine after taking the GMAT yesterday (got a 750!) does this mean that I won't be evaluated until round 3 and pretty much wasted my application fee? Or since it allows you to put for the test date a test up until the deadline for the round, should I be fine without my IR and AWA scores? It'd really make me angry since those two scores really won't impact my application at all.

This is what I'm talking about here from UCLA's admissions site
Within the MBA application, you must report the test date and score you want the Admissions Committee to evaluate.
Applications cannot be reviewed without complete test scores (as self-reported by the candidate or officially by the GMAT office), and applications are only reviewed in the round when scores are received.
The GMAT test date must be between April 1, 2008 and April 30, 2013 for scores to be valid, but not later than the deadline date for the round in which you are applying.
Official GMAT score reports are sent electronically upon your request from Pearson VUE to UCLA Anderson MBA Admissions (with the School Code 2NZ-2F-24). Official scores are required for enrollment but not for applying.
We primarily evaluate your top score, but all scores reported to UCLA Anderson are visible to the Admissions Committee.
No minimum GMAT is required, and the Admissions Committee has the flexibility to consider all scores in the context of your overall academic preparation and management potential.
For further information and testing arrangements, please visit the GMAT website.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 02 Nov 2012
Posts: 95
Location: India
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
WE: Other (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 35

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2013, 15:38
Fellow gmatclubbers, urgent favour!

With the clock-ticking towards the end of Round 2 deadline for full-time MBA, I am still still waiting for my AWA and IR scores! I have my GMAT score with the verbal quant breakdown. What do I do?

If I submit with blank AWA and IR scores and provide the scores to UCLA as soon as I get them, then will I still be considered for Round 2?

Eagerly awaiting quick replies!! Thanks...
_________________

TH

Give me +1 Kudos if my post helped!

"Follow your passion. Change the world."

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 02 Nov 2012
Posts: 95
Location: India
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
WE: Other (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 35

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2013, 15:41
cwary wrote:
What constitutes 'complete test scores' on the application? I just saw this when submitting the application, previously I'd only seen it listed that the test can be taken up until the deadline date for the round. I just submitted mine after taking the GMAT yesterday (got a 750!) does this mean that I won't be evaluated until round 3 and pretty much wasted my application fee? Or since it allows you to put for the test date a test up until the deadline for the round, should I be fine without my IR and AWA scores? It'd really make me angry since those two scores really won't impact my application at all.

This is what I'm talking about here from UCLA's admissions site
Within the MBA application, you must report the test date and score you want the Admissions Committee to evaluate.
Applications cannot be reviewed without complete test scores (as self-reported by the candidate or officially by the GMAT office), and applications are only reviewed in the round when scores are received.
The GMAT test date must be between April 1, 2008 and April 30, 2013 for scores to be valid, but not later than the deadline date for the round in which you are applying.
Official GMAT score reports are sent electronically upon your request from Pearson VUE to UCLA Anderson MBA Admissions (with the School Code 2NZ-2F-24). Official scores are required for enrollment but not for applying.
We primarily evaluate your top score, but all scores reported to UCLA Anderson are visible to the Admissions Committee.
No minimum GMAT is required, and the Admissions Committee has the flexibility to consider all scores in the context of your overall academic preparation and management potential.
For further information and testing arrangements, please visit the GMAT website.

Congrats for your great score! I have the same question..
_________________

TH

Give me +1 Kudos if my post helped!

"Follow your passion. Change the world."

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 14 Jun 2010
Posts: 83
Location: United States (NY)
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Duke '15 (M)
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 5

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2013, 16:05
Just submitted my round 2 app. good luck everyone
CEO
CEO
User avatar
Status: Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.
Joined: 12 Oct 2009
Posts: 2793
Location: Malaysia
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 178

Kudos [?]: 948 [0], given: 235

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2013, 19:09
jumsumtak wrote:
gurpreetsingh wrote:
guys those who have already submitted the apps could you pls guide on how you have uploaded them?
gurpreetsingh wrote:
What exactly we need to upload in transcripts?
Do I need to upload all the semester transcripts or the summary only? because when I try to upload 2 documents it replaces the previous one.


