Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Apr 2014, 23:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

UCLA FEMBA 2012 Candidate evaluation

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
Joined: 18 Sep 2011
Posts: 24
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

UCLA FEMBA 2012 Candidate evaluation [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2011, 10:24
Please evaluate my candidate profile.
I am primarily interested in the FEMBA program at UCLA starting 2012. I am 33 years old, Indian citizen on H-1 Visa.
I hold two Masters of Science degrees from University of New Mexico,USA in the areas of Optical Sciences & Engineering,Electrical Engineering(2005,2002, GPA 3.4,3.2), Bachelors of Engineering(Electrical & Electronics Engineering) from University of Madras,India(1999, 76%). I have 6 years work experience, 4 years in a start-up IT consulting firm , I am currently working for a Fortune 500 company in the Los Angeles area (since 2/2010) in IT. Total work experience is 6 years ,all non-managerial.yet to take GMAT
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
MBA Admissions Consulting
Joined: 23 Dec 2010
Posts: 668
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: UCLA FEMBA 2012 Candidate evaluation [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2011, 15:38
Expert's post
derekjbj wrote:
Please evaluate my candidate profile.
I am primarily interested in the FEMBA program at UCLA starting 2012. I am 33 years old, Indian citizen on H-1 Visa.
I hold two Masters of Science degrees from University of New Mexico,USA in the areas of Optical Sciences & Engineering,Electrical Engineering(2005,2002, GPA 3.4,3.2), Bachelors of Engineering(Electrical & Electronics Engineering) from University of Madras,India(1999, 76%). I have 6 years work experience, 4 years in a start-up IT consulting firm , I am currently working for a Fortune 500 company in the Los Angeles area (since 2/2010) in IT. Total work experience is 6 years ,all non-managerial.yet to take GMAT

FEMBA is a highly competitive program to earn a spot in. Since you don't hold a managerial position, I recommend highlighting ways in which you have shaped your teams and organizations despite lacking that title. I also recommend scoring at least in the high 600s on the GMAT. Since you are slightly older than the average accepted student (around age 30), you will need to demonstrate an ability to fit into a group socially as well. The first interview date is October 29th - go ahead and contact them to take part so that you can impress them with your personality and experiences. Starting the process early is a big contributor to success rates!
_________________

Regards,
Jennifer Bloom, CPRW
jbloom@accepted.com
310-815-9553

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Intern
Intern
Joined: 27 Dec 2011
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: UCLA FEMBA 2012 Candidate evaluation [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2011, 13:00
Hi Jennifer,
I have somewhat similar profile. I am also 33 years Indian male and have recently acquired permanent residency status. Due to the requirements of the Green Card application, I could not accept any direct managerial position so far in my career, but have demonstrated leadership positions that had similar job responsibilities. Scored 690 in GMAT, have a Bachelor of Engineering degree (1999 first class >60% from India), and a Masters degree in Communication Engineering (2001) from Indian Institute of Technology (6.74 CGPA ~ first class). Total WE is 10 years mostly around Fortune 500 clients. Currently working in LA and targeting for FEMBA 2012 R2 admission cycle in UCLA. I am an active member of an Immigration non-profit organization that champions for Employment based High Skilled immigration in USA. I've done lobbying in DC couple of times, as well as at Senator and Representative Offices in So Cal region. I also have coordinated some advocacy events etc.

Can you please advise on my chances in FEMBA for UCLA or for part time mba in USC? Thanks, much appreciated :)
1 KUDOS received
MBA Admissions Consulting
Joined: 23 Dec 2010
Posts: 668
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: UCLA FEMBA 2012 Candidate evaluation [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2011, 01:08
1
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
pgoel wrote:
Hi Jennifer,
I have somewhat similar profile. I am also 33 years Indian male and have recently acquired permanent residency status. Due to the requirements of the Green Card application, I could not accept any direct managerial position so far in my career, but have demonstrated leadership positions that had similar job responsibilities. Scored 690 in GMAT, have a Bachelor of Engineering degree (1999 first class >60% from India), and a Masters degree in Communication Engineering (2001) from Indian Institute of Technology (6.74 CGPA ~ first class). Total WE is 10 years mostly around Fortune 500 clients. Currently working in LA and targeting for FEMBA 2012 R2 admission cycle in UCLA. I am an active member of an Immigration non-profit organization that champions for Employment based High Skilled immigration in USA. I've done lobbying in DC couple of times, as well as at Senator and Representative Offices in So Cal region. I also have coordinated some advocacy events etc.

Can you please advise on my chances in FEMBA for UCLA or for part time mba in USC? Thanks, much appreciated :)

You are a little older than the average in these programs, but your GMAT will help you with USC (it's only on par with FEMBA). You might want to look into Wharton West's EMBA in San Francisco as well (you can wait and see how these applications go this year and leave open the possibility of applying to UCLA and USC's EMBAs next year).
_________________

Regards,
Jennifer Bloom, CPRW
jbloom@accepted.com
310-815-9553

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Intern
Intern
Joined: 27 Dec 2011
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: UCLA FEMBA 2012 Candidate evaluation [#permalink] New post 29 Dec 2011, 06:35
jenniferbloom wrote:
pgoel wrote:
Hi Jennifer,
I have somewhat similar profile. I am also 33 years Indian male and have recently acquired permanent residency status. Due to the requirements of the Green Card application, I could not accept any direct managerial position so far in my career, but have demonstrated leadership positions that had similar job responsibilities. Scored 690 in GMAT, have a Bachelor of Engineering degree (1999 first class >60% from India), and a Masters degree in Communication Engineering (2001) from Indian Institute of Technology (6.74 CGPA ~ first class). Total WE is 10 years mostly around Fortune 500 clients. Currently working in LA and targeting for FEMBA 2012 R2 admission cycle in UCLA. I am an active member of an Immigration non-profit organization that champions for Employment based High Skilled immigration in USA. I've done lobbying in DC couple of times, as well as at Senator and Representative Offices in So Cal region. I also have coordinated some advocacy events etc.

Can you please advise on my chances in FEMBA for UCLA or for part time mba in USC? Thanks, much appreciated :)

You are a little older than the average in these programs, but your GMAT will help you with USC (it's only on par with FEMBA). You might want to look into Wharton West's EMBA in San Francisco as well (you can wait and see how these applications go this year and leave open the possibility of applying to UCLA and USC's EMBAs next year).


Thank you!
MBA Admissions Consulting
Joined: 23 Dec 2010
Posts: 668
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: UCLA FEMBA 2012 Candidate evaluation [#permalink] New post 29 Dec 2011, 13:14
Expert's post
You're welcome.
_________________

Regards,
Jennifer Bloom, CPRW
jbloom@accepted.com
310-815-9553

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
New posts UCLA FEMBA 2012 Candidate evaluation derekjbj 0 19 Sep 2011, 10:17
New posts UCLA FEMBA 2012 Candidate evaluation derekjbj 0 19 Sep 2011, 10:18
New posts Experts publish their posts in the topic UCLA FEMBA 2012 Candidate evaluation derekjbj 1 19 Sep 2011, 10:18
New posts Experts publish their posts in the topic UCLA FEMBA 2012 Candidate evaluation derekjbj 3 19 Sep 2011, 10:21
New posts Experts publish their posts in the topic UCLA FEMBA 2012 Candidate evaluation derekjbj 3 19 Sep 2011, 10:23
Display posts from previous: Sort by

UCLA FEMBA 2012 Candidate evaluation

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.