Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Aug 2015, 08:56
GMAT Club Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Under the new corporate insurance policy, when an employer

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 11 Nov 2003
Posts: 355
Location: Illinois
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Under the new corporate insurance policy, when an employer [#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2004, 16:53
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

0% (00:00) correct 100% (01:20) wrong based on 2 sessions
Under the new corporate insurance policy, when an employer is charged for damages to a third party wholly or largely as a result of actions by an employee, he is entitled to recoup the amount of the damages.
(A) he is entitled to recoup
(B) the employer is entitle to recoup
(C) he or she is entitled to recoup
(D) he is entitled to recoup for
(E) the employer is entitled to recoup for
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 13 Nov 2003
Posts: 971
Location: Florida
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 0

Re: SC- Entitle [#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2004, 19:42
gmatblast wrote:
Under the new corporate insurance policy, when an employer is charged for damages to a third party wholly or largely as a result of actions by an employee, he is entitled to recoup the amount of the damages.
(A) he is entitled to recoup
(B) the employer is entitle to recoup
(C) he or she is entitled to recoup
(D) he is entitled to recoup for
(E) the employer is entitled to recoup for


it's between B and E. I think, recoup (reimburse) for is right. charged...entitled (not entitle)

E??
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Affiliations: CFA Level 2
Joined: 05 May 2004
Posts: 267
Location: Hanoi
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2004, 20:19
Sorry "recoup for" is wrong http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define. ... &dict=CALD. The ans is B.
_________________

"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you'r gonna get"

Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 13 Nov 2003
Posts: 971
Location: Florida
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2004, 20:27
bigtooth81 wrote:
Sorry "recoup for" is wrong http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define. ... &dict=CALD. The ans is B.


I don't see any information under this link :?:

anyway... your punch line is from Forrest Gump, right?? (life is like a box of chocs...)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Joined: 15 Dec 2003
Posts: 4308
Followers: 30

Kudos [?]: 247 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2004, 21:36
1 min. B for me.
I believe it is "recoup the amount". It is similar to when you say "recoup your losses". You just don't say "recoup for your losses"
_________________

Best Regards,

Paul

Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 13 Nov 2003
Posts: 971
Location: Florida
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2004, 21:48
Paul wrote:
1 min. B for me.
I believe it is "recoup the amount". It is similar to when you say "recoup your losses". You just don't say "recoup for your losses"


but, is Entitle correct in B. Shouldn't this be Entitled? Or, is it a typo?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Joined: 15 Dec 2003
Posts: 4308
Followers: 30

Kudos [?]: 247 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2004, 21:53
dj wrote:
Paul wrote:
1 min. B for me.
I believe it is "recoup the amount". It is similar to when you say "recoup your losses". You just don't say "recoup for your losses"


but, is Entitle correct in B. Shouldn't this be Entitled? Or, is it a typo?

I'm sure it is a typo :) B must be it for E does not make sense with "recoup for"
_________________

Best Regards,

Paul

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Affiliations: CFA Level 2
Joined: 05 May 2004
Posts: 267
Location: Hanoi
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2004, 22:36
dj wrote:
bigtooth81 wrote:
Sorry "recoup for" is wrong http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define. ... &dict=CALD. The ans is B.


I don't see any information under this link :?:

anyway... your punch line is from Forrest Gump, right?? (life is like a box of chocs...)


Yeah Forrest Gump it's my favourite quote.

Definition (from Cambridge Advanced learner's dic)
recoup [Show phonetics]
verb [T]
to get back money that you have spent or lost:
It takes a while to recoup the initial costs of starting up a business.
The gambler recouped his losses in the next game.
_________________

"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you'r gonna get"

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 25 May 2004
Posts: 282
Location: Ukraine
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 11 Jul 2004, 04:22
B provided there's a typo. :-D
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 04 Jul 2004
Posts: 905
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 11 Jul 2004, 04:50
Paul
Given that this is not typo, will you still choose the same answer?
I think dj's point is more valid.
Please provide your valuable input.
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 13 Nov 2003
Posts: 971
Location: Florida
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 11 Jul 2004, 10:50
jpv wrote:
Paul
Given that this is not typo, will you still choose the same answer?
I think dj's point is more valid.
Please provide your valuable input.


yep, I will, surely, go with D if B has no typo, else B is better.
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 13 Nov 2003
Posts: 971
Location: Florida
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 11 Jul 2004, 11:23
bigtooth81 wrote:
Yeah Forrest Gump it's my favourite quote.


it indeed is a great quote.

I remember b/c yesterday only I watched it..ah! for the 6th or 7th time. :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 11 Nov 2003
Posts: 355
Location: Illinois
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 11 Jul 2004, 16:22
The official answer is B. I wanted to confirm that there is a typo in B.
  [#permalink] 11 Jul 2004, 16:22
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
9 The benefits of the new policies are far reaching, economic emmak 5 07 Jun 2013, 21:13
The CEO has proposed a new policy requiring that employees Gavan 6 12 Dec 2011, 05:30
10 Experts publish their posts in the topic Some fear that the New Ethics Policy will lead to increasing feruz77 10 04 Dec 2010, 03:20
Under the new corporate insurance policy, when an employer prasannar 7 27 Apr 2008, 10:27
In the 1950s, when the Chrysler Corporation sponsored a live bsd_lover 4 27 Apr 2008, 05:12
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Under the new corporate insurance policy, when an employer

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.