Your transcript is a document that you get from your university after you complete the degree. This includes a list of all the courses you took (in each semester) and the corresponding grades. So essentially, your transcript is a single document that is a collection of your gpa cards for each semester.

I'd suggest you drop a note to the admissions, if you are planning to combine your semester cards (and not upload the transcript). You may combine everything in 1 document by using print screen, cutting pictures, adding everything to a word doc, and finally converting it into a pdf.


Thanks the detailed response. I do have transcript but it quite bigger than A4 size and difficult to incorporate. Lets see how it goes.

BTW I hope we just need that one page summary and not the actual degree?
_________________

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

CEO
CEO
User avatar
Status: Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.
Joined: 12 Oct 2009
Posts: 2793
Location: Malaysia
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 178

Kudos [?]: 948 [0], given: 235

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2013, 19:36
Do international candidates need to send proof of medium of instruction for the undergrad school?
_________________

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

CEO
CEO
User avatar
Status: Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.
Joined: 12 Oct 2009
Posts: 2793
Location: Malaysia
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 178

Kudos [?]: 948 [0], given: 235

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2013, 22:06
*********** Application Submitted ************

it was a virgin experience and quite difficult one. People say do not apply first to your dream school but I have put all my energy into my dream school. Lets see how it goes. Good luck every one and hope to get into UCLA !!
_________________

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 05 Jul 2011
Posts: 316
Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 620 Q39 V35
GMAT 2: 620 Q43 V33
GMAT 3: 730 Q50 V40
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 66 [0], given: 3

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2013, 23:58
cwary wrote:
What constitutes 'complete test scores' on the application? I just saw this when submitting the application, previously I'd only seen it listed that the test can be taken up until the deadline date for the round. I just submitted mine after taking the GMAT yesterday (got a 750!) does this mean that I won't be evaluated until round 3 and pretty much wasted my application fee? Or since it allows you to put for the test date a test up until the deadline for the round, should I be fine without my IR and AWA scores? It'd really make me angry since those two scores really won't impact my application at all.

This is what I'm talking about here from UCLA's admissions site
Within the MBA application, you must report the test date and score you want the Admissions Committee to evaluate.
Applications cannot be reviewed without complete test scores (as self-reported by the candidate or officially by the GMAT office), and applications are only reviewed in the round when scores are received.
The GMAT test date must be between April 1, 2008 and April 30, 2013 for scores to be valid, but not later than the deadline date for the round in which you are applying.
Official GMAT score reports are sent electronically upon your request from Pearson VUE to UCLA Anderson MBA Admissions (with the School Code 2NZ-2F-24). Official scores are required for enrollment but not for applying.
We primarily evaluate your top score, but all scores reported to UCLA Anderson are visible to the Admissions Committee.
No minimum GMAT is required, and the Admissions Committee has the flexibility to consider all scores in the context of your overall academic preparation and management potential.
For further information and testing arrangements, please visit the GMAT website.


As long as you took the test before the deadline, you should be good.
The official scores from GMAC are matched later with the date you specify for the GMAT in your application
_________________

My GMAT Debrief : http://gmatclub.com/forum/third-time-s-a-charm-142800.html#p1145912
Quant Concept Videos : http://gmatlife.blogspot.com/2012/07/gm ... ideos.html
My GMAT Blog : http://gmatlife.blogspot.com/

CEO
CEO
User avatar
Status: Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.
Joined: 12 Oct 2009
Posts: 2793
Location: Malaysia
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 178

Kudos [?]: 948 [0], given: 235

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 00:09
B schools might think contrary to my thoughts but they should ask for official Gmat submission only if the user has been offered the place. In case of discrepancy the school should have right to take back the offer.

They have done same for the transcripts, so why not for official score submission. At least we can save 28 $ per school .....
_________________

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 12 Nov 2012
Posts: 11
GMAT 1: 670 Q43 V39
GMAT 2: 700 Q45 V40
GPA: 3.4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 7

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 01:23
Hmm, one of my R2 recommenders sent in his submission about one hour after deadline due to internet difficulties. Should I contact admissions and give them a heads up with an explanation? Or am I thinking too much into this.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 16 Jul 2011
Posts: 50
Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 01:25
buzzworthy wrote:
Hmm, one of my R2 recommenders sent in his submission about one hour after deadline due to internet difficulties. Should I contact admissions and give them a heads up with an explanation? Or am I thinking too much into this.


