Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 23:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 29 Sep 2012
Posts: 76
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.66
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 2

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2013, 21:07
APEX wrote:
leodondon wrote:
rjdunn03 wrote:
Oh my gosh I just got an invite to interview!! I applied round 1 and this whole time I've been thinking I was rejected since I never got an interview and then this morning I got waitlisted, and now I just got invited to interview a few minutes ago! Wow this is a great surprise. I'm stunned


Same here....I'm an international. Hope it's not a system bug....

Same situation here. Waitlisted early this morning (12:01 AM PST) then received an interview invite in the late morning (11:18AM PST). Does this make us 1.5 rounders??

Time to start researching Anderson interview questions...


I would assume you were waitlisted then interviewed because you had not been interviewed prior to the waitlist. It is a way of getting everybody on the same level. Berkeley offers everyone who hadn't been interviewed, but was added to the waitlist, the opportunity to interview as well. Good luck either way.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 17 Nov 2011
Posts: 75
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 19

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2013, 21:14
aerien wrote:
Results are up, and I'm finally IN!!!


Congrats! You're on a roll!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 358
Location: United States (WI)
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V50
WE: Research (Other)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 58 [0], given: 35

GMAT Tests User
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2013, 06:33
Interesting. So did everyone who was waitlisted get invited to interview? I know last year they sent out interview invites periodically to waitlisted applicants, but maybe they changed things so all waitlisted applicants get interviews automatically.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 24 Jul 2012
Posts: 61
WE: Consulting (Telecommunications)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2013, 06:38
I am on the wait-list. I was interviewed in December. I don't think they would interview me again. I wish they could.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 358
Location: United States (WI)
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V50
WE: Research (Other)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 58 [0], given: 35

GMAT Tests User
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2013, 07:09
Did it not go well or something?

I wonder if everyone who was waitlisted without an interview was then invited to interview
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 24 Jul 2012
Posts: 61
WE: Consulting (Telecommunications)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2013, 07:14
rjdunn03 wrote:
Did it not go well or something?

I wonder if everyone who was waitlisted without an interview was then invited to interview


I feel I could have done better. Could have briefed more on my profile. Is everyone else on the wait-list belong to the group that wasn't interviewed earlier?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Jan 2013
Posts: 13
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2013, 08:01
LN03FZL wrote:
rjdunn03 wrote:
Did it not go well or something?

I wonder if everyone who was waitlisted without an interview was then invited to interview


I feel I could have done better. Could have briefed more on my profile. Is everyone else on the wait-list belong to the group that wasn't interviewed earlier?


I interviewed but was wait listed. Not sure if that's better or worse. Interviewed in November I believe (would have to check) but I am also located in southern California so came on campus. I felt my interview went very well actually. I feel my numbers could of kept me from an acceptance but who knows (well the admissions committee does). Anyway, will be waiting for Marshall's decision next week (fingers crossed)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 25
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2013, 08:13
C5z06 wrote:
LN03FZL wrote:
rjdunn03 wrote:
Did it not go well or something?

I wonder if everyone who was waitlisted without an interview was then invited to interview


I feel I could have done better. Could have briefed more on my profile. Is everyone else on the wait-list belong to the group that wasn't interviewed earlier?


I interviewed but was wait listed. Not sure if that's better or worse. Interviewed in November I believe (would have to check) but I am also located in southern California so came on campus. I felt my interview went very well actually. I feel my numbers could of kept me from an acceptance but who knows (well the admissions committee does). Anyway, will be waiting for Marshall's decision next week (fingers crossed)


No interview invite until a few hours after I got wait listed. Seems like that's the overriding theme. Any advice on what I can do beyond knocking the ball out of the park on the interview?
VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Posts: 1083
Followers: 69

Kudos [?]: 435 [0], given: 448

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2013, 08:48
dreamchase wrote:
jumsumtak wrote:
dreamchase wrote:
Ding. This is unbelievable.


I was rooting for you. Sorry for that.

But, Darden is a great admit in my opinion and there are still a few left. Any which ways, you have a very safe net.


Thanks man.

Yes, Darden would have taken preference wrt my post MBA goals too. Nonetheless, every reject hurts.

You're not shooting for class of 15, I guess, are you ?


not anymore :)

I'll apply for 14-16.
_________________

My Debrief | MBA Timeline - New! Stay on top of deadlines, receive recommendations for each stage, get reminders.

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Dec 2012
Posts: 12
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing
GPA: 3.94
WE: Operations (Internet and New Media)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2013, 09:41
rjdunn03 wrote:
No interview invite until a few hours after I got wait listed. Seems like that's the overriding theme. Any advice on what I can do beyond knocking the ball out of the park on the interview?


Same here. Got the wait-list notification yesterday and then a little while later the interview invitation arrived. Do you think the interview will actually help someone get off the wait-list, or is it just a formality? I'm considering whether to just do the Skype interview if my changes are slim-to-none anyway.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 19 Jan 2013
Posts: 71
Location: Canada
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE: Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 3

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2013, 09:43
gurpreetsingh wrote:
I think no international applicant has reported the interview invite for R2 so far. May be Adcoms are still busy finalizing the domestic ones.


