Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 04:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Booth '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 10

Premium Member
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2013, 09:14
i interviewed and received the email just as an fyi for everyone keeping track of those things :) best of luck!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V39
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2013, 09:19
gurpreetsingh wrote:
tobud wrote:
I get the feeling that it means that we might get an interview if the R3 applicants aren't very good and not enough people from the first two rounds accept their offers. I think we're facing long odds.

Posted from my mobile device Image

but now the question is that have we all received the email or only few lucky ones!! :P

I think they sent it to all R2 applicants who still haven't received invitations or even all R2 applicants including interviewed ones. Or maybe they are tired of millions of letters asking about what's going on now, then sent the mail to all applicants to stop the mounts of asking email.
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 650 Q46 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 11

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2013, 13:09
I got the same email. Similar thing had happened with another school, within moments of which I received an interview invite. But nothing of that sort happened with UCLA :?

Oh well! :roll:
Marshall Moderator
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.19
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 6

Premium Member
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2013, 15:06
C5z06 wrote:
APEX wrote:
C5z06 wrote:
Interviewed before wait listed. We Probably won't hear back till April so there will be plenty of time to get all those thousands in other deposits in before we hear anything! Haha wait list is rough.

Yep. Looks like we might be cutting checks to Marshall in a couple of weeks...

Seriously, 2500 is quite a chunk of change too. Curious, isn't Marshall supposed to be the better program for entrepreneurship? Assuming you would continue in that field and got into Anderson AND those were the 2 schools you were deciding between, do you know which you would choose?

That's the million dollar question. Marshall is ranked higher in Entrepreneurship but Anderson is ranked higher overall. However, these disparities aren't as apparent after meeting with students/professors and visiting each campus multiple times... Both seem great. I was planning on starting a separate thread on this topic and get everyone's thoughts.
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.66

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 2

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2013, 17:27
APEX wrote:
C5z06 wrote:
APEX wrote:
Yep. Looks like we might be cutting checks to Marshall in a couple of weeks...

Seriously, 2500 is quite a chunk of change too. Curious, isn't Marshall supposed to be the better program for entrepreneurship? Assuming you would continue in that field and got into Anderson AND those were the 2 schools you were deciding between, do you know which you would choose?

That's the million dollar question. Marshall is ranked higher in Entrepreneurship but Anderson is ranked higher overall. However, these disparities aren't as apparent after meeting with students/professors and visiting each campus multiple times... Both seem great. I was planning on starting a separate thread on this topic and get everyone's thoughts.

Rankings don't mean as much as you may think they do; however, if you are looking at anything other than entrepreneurship then job placement/career prospects matter. Below is an article that mentions the Marshall debacle that happened recently.
In my eyes Marshall does not carry the credibility that Anderson does (their reputation just does not seem to be on par with Anderson’s), and thus hits career prospects. Another thing that turned me off of Marshall was the building and their facilities. Relative to the Anderson campus, Marshall just seems to be a dump. If I am shelling out this kind of money and spending 2 years at a place, I want to look forward to going to class. These are just my opinions and there was plenty more that went into my decision, but I love California and would like to end up out there so I looked into most of the programs in the state and simply came to the conclusion that Marshall was far from the caliber program that Anderson is. (just like I see Stanford as far and away better than Anderson) But it all depends on the person and what you are looking for.

http://poetsandquants.com/2012/11/04/ho ... ob-offers/
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 05:00
Apex - looking at previous threads, were the R1 waitlisters that did hear back 2-3 weeks after interviewing mostly dings, admits or staying on the waitlist? I'd imagine they wait till the R2 deadline to reject or keep on the WL. I interviewed on the 4th, just trying to limit how often i refresh my email/check my phone/check my status.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 10:22
I also got the email from Anderson this weekend and then checked my app status and my reviewers are gone. Hopefully this is a good sign! I interviewed on 2/4 and am waiting anxiously to hear back.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 10:26
mrmeh wrote:
I also got the email from Anderson this weekend and then checked my app status and my reviewers are gone. Hopefully this is a good sign! I interviewed on 2/4 and am waiting anxiously to hear back.

Hmm my interviewers are gone as well
Marshall Moderator
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.19
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 6

Premium Member
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 10:30
thebdouglas wrote:
Rankings don't mean as much as you may think they do; however, if you are looking at anything other than entrepreneurship then job placement/career prospects matter. Below is an article that mentions the Marshall debacle that happened recently.
In my eyes Marshall does not carry the credibility that Anderson does (their reputation just does not seem to be on par with Anderson’s), and thus hits career prospects. Another thing that turned me off of Marshall was the building and their facilities. Relative to the Anderson campus, Marshall just seems to be a dump. If I am shelling out this kind of money and spending 2 years at a place, I want to look forward to going to class. These are just my opinions and there was plenty more that went into my decision, but I love California and would like to end up out there so I looked into most of the programs in the state and simply came to the conclusion that Marshall was far from the caliber program that Anderson is. (just like I see Stanford as far and away better than Anderson) But it all depends on the person and what you are looking for.

http://poetsandquants.com/2012/11/04/ho ... ob-offers/

Excellent insight, Douglas. Thanks for the input.