My second recommendation was submitted before midnight LA time...however the application shows the date of submission as 10/1/13. I am also wondering if I should send an email to the Adcom.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Posts: 47
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 04:57
I think I made a serious mess in my essays. UCLA mentions essays should be double spaced. I made the mistake of keeping them 1.5 spaced. What are the possible consequences? I am freaking out. Had put in a lot effort for this one!!!!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 12 Nov 2012
Posts: 11
GMAT 1: 670 Q43 V39
GMAT 2: 700 Q45 V40
GPA: 3.4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 7

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 05:49
aerien wrote:
Everyone, relax!!! Your apps are submitted. There's nothing you can do about it now.

Please do not contact admissions to explain why a rec was 1 hour late -- it's fine. It happens all the time. Your app will still be a part of r2. Don't contact admissions about line spacing - in the grand scheme of things, that's a really minor error. Breathe.

Posted from my mobile device Image


Thanks aerien 8-)
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 06 Jun 2011
Posts: 149
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
Schools: Anderson '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 25

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 13:15
Good luck to everyone who is still awaiting their R1 decision and to those who applied in R2.

After dealing with work burnout and the dreary weather here for the past few days, the beautiful UCLA campus, smart but laid back students at Anderson, hot girls, nice weather, and beautiful beaches in West LA sound awesome to me right now.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 05 Jul 2011
Posts: 316
Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 620 Q39 V35
GMAT 2: 620 Q43 V33
GMAT 3: 730 Q50 V40
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 66 [0], given: 3

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 16:52
lapras wrote:
I think I made a serious mess in my essays. UCLA mentions essays should be double spaced. I made the mistake of keeping them 1.5 spaced. What are the possible consequences? I am freaking out. Had put in a lot effort for this one!!!!


Damn..same here. Aargh..how did I miss the double spaced thing :(
_________________

My GMAT Debrief : http://gmatclub.com/forum/third-time-s-a-charm-142800.html#p1145912
Quant Concept Videos : http://gmatlife.blogspot.com/2012/07/gm ... ideos.html
My GMAT Blog : http://gmatlife.blogspot.com/

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 04 Dec 2012
Posts: 12
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.26
WE: Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 18:33
Zynga wrote:
lapras wrote:
I think I made a serious mess in my essays. UCLA mentions essays should be double spaced. I made the mistake of keeping them 1.5 spaced. What are the possible consequences? I am freaking out. Had put in a lot effort for this one!!!!


Damn..same here. Aargh..how did I miss the double spaced thing :(


shoot.. i made the same mistake too... ugh :(
CEO
CEO
User avatar
Status: Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.
Joined: 12 Oct 2009
Posts: 2793
Location: Malaysia
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 178

Kudos [?]: 948 [0], given: 235

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 18:39
lapras wrote:
I think I made a serious mess in my essays. UCLA mentions essays should be double spaced. I made the mistake of keeping them 1.5 spaced. What are the possible consequences? I am freaking out. Had put in a lot effort for this one!!!!


If I were the adcom and had seen your reply, I would have dinged you right away. Do not worry about the things that are not in our control anymore.

there is not much difference between 1.5 and 2. UCLA had specifically mentioned 2, but 1.5 won't be the break or make factor. Your freaking out could be. Now since we can not change anything, just take a lesson and move ahead. Every one is bound to make mistakes and learning is not to repeat them and excel henceforth.

My :P harsh words were just to pump you up. Dont feel bad and just relax. Enjoy the waiting time.
_________________

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 10 Jan 2013, 18:39
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
73 Experts publish their posts in the topic UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants souvik101990 938 27 Aug 2012, 14:50
1 UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling Admitted Applicants tienvunguyen 12 16 Jan 2013, 09:06
59 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! tim0thy 331 04 Nov 2012, 01:33
Display posts from previous: Sort by

UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  16   17   18   19   20   21   22  ...  47    Next  [ 939 posts ] 

Moderator: DefyingGravity



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.