No my husband's been invited to interview, and we are based in Canada.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 06 Jun 2011
Posts: 149
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
Schools: Anderson '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 25

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2013, 09:48
rena2013 wrote:
rjdunn03 wrote:
No interview invite until a few hours after I got wait listed. Seems like that's the overriding theme. Any advice on what I can do beyond knocking the ball out of the park on the interview?


Same here. Got the wait-list notification yesterday and then a little while later the interview invitation arrived. Do you think the interview will actually help someone get off the wait-list, or is it just a formality? I'm considering whether to just do the Skype interview if my changes are slim-to-none anyway.


If it was a formality, they'd just have dinged you instead. You obviously have something they like, and the interview could really pull things together. Going to campus and interviewing/visiting a class could really help your chances and set you apart.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 06 Nov 2012
Posts: 46
GMAT 1: 640 Q V
GPA: 3.82
WE: Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 12

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2013, 13:13
First ding of the season :( Congrats to all of those who were admitted and to those on the wait list, hang tough.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Jan 2013
Posts: 19
Location: United States
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
Schools: Oxford (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.53
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 16

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2013, 15:04
Submitted the R2 application at around 11pm PST on the deadline date (1/9) - received an interview invite email on 1/22. Scheduled a class visit & interview for 2/6 - excited!

I come from a non-traditional background and do not know many folks going through the b-school app process, so the invite has definitely restored my confidence in my profile. I applied to 6 schools in R2, though 2 are a complete reach/pipe dream. This is the first one I have heard anything from, so I'm pumped!

Short bio:
SoCal native, undergrad @ UCSD (3.5ish gpa), 700 gmat, 3.5 years of non-profit WE (progressive responsibilities), little to no EC's (father was sick & died while I was in college, plus I already work in the social sector). 27 y/o white male (28 at matriculation)
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 05 Jul 2011
Posts: 316
Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 620 Q39 V35
GMAT 2: 620 Q43 V33
GMAT 3: 730 Q50 V40
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 63 [2] , given: 3

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2013, 15:32
2
This post received
KUDOS
R2 interviews going out already ! Image
_________________

My GMAT Debrief : http://gmatclub.com/forum/third-time-s-a-charm-142800.html#p1145912
Quant Concept Videos : http://gmatlife.blogspot.com/2012/07/gm ... ideos.html
My GMAT Blog : http://gmatlife.blogspot.com/

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Oct 2012
Posts: 25
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2013, 17:04
Congrats SocialImpact! Are you sitting in on the VC/PE class on Feb 6th? If so, I'll see you there! I'm also taking the campus tour that day and interviewing the following day
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
User avatar
Joined: 20 Apr 2003
Posts: 4769
Location: Los Angeles CA
Followers: 38

Kudos [?]: 318 [0], given: 64

GMAT Tests User
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2013, 18:16
Expert's post
codytravers wrote:
rena2013 wrote:
rjdunn03 wrote:
No interview invite until a few hours after I got wait listed. Seems like that's the overriding theme. Any advice on what I can do beyond knocking the ball out of the park on the interview?


Same here. Got the wait-list notification yesterday and then a little while later the interview invitation arrived. Do you think the interview will actually help someone get off the wait-list, or is it just a formality? I'm considering whether to just do the Skype interview if my changes are slim-to-none anyway.


If it was a formality, they'd just have dinged you instead. You obviously have something they like, and the interview could really pull things together. Going to campus and interviewing/visiting a class could really help your chances and set you apart.


I agree.
_________________

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

CEO
CEO
User avatar
Status: Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.
Joined: 12 Oct 2009
Posts: 2793
Location: Malaysia
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 175

Kudos [?]: 893 [0], given: 235

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2013, 18:18
Any international applicant of R2 got interview invite?
_________________

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Jan 2013
Posts: 19
Location: United States
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
Schools: Oxford (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.53
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 16

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2013, 23:41
@Jon757 I'm actually signed up for the "Special Topics in Management" class from 9:45-11:15am on Feb. 6th. My interview is at 4:30pm, so I will have plenty of time to peek around the campus and maybe talk with a few people. I'm driving up from San Diego in the morning, so it's going to be a long day!

Anyways, PM me if you care to meet up for lunch or to chat on the 6th!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 04 Dec 2012
Posts: 12
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.26
WE: Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2013, 19:10
just received an interview invite from Anderson. bay area applicant here... :)
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 25 Jan 2013, 19:10
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
73 Experts publish their posts in the topic UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants souvik101990 938 27 Aug 2012, 14:50
1 UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling Admitted Applicants tienvunguyen 12 16 Jan 2013, 09:06
59 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! tim0thy 331 04 Nov 2012, 01:33
Display posts from previous: Sort by

UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26  ...  47    Next  [ 939 posts ] 

Moderator: DefyingGravity



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.