Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 23:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

UNC Interview Help?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 10

UNC Interview Help? [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2012, 13:44
Hi all,

I got an invite to interview at UNC and I was wondering if anyone had advice for preparing? My GMAT is only average (640-660 range) but my GPA is pretty solid (3.65+) and I've been involved in activities, wrote a decent personal statement, should have good recs, etc. but I'm super nervous because UNC is my dream school and I've been wanting to go there for the last 2 years now. The interview won't be for a couple of weeks because they're not conducting interviews during the holiday season, but I really want to prepare for it and do well, so if anyone has advice, I'd really appreciate it. Also, just in general, how important are interviews for MAccs relative to GPA, GMAT, work experience, etc.? I've heard some places say that it's kind of a formality to make sure the candidate is normal/sociable and not as rigorous as a job interview, but I'm worried that since UNC is competitive, it's not the same in that regard.

Thanks!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 1

Re: UNC Interview Help? [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2012, 06:07
This post received
KUDOS
I had similar stats to you last year and was accepted. I felt like I bombed the interview, didn't prepare at all and it was over the phone. Good luck, UNC is a great school!
Intern
Intern

Re: UNC Interview Help? [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2012, 11:20
Richarde19 wrote:
I had similar stats to you last year and was accepted. I felt like I bombed the interview, didn't prepare at all and it was over the phone. Good luck, UNC is a great school!

Would you say that the interview is more to make sure that the candidates are normal/sociable and that the person is genuinely interested in accounting and UNC than a super scary weeding out? Someone told me that UNC doesn't give everyone an interview, so is it a good sign that I'm even at this stage or is it standard to give everyone an interview?
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: UNC Interview Help? [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2012, 18:08
This post received
KUDOS
I interviewed with Sarah and it was a really easy interview, more of just a conversation about the program. You'll get a few questions about your resume and undergrad and why accounting, why UNC etc. It's definitely not something to stress over.
Intern
Intern

Re: UNC Interview Help? [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2012, 07:56
jray25 wrote:
I interviewed with Sarah and it was a really easy interview, more of just a conversation about the program. You'll get a few questions about your resume and undergrad and why accounting, why UNC etc. It's definitely not something to stress over.

Yeah I'll be interviewing with her as well in early January. I'm really hoping it goes well because UNC is where I want to be and is pretty much the only school I applied to. Does UNC give everyone an interview?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: UNC Interview Help? [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2012, 11:59
From what I remember I think everyone who meets the standards gets an interview.
Intern
Intern

Re: UNC Interview Help? [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2012, 12:43
Would you say that there is a decent chance of getting in if offered an interview or is it still pretty difficult?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 4

Re: UNC Interview Help? [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2013, 13:09
How long after your interview did it take to get your admission decision?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: UNC Interview Help? [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2013, 13:27
AlyoshaKaramazov wrote:

I got mine the next day

Posted from my mobile device Image
Current Student
Concentration: Accounting
GRE 1: 1440 Q780 V660
GPA: 3.97

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: UNC Interview Help? [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2013, 17:22
jray25 wrote:
AlyoshaKaramazov wrote:

I got mine the next day

Posted from my mobile device Image

Same here. Incredibly excited about starting in May!
Re: UNC Interview Help?   [#permalink] 23 Jan 2013, 17:22