Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 19:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

UCLA FEMBA

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: UCLA FEMBA [#permalink] New post 06 May 2010, 15:12
Hi Go Bruins,

When did you submit your complete application to UCLA FEMBA? and how long did it take for you get the result? Thanks.
Current Student
Schools: Ross 2012
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 20

GMAT Tests User
Re: UCLA FEMBA [#permalink] New post 06 May 2010, 15:16
nicky2010 wrote:
Hi Go Bruins,

When did you submit your complete application to UCLA FEMBA? and how long did it take for you get the result? Thanks.

I submitted it the day it was due and got a call like 2 weeks ago. I was one of the first on the board to get notified I think.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: UCLA FEMBA [#permalink] New post 07 May 2010, 10:31
myucladream wrote:
Anyone has any clue, when the next round of admission calls will happen. Twice it has happened when admissions office said one thing and did another.

1. There will be no third round and second round deadline was initially march 3.
Later they added a final round and extended the deadline for R2 too.
2. All results will be posted in June.
Some people got admission calls in April.

Does anyone see issue with this?

I think there was a change in plans after there was a tremendous dropoff in the number of applications in R1 and R2. What I hear (either from facebook or twitter) is that the number of applications has recovered very quickly in the extended R2. The last two open houses had a huge turnout (200+).

I am glad they effectively reintroduced rolling admissions. I know I would have attended a different program if I had to wait until June for a decision.

I would much prefer they go with the previous setup of 3 rounds with rolling admissions.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: UCLA FEMBA [#permalink] New post 07 May 2010, 10:53
I'd prefer they just let me pay my $100k up front and let me in...it'd be just as fair a process as it is now.

Where on Facebook have you seen that apps have increased in the extended period? Are you in the 2013 FEMBA group page? Additionally, I don't think Dylan has said anything to revealing in his twitter posts about it. He just mentioned the attendance and that 2013 will be great...pretty generic posts.

Last edited by phoich55 on 07 May 2010, 10:58, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: UCLA FEMBA [#permalink] New post 07 May 2010, 10:56
phoich55 wrote:
I'd prefer they just let me pay my $100k up front and let me in... It'd be just as fair a process as it is now.

Funny ;) I would like to do that at Harvard!
Manager
Manager

Re: UCLA FEMBA [#permalink] New post 07 May 2010, 11:23
phoich55 wrote:
I'd prefer they just let me pay my $100k up front and let me in...it'd be just as fair a process as it is now.

Where on Facebook have you seen that apps have increased in the extended period? Are you in the 2013 FEMBA group page? Additionally, I don't think Dylan has said anything to revealing in his twitter posts about it. He just mentioned the attendance and that 2013 will be great...pretty generic posts.

I don't have the link but I did read somewhere in which Dean Freixes commented on the increase in the apps in the R2 extension and the number of apps this year would be 2nd highest in FEMBA history.

As far as your 100K comment, I think FEMBA admission process has been little inconsistent this season but I still think it is fair in a sense that people who should be admitted mostly will be. You might end up in the admit bucket after everything is said and done.

Good luck to you.
Intern
Intern
Schools: UCLA
WE 1: 14 Years

Re: UCLA FEMBA [#permalink] New post 07 May 2010, 11:40
JinJJa wrote:
phoich55 wrote:

I don't have the link but I did read somewhere in which Dean Freixes commented on the increase in the apps in the R2 extension and the number of apps this year would be 2nd highest in FEMBA history.

As far as your 100K comment, I think FEMBA admission process has been little inconsistent this season but I still think it is fair in a sense that people who should be admitted mostly will be. You might end up in the admit bucket after everything is said and done.

Good luck to you.

It is a different story whether one gets in or not. After all we are seeking an excellent management school. You would not expect these kind of communication and mangement issues (managing the admissions process effectively and consistently) from UCLA. Just my initial feeling.
Intern
Intern

Re: UCLA FEMBA [#permalink] New post 07 May 2010, 12:13
Thanks, JinJJA. I'll have to lookup Dean Feixes account. I've just been following Dylan.

