Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 22:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Status: Trying to survive
Joined: 29 Jun 2011
Posts: 186
GMAt Status: Quant section
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
Schools: WBS (D)
GMAT Date: 12-30-2011
GPA: 3.2
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 89 [0], given: 94

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2011, 06:27
ronnie987 wrote:
Hi,
I appeared for GRE on 23rd Sep, without any sort of prepration. I got 710-800 in GRE. Final scores on Nov 10. Im confused as I don't know whether i have to reappear for GRE. Any idea you have as to what score this range will translate into?

well i wish i could help you, but i'm not familiar with these scoring scales
_________________

How can i lose my faith in life's fairness when i know that the dreams of those who sleep on the feathers are not more beautiful than the dreams of those who sleep on the ground? - Jubran Khaleel Jubran

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Oct 2011
Posts: 18
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2011, 17:55
Hi glad to meet everybody here. I'm also going to apply for 2012 HSG MBF. By the way, I'm a senior student from mainland China, majoring in International Economy&Trade. I've already taken the GRE test, unfortunately my toefl score(98) hasn't met the minimum requirement(100 ibt). So I'm now preparing for the next month TOEFL examination. Now I'm also taking the German courses at weekend. Hope to meet everyone in Switerzland next September!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: GRE- 800Q
Joined: 28 Dec 2009
Posts: 84
Schools: Delhi University
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 07 Oct 2011, 00:06
bosenyi wrote:
Hi glad to meet everybody here. I'm also going to apply for 2012 HSG MBF. By the way, I'm a senior student from mainland China, majoring in International Economy&Trade. I've already taken the GRE test, unfortunately my toefl score(98) hasn't met the minimum requirement(100 ibt). So I'm now preparing for the next month TOEFL examination. Now I'm also taking the German courses at weekend. Hope to meet everyone in Switerzland next September!


Hi bosenyi.

How much have you scored in GRE? Are you sure that you have met the minimum score in GRE?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Oct 2011
Posts: 18
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2011, 18:26
ronnie987 wrote:
bosenyi wrote:
Hi glad to meet everybody here. I'm also going to apply for 2012 HSG MBF. By the way, I'm a senior student from mainland China, majoring in International Economy&Trade. I've already taken the GRE test, unfortunately my toefl score(98) hasn't met the minimum requirement(100 ibt). So I'm now preparing for the next month TOEFL examination. Now I'm also taking the German courses at weekend. Hope to meet everyone in Switerzland next September!


Hi bosenyi.

How much have you scored in GRE? Are you sure that you have met the minimum score in GRE?

:-D Hi,I got 800 in the quantitative section and 610 in the verbal section. I think st.gallen only looks at the quantative section, right? How about you? Have you already taken the GRE/GMAT?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: GRE- 800Q
Joined: 28 Dec 2009
Posts: 84
Schools: Delhi University
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2011, 21:22
bosenyi wrote:
ronnie987 wrote:
bosenyi wrote:
Hi glad to meet everybody here. I'm also going to apply for 2012 HSG MBF. By the way, I'm a senior student from mainland China, majoring in International Economy&Trade. I've already taken the GRE test, unfortunately my toefl score(98) hasn't met the minimum requirement(100 ibt). So I'm now preparing for the next month TOEFL examination. Now I'm also taking the German courses at weekend. Hope to meet everyone in Switerzland next September!


Hi bosenyi.

How much have you scored in GRE? Are you sure that you have met the minimum score in GRE?

:-D Hi,I got 800 in the quantitative section and 610 in the verbal section. I think st.gallen only looks at the quantative section, right? How about you? Have you already taken the GRE/GMAT?


Hi,
You have a very high chances of an getting an admit.Yes, they look only at quant.
I took the New GRE and scored in the range of 710-800. waiting for the actual scores. But i think my actual score may fall short of 760.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Oct 2011
Posts: 18
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2011, 22:10
It' Ok. When I finished the exam, I thought I could only got 750 at most.So just believe in yourself. The quantative section is not very difficult. All you have to do is being cautious when doing some basic calculations and getting familiar with the math terminologies. I sincerely look forward to hearing good news from you. :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Jan 2012
Posts: 1
Location: United States
GRE 1: 1400 Q780 V620
GPA: 4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2012, 17:39
I'm thinking of applying for the Quantitative Economics and Finance program at St. Gallen. Does anyone know how good the program is (as a prep for top PhD program)?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Status: Trying to survive
Joined: 29 Jun 2011
Posts: 186
GMAt Status: Quant section
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
Schools: WBS (D)
GMAT Date: 12-30-2011
GPA: 3.2
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 89 [0], given: 94

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2012, 00:23
Duck169 wrote:
I'm thinking of applying for the Quantitative Economics and Finance program at St. Gallen. Does anyone know how good the program is (as a prep for top PhD program)?

