Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 04:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Unhappy with 710 and link to prep resources

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Unhappy with 710 and link to prep resources [#permalink] New post 08 Sep 2007, 07:56
I took it yesterday and got the an overall score of 710.

Personally I was disappointed and was expecting more. I may re-take the test next month and will give an update. I expect upwards of 750.I had problems with the time in the quant section.
Word of warning to other test takers.
The breaks are 10 minutes but the counter starts the moment the previous section ends. So even though the supervisor told me I had 10 before he would log me back in, when I returned withing that time frame and started the next section, the screen said that it was taking 3 mins off my time since thebreak overran.

Most of the resources I used for the test are posted in the Gmat eSnips foder http://www.esnips.com/web/gmatprep
I think the only prep material that is close to what appears on the test is the OG and perhaps Kaplan. The Princeton, Arco, Peterson etc are quite underpar. In terms of the actual test GUI, it is identical to that of the GmatPrep software. Save your money and stick with OG, Kaplan and Kaplan 800 if you must.

I saw a lot of posts about the confusion of the scratch paper and pens provided at the test facility and got a bit concerned about it. I didnt know about this till a week or so before the test.
However its not that bad and actually quite ok. Does get messy since the ink rubs off on your hands if you rest it on the pad. The pad is a laminated sheets of grid paper. The pens are fine point marker pens, much like the the stradlers available in officemax or staples. They reuse the pens so make sure you test them out before you go in. You can take as many as you want and they will replace the pads if you raise your hand. Also earplugs, headphones and tissue papers were available at my test facility.

If youre really worried, I believe you can but replicas of the paper and pen on Amazon. A company also sells them as prep material called "Endless notes" http://www.gettingtogradschool.com/MBA-Business_School/GMAT-Study_Material.htm[/url]
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Unhappy with 710 and link to prep resources   [#permalink] 08 Sep 2007, 07:56