Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:16 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Chicago Booth (Re-app), LBS, UCLA Anderson, Oxford Said, INSEAD (withdrawn)
 Q48  V41
GPA: 3.6 - Top public
WE 1: Investment Management
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:UCLA
 Q49  V34
WE 1: 14 Years
Send PM
Re: UCLA FEMBA [#permalink]
levfin2003 wrote:
Mine is at 11:15am. I'm flying home to San Francisco that evening so can't stay for too long. Anyone around campus around noon?

My interview is from 12:12:30 pm. I will be coming in early to visit campus and meet any fellow femba applicants. From what i read on dylan's twitter page, lot of people coming for interview on 20th.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Schools:UCLA Anderson School of Mgmt (FEMBA Class of 2013)
GMAT 2: 710  Q46  V42
GPA: 3.49
WE 1: 7.5 years in Engg. Consulting
Send PM
Mine is at 11.15 also.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
i'm the earliest it seems. 10:30
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepeneur, General Consulting
Schools:Cal, Stanford, HBS, Yale, UCLA, USC
 Q49  V45
GPA: 3.01
WE 1: United Technologies (Pratt&Whitney Rocketdyne)
Send PM
Submitted on the due date. Fingers crossed!

GMAT was strong but GPA was a bit weak and don't have that much work experience. Also am a white male engineer, which is probably not the niche group they're looking for.

We shall see though. Any interview tips for this Saturday? I'll be there at 1145-1215 if anyone wants to meet up :)
Manager
Manager
Schools:Chicago Booth (Re-app), LBS, UCLA Anderson, Oxford Said, INSEAD (withdrawn)
 Q48  V41
Send PM
I think I'll be on campus from 9:30 to 12. Anyone who wants to meet up, please pm me and I'll send you my cell number.
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
levfin2003 wrote:
I think I'll be on campus from 9:30 to 12. Anyone who wants to meet up, please pm me and I'll send you my cell number.

I'll be around after my interview. So 11:15 on I'm free.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools:UCLA FEMBA rnd 2, USC MBA.PM
 Q42  V41
GPA: 2.7
Send PM
I'll be interviewing at 12:15...

Anyone get a sense for whether it would be an adcom or mba2? Or will they just surprise us?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Can anyone tell me an example of overall brand and cachet of UCLA FEMBA?

Just how much doors can one reasonably expect to open? Is its brand comparable to the FT program?

Does anyone else have doubts whether it is worth $100K like I do?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
JinJJa wrote:
Can anyone tell me an example of overall brand and cachet of UCLA FEMBA?

Just how much doors can one reasonably expect to open? Is its brand comparable to the FT program?

Does anyone else have doubts whether it is worth $100K like I do?

Thanks

Is it comparable to the FT program? Well..its the same classes, same professors, same curriculum so I would think so. Only thing you need to worry about is if others think its the same as some employers may disagree.

Is it worth 100k? If your going by rankings and profiles then UCLA isn't highly rated when it comes to ROI.

I don't think any degree should cost 100k. However, my employer and my future employer disagree and think it is worth it. Ultimately though, a UCLA FEMBA's worth will be decided by what you take away from the program and what you do or don't do once you have your MBA.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Found out there are 320 people signed up for interviews Saturday. I'm going to assume another 10-15% of applicants won't be interviewing.

Anyone know what the R1 numbers were? I'd imagine it was considerably less than R2.
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
phoich55 wrote:
Found out there are 320 people signed up for interviews Saturday. I'm going to assume another 10-15% of applicants won't be interviewing.

Anyone know what the R1 numbers were? I'd imagine it was considerably less than R2.

Wow how did you find that out?

Although it shoulds like a lot, it's actually not that many. Since Interviews are self initiated and UCLA typically accepts about 720-800 applications most of which from R2. So I would imagine about 500 apps in R2.

Next year's class will be 300 people, so odds of getting post interview is quite substantial.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Dylan's twitter post indicated the 320 number. He also mentioned this was the largest group to interview on a single day. At first, I thought that this was an due to an increase in the number of applications but then realized that this year they only have 2 rounds as opposed to 3 the years before.

Anyone driving up for the interview from San diego? My interview is at 1130.
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V45
Send PM
Not sure if it means much or surprises anyone, but Dylan said he has never rejected a GMAT of 780, and only 2-3 770s (who had 'trainwreck' gpas). So anyone who has a 780 should be good to go :lol:

What are people wearing? Collared shirt and slacks? When I went to the prospect luncheon in January I sat at Dylans table... I had asked the current student who brought me as his 'prospect' (a 2nd year) what to wear and he said it didn't matter, so... being a dumbass... I wore a t-shirt. Of course I sat at the Director of Admission's table and was the only person without a collared shirt in the room.

D'oh.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sadbuttrue wrote:
Not sure if it means much or surprises anyone, but Dylan said he has never rejected a GMAT of 780, and only 2-3 770s (who had 'trainwreck' gpas). So anyone who has a 780 should be good to go :lol:

What are people wearing? Collared shirt and slacks? When I went to the prospect luncheon in January I sat at Dylans table... I had asked the current student who brought me as his 'prospect' (a 2nd year) what to wear and he said it didn't matter, so... being a dumbass... I wore a t-shirt. Of course I sat at the Director of Admission's table and was the only person without a collared shirt in the room.

D'oh.

I think they are expecting a suit and tie for men since they said "business attire".

As far as admissions, UCLA FEMBA has 45% admission rate. Assuming that 60-70% of applicants are "qualified" (that would be the usual number), your chances of admission with above average profile is quite high. The number of applicants are down substantially this year AND the are increasing the FEMBA class by 30 or so. So you do the math. I like your chances with your 760. If you spent a lot of time writing quality essays, I wouldn't even sweat it.
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V45
Send PM
JinJJa wrote:
sadbuttrue wrote:

D'oh.

I think they are expecting a suit and tie for men since they said "business attire".

As far as admissions, UCLA FEMBA has 45% admission rate. Assuming that 60-70% of applicants are "qualified" (that would be the usual number), your chances of admission with above average profile is quite high. The number of applicants are down substantially this year AND the are increasing the FEMBA class by 30 or so. So you do the math. I like your chances with your 760. If you spent a lot of time writing quality essays, I wouldn't even sweat it.

I was mostly just trying to share a semi-funny/embarassing story, more than anything else. Hopefully you're right.

In any case.. I'm out. I'll probably see a few of you down there.
Manager
Manager
 Q48  V41
Send PM
I'm a Bruin today. Had a great time yesterday. Awesome school and a beautiful campus. Hope everyone had a good interview experience.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Schools:UCLA Anderson School of Mgmt (FEMBA Class of 2013)
GMAT 2: 710  Q46  V42
GPA: 3.49
WE 1: 7.5 years in Engg. Consulting
Send PM
Yes Indeed! And was good to meet some of the GMAT Clubians such as Levfin, myucladream, and sanknox. Gobruins we looked for you. Hope you all enjoyed the interview!!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  16