I do think the admissions process is unfair but the 100k comment was more to avoid waiting until June. Even though, I think it would be a great idea for established schools.
Intern
Intern

Re: UCLA FEMBA [#permalink] New post 12 May 2010, 16:02
hang in there folks.

I just got an email from Dylan et staff urging me to pay my admission deposit to secure section priority, especially since they plan to admit a "large group of my future classmates" this Friday.

FYI, there may be some positive news for atleast a few of us this week!

Last edited by deadlee on 13 May 2010, 11:31, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: UCLA FEMBA [#permalink] New post 12 May 2010, 16:29
deadlee wrote:
hang in there folks.

I just got an email from Dylan et staff urging me to pay my admission deposit to secure section priority, especially since they plan to admit a "large group of my future classmates" this Friday.

FYI, there may be some positive news for atleast a few of us this week!

-Ankush

"Good afternoon everyone,

Hope all is well with you. We are getting ready to admit a large group of your future classmates this Friday. I wanted to give you a head’s up as my ApplyYourself database doesn’t yet show your admission deposit being paid. We establish priority for section requests with admission deposit date.

Please go to your ApplyYourself profile and follow the deposit payment instructions, then return the section reply form per the instructions. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Best,

Manager
Manager
Schools: Chicago Booth (Re-app), LBS, UCLA Anderson, Oxford Said, INSEAD (withdrawn)
WE 1: Investment Management

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: UCLA FEMBA [#permalink] New post 13 May 2010, 05:14
GoBruins wrote:

Hope all is well with you. We are getting ready to admit a large group of your future classmates this Friday. I wanted to give you a head’s up as my ApplyYourself database doesn’t yet show your admission deposit being paid. We establish priority for section requests with admission deposit date.

Please go to your ApplyYourself profile and follow the deposit payment instructions, then return the section reply form per the instructions. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Best,

LBS made my life easier this morning. Goodluck to all FEMBA aspirants especially the waitlisters and reapplicants. To make you all feel better, I was dinged by almost all top schools last year and got accepted at LBS after a long and painful waitlist.
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: UCLA FEMBA [#permalink] New post 13 May 2010, 06:32
levfin2003 wrote:
GoBruins wrote:

Best,

LBS made my life easier this morning. Goodluck to all FEMBA aspirants especially the waitlisters and reapplicants. To make you all feel better, I was dinged by almost all top schools last year and got accepted at LBS after a long and painful waitlist.

Congrats!!

Intern
Intern

Re: UCLA FEMBA [#permalink] New post 13 May 2010, 08:24
levfin2003 wrote:
GoBruins wrote:

Best,

Congrats on LBS.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

Re: UCLA FEMBA [#permalink] New post 13 May 2010, 09:31
phoich55 wrote:
levfin2003 wrote:
GoBruins wrote:

Best,

Nice, congrats!
Manager
Manager
Schools: UCLA Anderson School of Mgmt (FEMBA Class of 2013)
WE 1: 7.5 years in Engg. Consulting
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: UCLA FEMBA [#permalink] New post 13 May 2010, 09:49
Congrats Levfin!
Intern
Intern
Schools: UCLA
WE 1: 14 Years

Re: UCLA FEMBA [#permalink] New post 13 May 2010, 11:13
levfin2003 wrote:
GoBruins wrote:

Best,

Congratulations on your LBS acceptance. When do you start there?
Manager
Manager
Schools: Kellogg (R2), UCLA (R2)

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: UCLA FEMBA [#permalink] New post 13 May 2010, 14:37
I got in !!!!.
No phone call but the status is updated on the appplyyourself website.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

Re: UCLA FEMBA [#permalink] New post 13 May 2010, 15:35
HOLY BALLS, me too!
Intern
Intern

Re: UCLA FEMBA [#permalink] New post 13 May 2010, 15:48
I just got the acceptance call at 4:30 pm California time.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2270

Kudos [?]: 8758 [0], given: 3666

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: UCLA FEMBA [#permalink] New post 13 May 2010, 15:52
Expert's post
Congratulations guys!!!!
If anyone wants to be the thread-keeper and maintain the stats and roll call for accepted and enrolling this year, please PM me and I will give you mod rights.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Re: UCLA FEMBA   [#permalink] 13 May 2010, 15:52