Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:01 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
 Q48  V33
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 239 [0]
Given Kudos: 94
GMAt Status: Quant section
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
Schools: WBS (D)
GMAT Date: 12-30-2011
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Universities for my GMAT marks [#permalink]
But the prob is I dont feel confident enuf tat I can improve my verbal score... I had prepared a lot for the test and so this feeling. Confused about wat I should do.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.01
Send PM
Hey boss. I thought the same way when I received a low score on my verbal as well. I bought Manhattan GMAT books for verbal and improved dramatically. Just give it one more shot. You got nothing to lose! Just focus on it and you will be able to pick it up at least a few points! good luck.
Manhattan GMAT Online Marketing Associate
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
utlnghrn34 wrote:
I bought Manhattan GMAT books for verbal and improved dramatically.

Manhattan GMAT's Complete GMAT Verbal Set: https://www.manhattangmat.com/storeitems ... 40&catid=1

If you do decide to give it one more shot, go through the Foundation of GMAT Verbal book before you move on to the Strategy Guides. It will help solidify your foundation in verbal. More info on Foundations of Verbal here: https://www.manhattangmat.com/storeitems ... 9&catid=10

Best,
Matt Mapplebeck
Student Services Associate
Manhattan GMAT
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 227 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:UNC Duke Kellogg
 Q50  V44
GPA: 3.28
Send PM
If you are looking at top 50 schools --- I wanted to list a few schools to give you an idea:

1) Case Western Reserve (Weatherhead)
2) Georgia (Terry)
3) Wake Forest
4) Iowa (Tippie)

These are not *super* competitive schools -- but they will help you with job placements and have a solid reputation with *regional* companies -- in other words they will help you get good jobs. Ex: Terry will get you jobs in Atlanta. Case is a pretty solid name in the mid-west. Wake can get you placements in Charlotte and Raleigh-Durham.

You might also want to consider a masters in finance or marketing or whatever else you are interested in -- business related. This degree can help you enter the market. Once you get more experience -- you might want to consider an MBA at a top school.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 300 [1]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Kudos
akkifreaky,

I will advice that you also send your applications to some top business schools. Low gmat may be a disadvantage but certainly doesnt ends your chances. Your GPA looks good so you should definitely try some better colleges than you have listed. Look at the article below, even top 10 schools do take some candidates who get much lower GMAT scores than median gmat score (540). Harvard’s lowest accepted GMAT score for the class of 2013 was a 490;

At Chicago Booth, the estimated bottom 10th percentile of admitted students for the class of 2013 is 671: 57 incoming students had that score or below. When shaping a Booth incoming class, the admissions office doesn’t just look for smarts, said Stacey Kole, deputy dean of the full-time MBA program. It also looks for evidence of intellectual curiosity, which Kole says can be found in the applicant’s undergraduate coursework and response to one of the school’s three essay questions—four blank pieces of paper to answer the question “What else should we know about you?”

https://www.businessweek.com/bschools/bl ... hools.html

I think even if you dont retake gmat, you should apply for some good schools and may be some average ones to make sure you get one for sure. Best of luck.
Director
Director
Status:My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Send PM
Aj85 wrote:
akkifreaky,

I will advice that you also send your applications to some top business schools. Low gmat may be a disadvantage but certainly doesnt ends your chances. Your GPA looks good so you should definitely try some better colleges than you have listed. Look at the article below, even top 10 schools do take some candidates who get much lower GMAT scores than median gmat score (540). Harvard’s lowest accepted GMAT score for the class of 2013 was a 490;

At Chicago Booth, the estimated bottom 10th percentile of admitted students for the class of 2013 is 671: 57 incoming students had that score or below. When shaping a Booth incoming class, the admissions office doesn’t just look for smarts, said Stacey Kole, deputy dean of the full-time MBA program. It also looks for evidence of intellectual curiosity, which Kole says can be found in the applicant’s undergraduate coursework and response to one of the school’s three essay questions—four blank pieces of paper to answer the question “What else should we know about you?”

https://www.businessweek.com/bschools/bl ... hools.html

I think even if you dont retake gmat, you should apply for some good schools and may be some average ones to make sure you get one for sure. Best of luck.

This a great advise and i agree with him....apply if not admitted you still have a chance for retake.....
GMAT Club Bot