I have created a separate thread on this topic for us and others to further discuss: ucla-anderson-vs-usc-marshall-147910.html#p1187101

mm2000 wrote:
Apex - looking at previous threads, were the R1 waitlisters that did hear back 2-3 weeks after interviewing mostly dings, admits or staying on the waitlist? I'd imagine they wait till the R2 deadline to reject or keep on the WL. I interviewed on the 4th, just trying to limit how often i refresh my email/check my phone/check my status.

You are correct, mm2000. It looks like the waitlisters in previous threads who had decisions rendered 2-3 weeks after their interview were admitted. Others were notified on the next round's decision date. However, I highly doubt this is a steadfast rule so we'll see how the waitlist is handled this year.
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.6

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 2

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 10:49
jon757 wrote:
mrmeh wrote:

Same here - fingers crossed...
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
Schools: Anderson '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 25

Reviews Badge
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 10:58
Good luck to you guys. Knock on wood, I think the interviewers disappearing is a good sign since it was for me. If you get in congrats and I hope to see you guys at one of the admit events.
Manager
Manager

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 15:47
Where do you see "reviewers are gone" or "interviewers are gone" in your application status? Mine is SUBMITTED from the date I submitted, then interviewed on Campus, till now. It stays the same. Please lemme know where you guys see the change. Omgggg.

dman25 wrote:
jon757 wrote:
mrmeh wrote:

Manager
Manager

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 15:59
Wait for reply online. I am anxious now. Where do you guys see the change? I am freaking out now...

dman25 wrote:
jon757 wrote:
mrmeh wrote:

[/quote]
Intern
Intern

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 16:01
Right below where it says application submitted, it lists both reveiwers names and when they were recieved. Now those reveiwers names have disappeared, it just shows that the app was submitted.
Current Student
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
Schools: Oxford (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.53
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 16

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 16:20
Does anyone have any info on the recommenders disappearing as it relates to admits/dings, other than anecdotal evidence?

Has everybody who was admitted noticed this before they received their admit? Is there any correlation between timing of interview & the recs disappearing? I.e. is it a bad sign if the recs are still showing up and it has been several weeks since the interview, considering a round of admits already went out for R2?

I would think ucla would change their procedures if applicants are able to figure out their status before notification, but maybe I'm giving them too much credit?

Bottom line: I interviewed 2/6 and haven't heard anything, and my recs are still listed. Should I be worried?

Thanks!
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GMAT 2: Q V
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 4

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 16:27
If I've learned anything from the application process it's to not over analyze everything. That just leads to unnecessary worrying. Everything will happen in due time, so I think it's best to just wait and actually do stuff to take your mind off the waiting.

For reference, I interviewed recently and my application status still shows submitted with my recommenders there as well.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Duke '15 (M)
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 5

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 16:52
I randomly checked my application page a day or two prior to receiving my admit call and my recommender names had disappeared. Every other time before that they were displayed.

Manager
Manager

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 17:16
Do you ever received Email says interviewers submitted report after your interview?
Because after I interviewed on 14th Feb, I didn't receive any Email saying interviewer submitted report. And I check my Application, there is no Interviewer name or reports at all. I am not sure even my interviewer's report has been reviewed yet...

Please help!!!

ctgmat123 wrote:
I randomly checked my application page a day or two prior to receiving my admit call and my recommender names had disappeared. Every other time before that they were displayed.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 17:35
wpye86 wrote:
Do you ever received Email says interviewers submitted report after your interview?
Because after I interviewed on 14th Feb, I didn't receive any Email saying interviewer submitted report. And I check my Application, there is no Interviewer name or reports at all. I am not sure even my interviewer's report has been reviewed yet...

Please help!!!

ctgmat123 wrote:

Posted from my mobile device

I wouldn't worry. I never got any notification saying my interviewers report was submitted, and you interviewed fairly recently so I'm sure they have the report and are reviewing your application. There is still plenty of time and all we can do is wait patiently. Good luck!
Current Student
Concentration: Sustainability, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.02
WE: Engineering (Consulting)

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 05:04
for those of you whose recommenders names disappeared, when did you interview?

I interviewed on 2/19 and my recommenders names are still there. =(

Thanks!
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 26 Feb 2013, 05:04