Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 02:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

University Admission Decision URGENT!!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 2

Re: University Admission Decision URGENT!!! [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2010, 14:42
I just wanted to point out that WashU is a school that CAN help you get a job in NY. I know a few people who were placed from the program to BB investment banks in NYC. Also, the undergraduate business program places a large portion (roughly 35%) of their graduates to jobs in the northeast (primarily NYC and Boston). Going to Stern, MIT or Columbia would obviously help your chances of getting a job in NYC. These schools are tremendous and have the one big advantage of proximity to NYC. However, going to WashU will get the job done as well. I know papagoose said none of the schools mentioned would help with getting a job in NYC but he also said he didn't know much about WashU. I thought I'd clear up this issue based on what I know. I have researched this topic quite a bit (as it is my primary goal to eventually land a job in NYC) and I am attending Olin for the MSF program this Fall. I am confident getting a job in NYC won't be a problem (although you are going to have to use the vast WashU/Olin network to get there - nothing will be handed to you, that's for sure). Good luck with your decision.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 0

Re: University Admission Decision URGENT!!! [#permalink] New post 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
vanderbilt is best!
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 0

Re: University Admission Decision URGENT!!! [#permalink] New post 10 Jun 2010, 08:25
next is olin
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: University Admission Decision URGENT!!! [#permalink] New post 11 Jun 2010, 15:25
Hey,

Im currently just starting my Application and I'd like to know how I compare to you guys. So, singtoloco and arunmohan PLEASE what are y'alls profile like?? Others on the thread, please feel free to state your profile as well

Thnx ;)
Intern
Intern

Re: University Admission Decision URGENT!!! [#permalink] New post 12 Jun 2010, 09:10
wgs988 wrote:
Hey,

Im currently just starting my Application and I'd like to know how I compare to you guys. So, singtoloco and arunmohan PLEASE what are y'alls profile like?? Others on the thread, please feel free to state your profile as well

Thnx ;)

Bachelor Degree: Industrial Engineering, Chulalongkorn University (Thailand), GPA 3.01
One year exp: Engineer, Logistics Department, Cement Company in Thailand
TOEFL iBT: 109
GMAT: 630
Intern
Intern

Re: University Admission Decision URGENT!!! [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2011, 05:19
Hi All,

That has been a great discussion to know the quant specific school rankings. Thanks to all.

Well i haven't got that many admits, so i don't have many choices to decide from. But still i am very curious to know which one to choose from the following

1) Simon School of Business, Rochester (MSF 2011-2012), 10,000 $ Scholarship
2) Rutgers University (FSRM- Financial Statistics and Risk Management), introduced this year itself.

I am an International Student from India and very concerned about the placement prospects of both the schools.

As far as i have investigated, every one has suggested me Simon.

So if anyone has an idea on the job scenario(specifically ON-CAMPUS) at Simon School for international students.

One blog referred it to be 90% for International Students but it seems way to high.

So please help. Any inputs would be highly appreciated.

TIA and Regards
Nik
Re: University Admission Decision URGENT!!!   [#permalink] 11 Apr 2011, 05:19