I'm applying to this program as well .... Unfortunately, you can't compare it with top programs like Princeton .....
_________________

How can i lose my faith in life's fairness when i know that the dreams of those who sleep on the feathers are not more beautiful than the dreams of those who sleep on the ground? - Jubran Khaleel Jubran

Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: GRE- 800Q
Joined: 28 Dec 2009
Posts: 84
Schools: Delhi University
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2012, 00:43
j

Last edited by ronnie987 on 27 Dec 2013, 14:53, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Oct 2011
Posts: 20
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2012, 12:21
i'm also very interested in this program, but what makes me think is, what would it be its value outside from german-speaking countries? i can't speak german and it's a very difficoult language to learn
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Status: Trying to survive
Joined: 29 Jun 2011
Posts: 186
GMAt Status: Quant section
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
Schools: WBS (D)
GMAT Date: 12-30-2011
GPA: 3.2
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 89 [0], given: 94

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2012, 12:25
alexba91 wrote:
i'm also very interested in this program, but what makes me think is, what would it be its value outside from german-speaking countries? i can't speak german and it's a very difficoult language to learn

Well, I'm not native too and applying ... some people argue that you need to know just English, where others say that employers require to be fluent in SWISS German and maybe French :S
_________________

How can i lose my faith in life's fairness when i know that the dreams of those who sleep on the feathers are not more beautiful than the dreams of those who sleep on the ground? - Jubran Khaleel Jubran

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 22 Jan 2012
Posts: 56
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2012, 04:50
Hello everyone,

I am also applying to MBF at St.Gallen. I have also applied to LBS MiM, HEC MiF, and will try to apply to SBS, RSM and Esade too. Since HEC dinged me, St. Gallen and LBS are my best choices.

My profile:
23y, Lithuanian. GPA 9.1/10.
Toefl iBT 112, and I also can speak a little bit German, but my skills are basic.
GMAT 710
WE 8 months in sales, 19 months in one of two largest commercial banks in Lithuania. 9 months as an assistant in Large Corporates and the rest as a leasing client executive.

I wonder how big my chances are. I thought that they are pretty high, since up to now St.Gallen webpage showed that the average GMAT for MBF was 660, but now it shows that it's 720!?!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: GRE- 800Q
Joined: 28 Dec 2009
Posts: 84
Schools: Delhi University
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2012, 10:48
Hey Guys,
What's up with you applications? How is it going? How many of you have already applied? The enrollment opened on the 1st Feb.
Please share your complete profile and date of application.
Let's get the ball rolling !!

Last edited by ronnie987 on 27 Dec 2013, 14:54, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 22 Jan 2012
Posts: 56
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2012, 20:51
ronnie987 wrote:
Hey Guys,
What's up with you applications? How is it going? How many of you have already applied? The enrollment opened on the 1st Feb.
Please share your complete profile and date of application.
Let's get the ball rolling !!!
:flower


I have put my application on halt, since I received an interview invite to LBS MiM on Friday :)
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: GRE- 800Q
Joined: 28 Dec 2009
Posts: 84
Schools: Delhi University
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2012, 02:17
sk8e wrote:
ronnie987 wrote:
Hey Guys,
What's up with you applications? How is it going? How many of you have already applied? The enrollment opened on the 1st Feb.
Please share your complete profile and date of application.
Let's get the ball rolling !!!
:flower


I have put my application on halt, since I received an interview invite to LBS MiM on Friday :)

Congratz. You should go for it as LBS is very selective. Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Oct 2011
Posts: 18
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 16 Feb 2012, 22:12
sk8e wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am also applying to MBF at St.Gallen. I have also applied to LBS MiM, HEC MiF, and will try to apply to SBS, RSM and Esade too. Since HEC dinged me, St. Gallen and LBS are my best choices.

My profile:
23y, Lithuanian. GPA 9.1/10.
Toefl iBT 112, and I also can speak a little bit German, but my skills are basic.
GMAT 710
WE 8 months in sales, 19 months in one of two largest commercial banks in Lithuania. 9 months as an assistant in Large Corporates and the rest as a leasing client executive.

I wonder how big my chances are. I thought that they are pretty high, since up to now St.Gallen webpage showed that the average GMAT for MBF was 660, but now it shows that it's 720!?!

I also noticed the average score for the 2011 intake. I think a few months ago, it was not that high.( I remember the average GMAT was 670 and GRE was 740). Maybe they calculate it wrong and correct it afterwards? :-D
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: GRE- 800Q
Joined: 28 Dec 2009
Posts: 84
Schools: Delhi University
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2012, 06:02
Has anyone received the decision from HSG? This year, they have quickened up the processing of applications. Please share the status of your application.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Oct 2011
Posts: 18
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2012, 20:15
My status is still "formally completed". Maybe we should wait at least until the end of the April :-D
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 102
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 13

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2012, 01:18
Hi Guys

I am applying to the MBF program for Fall 2012 intake. I sent in my documents today. Has anyone got a confirmation yet?

Cheers!
Pradeep
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 22 Jan 2012
Posts: 56
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2012, 10:16
pradeepskunwar wrote:
Hi Guys

I am applying to the MBF program for Fall 2012 intake. I sent in my documents today. Has anyone got a confirmation yet?

Cheers!
Pradeep


The decisions are made in June. As far as I know, they do not decide anything before the deadline.
Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake   [#permalink] 06 Mar 2012, 10:16
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
HEC MIF vs St. Gallen MBF riagupta 0 09 Apr 2014, 12:18
17 University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2014 intake snowden 141 10 Nov 2013, 08:24
9 University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake Silver89 256 04 Aug 2011, 21:02
1 University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake MonSama 135 21 Feb 2013, 23:04
1 Thinking of doing the MBF, U. of St.Gallen swissstud 4 25 Oct 2012, 08:43
Display posts from previous: Sort by

University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13    Next  [ 257 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.