Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 20:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

University of Florida

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

University of Florida [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2008, 15:59
Has anyone else been accepted to Florida? I'm interested to see if anyone has interviewed and been accepted. I got my acceptance not too long ago, and I am definitely thinking about attending in the Fall. I'd just like to discuss the school, the curriculum, and the job opportunities associated with the school.

Also, how long does it take for the acceptance package to arrive? I've been waiting about 2 weeks for it.

Thanks.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 77

Kudos [?]: 691 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
Re: University of Florida [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2008, 16:39
I know hvcruiser is going there, he got in a while ago so he might be able to answer your questions on admit packages. He isnt very active so your best bet is to PM him.

http://www.gmatclub.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=43210

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.
Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: University of Florida [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2008, 06:47
Congrats jbguy. I am a Floridian, and I have a few friends who recently went through the UF MBA program. As far as Florida MBA programs, it is the best by far. You will get the best opportunities in and around Florida, but the recruiting outside of the Florida and Southeast region is scarce. So, it really comes down to your desire to stay in Florida. If you want to end up in NY, it might be tough. But, if you are ok with solid opportunities in South Florida, Jacksonville, and all of the major areas in FL then you will be in good shape. One buddy of mine got a great job in Commercial Banking at BofA in South Florida. I think his story represents the respected reputation of UF in Florida. Considering the FL economy is in another level of disarray due to the housing market and inflation, the opportunities might change, but if that is the case, an MBA program is where I would want to be.

It's too bad you missed the 2006 & 2007 Championships, the Gators are on the bubble big time for the NCAA Tourney.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: University of Florida [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2008, 08:33
Riverripper and DJHouse, thanks for the replies! Glad to hear some good things about Florida's MBA and know there are some people on here that are knowledgeable about the program.

I'm not really interested in living in the Northeast or Midwest, so that's not much of a concern for me. I grew up along the Gulf Coast, and I am mostly interested in staying in the Southeast - so Jacksonville, Atlanta, Birmingham, Nashville, and Charlotte are more than fine with me. Based on everything I have researched, Florida's MBA is one of the best in the region, just a bit below UNC, Emory, and Vanderbilt. I am trying to get a better idea of which companies recruit there, what cities have a decent number of UF MBA graduates, and so forth.

I'd also like to hear some opinions from students that will be starting in the Fall or are already there. I suppose I'll need to PM hvcruiser.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: University of Florida [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2008, 10:35
Sounds good, jb. Enjoy the warm weather while I'm bundled up NYC. I don't know what your score is, but, from what I hear, UF is pretty generous with scholarship $$$ if you have a high GMAT score. Their average is 670, which is not bad, and scholarships help prop it up.
Re: University of Florida   [#permalink] 07 Mar 2008, 10:35