Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 05:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

UNC Waiting Room

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
SVP
SVP
Schools: The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 178 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
UNC Waiting Room [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2007, 08:46
There doesn't seem to be one around, so thought I would start one....

Tick tock tick tock....

March 12 ain't so far away!

Who's in?
SVP
SVP
Schools: The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 178 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2007, 08:48
God, was that weird. As soon as I posted this, I went back to my email and found this:

Greetings from UNC's Kenan-Flagler Business School!

Thank you for applying to our full time MBA program. As you know, deadline 3 application decisions will be released on Monday, March 12th.
Decisions will be available no later than 5:00 pm. You will receive an email when your decision is available; this email will include a link for you to view your online decision letter. If your address has changed, please let me know as soon as possible since the mailings will go out on Monday also.

Best Regards,

MBA Admissions
Kenan-Flagler Business School
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2007, 08:55
I got that as well.
SVP
SVP
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 82 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2007, 08:59
Good luck, all you who applied.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2007, 10:21
I am waiting as well, got all excited thinking the decision was here but I'll just have to wait another week and a half, at least it's almost here.
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2007, 10:23
As you can tell by my post, I received the email too. Oh well I will be waiting another 2 weeks. Doubt Ill get any sleep the night of the 11th! :roll:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

[#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2007, 12:03
I too am R3 for Kenan-Flagler. I am really tepid on the school. I want to go into equity research on the buy side and have already been admitted to Wisconsin ASAP Program. While, UNC has a higher overall ranking, I believe the ASAP Concentration is much better than UNC's Investment Management Concentration.

Anways, I am still excited to find out the outcome on March 12. Getting in will only make me feel better about my chances at Yale & NYU in April.

Did anyone else choose to do a telephone interview as opposed to campus visit?
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2007, 12:07
Read the SmartMoney article from Jan on Wisconsin. I think there positives and negatives to ASAP. I know Fidelity recruits pretty strongly at UNC. Wisconsin claims that they go there as well, but I don't see the Businessweek "top hiring firm" info to support Wisconsin's claims of 2 a year to this place and that.
Intern
Intern

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2007, 13:16
I guess you can include me in the waiting room too. I was waitlisted for R2 so I'm supposed to get another decision on Mar 12. Since the waitlist notification, I 've written an affirmation letter to the adcomm and had a couple of my first year friends put in a good word. We'll see...
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2007, 13:31
I'm waiting to hear from UNC as well. I thought I had a very good interview when I visited, though you can never tell what they think. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2007, 17:17
So I wasn't the only person whose heart skipped a beat after seeing that email...
SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2007, 20:32
Guys and gals

Good to you all. I know the coming two weeks will be hard to bear. But I am rooting for you all.

They have soem impressive candidates lined up in the earlier rounds but the best part would be to have fellow GMATClubbers there.

All the best and God Speed
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2007, 10:44
Mark4124 wrote:
Read the SmartMoney article from Jan on Wisconsin. I think there positives and negatives to ASAP. I know Fidelity recruits pretty strongly at UNC. Wisconsin claims that they go there as well, but I don't see the Businessweek "top hiring firm" info to support Wisconsin's claims of 2 a year to this place and that.

Mark,

You will not get much useful data from looking at placement stats for the overall Wisconsin MBA Program. If you google Wisconsin ASAP, you will find a web page devoted to the program that lists of companies who has recently hired from ASAP (sorry can't post a link yet). The big plus of the program is that these students are placed in IM, so if you are serious about that as a career choice it provides an advantage over other schools (non top 7). My fear is that while UNC does have some placement in IM, it doesn't have a strong presence and I think the resources may be less than those devoted towards the ASAP Program.
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2007, 10:52
My concern is what if you got to b-school and decided you want to go into corporate finance or something... Granted I don't think I will do this... but who knows. I want to have the option. I think that would be much harder at Wisconsin. But of course I am still educating myself and I will look at the resource you indicated. The head of Fidelity Equities research is on the board of the IM program at UNC though. I might not have it right with Wisconsin... but I think that you are underestimating UNC as well.
  [#permalink] 02 Mar 2007, 10:52