Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:29 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Economics
Schools:Delhi University
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
 Q49  V35 GMAT 2: 720  Q49  V39
Send PM
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink]
yeah, the admission letter specifies the supplementary courses.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
@pradeepskunwar Congratulation on your admission! Your have a really strong background. I don't have any working experiences or international experiences.
My status still remains "formally completed". Does anyone in the forum have the same application status? For my background I think it's a little difficult to get an admission for 2012 intake.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bosenyi wrote:
@pradeepskunwar Congratulation on your admission! Your have a really strong background. I don't have any working experiences or international experiences.
My status still remains "formally completed". Does anyone in the forum have the same application status? For my background I think it's a little difficult to get an admission for 2012 intake.

Strange. You applied way before I, ronnie, or pradeep did. Pradeep is admitted, and I together with ronnie have a statuses of materielle Prüfung II ok. I check it a few times per day.. Getting kind of anxious :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sk8e wrote:
bosenyi wrote:

Strange. You applied way before I, ronnie, or pradeep did. Pradeep is admitted, and I together with ronnie have a statuses of materielle Prüfung II ok. I check it a few times per day.. Getting kind of anxious :)

sk8e,
HSG admissions say that there is no need to check status regularly on service portal as one will get an automatic e-mail once the decision is updated. I know you have lost faith in their declarations ( like the one that all results will be processed in June) but I think they should be believed on this one. haha!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@sk8e: I don't know, I just sent an e-mail to ask the admission office what's the difference between these two application status. We should be patient about the outcome. I have taken the German course everyday to keep me occupied and distract from this long waiting time.Haha Hope I could meet everyone in this post in Switzerland this autumn. You could add me on FB (Bosen Yi), although I don't frequently log in Haha ( the proxy isn't very stable in China )
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bosenyi wrote:

Hey BosenYi thank you for the wishes. I wish you luck with the admissions, and hope to see you in September in St. gallen!

Cheers!
Pradeep
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Does anyone have any updates from HSG? :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys!

Congratulations to everyone who is admitted already!
I also applied fot the MBF almost two weeks ago.
My status is still "formal komplett". After approx. how many days did u receive a status update?
I also applied to HEC but in fact I really want to study in St Gallen, thats why I am so anxious about the status update :)

My profile:
Bachelor of Finance and Accounting at a german university
GMAT 720
no proper work experience apart from internships

Thank you!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
My status is still "materielle prufung II ok".

@pancackes: Congratulations for such a high GMAT score. You have very high chances of being admitted.
My status changed to "formally complete" the day they received my application. It will take atleast a month for the status to change. Since you are a German, you can exploit maximum opportunities that HSG offers. There are various courses, seminars and career events which are conducted only in German.
By the way, I'm planning to apply to University of Frankfurt's finance programme. Do you have any idea about the University or the master's programme (Masters in Money & Finance)? How is its overall reputation in Germany?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey ronnie!
Thx for the quick response!
I did my bachelor studies in Frankfurt :)
Since it the the financial center of Germany, the reputation for the Money & Finance master is really good.
The Business and Economics Faculty, is ranked for example as

TOP 500 World Universities: group 101-151
TOP 100 European Universities: group 34-56
TOP 100 German Universities: group 6-10
at the SHANGHAI RANKING

The university has lots of cooperations with companies, since many of the financial firms have ther HQ in the area.
Apart from that the campus is really beautyful and the "House of Finance" , where you would be studying is quite fancy with leather chairs and marble floors, since it is sponsered by Deutsche Bank, KPMG and other companies.

There is another univeristy in Frankfurt, Frankfurt School of Finance & Management, which is private and also has a good reputation.

Good luck with all the applications! :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
pancackes wrote:
Hey ronnie!
Since it the the financial center of Germany, the reputation for the Money & Finance master is really good.

at the SHANGHAI RANKING

The university has lots of cooperations with companies, since many of the financial firms have ther HQ in the area.
Apart from that the campus is really beautyful and the "House of Finance" , where you would be studying is quite fancy with leather chairs and marble floors, since it is sponsered by Deutsche Bank, KPMG and other companies.

There is another univeristy in Frankfurt, Frankfurt School of Finance & Management, which is private and also has a good reputation.

That's really nice to know. Thanks for the info. HSG remains my top choice but will consider Frankfurt as a fallback option. Maybe I'll get the decision from HSG by 2nd or 3rd week of April and plan accordingly.
Apart from HSG and HEC, which other universities are yo planning to apply??
Intern
Intern
Send PM
pancackes wrote:
Hey ronnie!

at the SHANGHAI RANKING

@Pancakes(auf Deutsch Pfannekuchen? :-D ) My status is also "fomarlly complete". I turned in my application last month. I think they will soon update our application status.
I'm now learning German in Beijing at B1 level. My listening and reading comprehension have made some progress after 6-month intensive training. But I find it's difficult to speak and write in German.Hope we could meet in St.Gallen this September and wish I could talk to you in some basic German by then.

Bosen
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey ,

I also hope we all get admitted and then we will be laughing about how anxious we were about those status updates! :-D
I am applying to HSG, HEC and Warwick, hope that is enough.. But HSG is definetely my favorite!
Where are you guys applying apart from HSG?
It would be so helpfull to know the profile of some students who got admitted last year, do you guys know any?

@Bosen: thumbs up for your german skills! it is such a difficult language to learn!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Today I received an admit from RSM's master in finance and investments. They gave me only two weeks to decide, so I really hope that St. Gallen will mane a final decision by then.. :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sk8e wrote:
Today I received an admit from RSM's master in finance and investments. They gave me only two weeks to decide, so I really hope that St. Gallen will mane a final decision by then.. :)

@sk8e
Congrats man!
It'll be a tough ask. I'm not sure whether a decision will be made within next 2 weeks but almost certain that it will be made by the end of April.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sk8e wrote:

Hey sk8e congratulations on the RSM admit. It's definitely a target school for studying finance. Hope you hear from HSG soon :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hey guys,
I'm still waiting for some news from Gallen. By the way, I'm exploring other options where i can apply for finance or management programs. Can anyone help me with the names of top business schools outside France and CH that are still accepting applications.
Till now, I have Mannheim and Uni Frankfurt as options. Don't know which one is better. :roll:
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts