Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 01:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
GMAt Status: Quant section
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
Schools: WBS (D)
GMAT Date: 12-30-2011
GPA: 3.2
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 94

GMAT Tests User
University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 04 Aug 2011, 21:02
This post was
BOOKMARKED

St.Gallen 2012

Add Your Name to the List

St.Gallen Applicant Summary (Real Time)

Quick Glance: GMAT Club vs. Latest Intake (Class of 2013)

Detailed Applicant List: Add Yourself to This List (add St.Gallen to your profile)

GMAT Club's Real-time Admissions Statistics

Add Your Profile to This List
Questions about this Roll Call?

hello guys

I'm gonna apply to master in banking and finance at HSG for September 2012 intake

anyone else to share ideas and get knowing each other?

How can i lose my faith in life's fairness when i know that the dreams of those who sleep on the feathers are not more beautiful than the dreams of those who sleep on the ground? - Jubran Khaleel Jubran

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 01 Sep 2011, 21:03
This post received
KUDOS
Hello Silver 89 !

I am also going to apply for this master, for the 2012 Sept intake!

Where are you from? I'm from Geneva !
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 04 Sep 2011, 06:00
This post received
KUDOS
Make that three.

Right now the only thing that really scares me is the 3-page letter of motivation.

Any thoughts on that? I think even a 1-pager without specific questions to be answered is tough. Guess we will have to dig deep in the curriculum in order to get some good paras..
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 04 Sep 2011, 22:55
i'm not sure about this information, but i heard that they don't place a lot of importance on LOM

they are using a score system . a lot of points are devoted to the Gmat score .

nowadays, i'm just preparing to the gmat
BTW, did u take gmat ? what was you score ?

and don't worry about LOM , you have plenty of time . applying starts on 1 Jan.

cheers

How can i lose my faith in life's fairness when i know that the dreams of those who sleep on the feathers are not more beautiful than the dreams of those who sleep on the ground? - Jubran Khaleel Jubran

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 05 Sep 2011, 13:27
I scored a 700 in GMAT. Im not really worried about the LOM, but according to their point-system i should be admitted directly if i manage to score 15/25 points (LOM+extracurricular activities), because gmat+gpa combined would give me around 65 points.

Anyways as u said there is plenty of time and ill backup myself by some other schools..Still HSG is my first choice, so i hope to see ya'll there..
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 05 Sep 2011, 13:34
husK wrote:
I scored a 700 in GMAT. Im not really worried about the LOM, but according to their point-system i should be admitted directly if i manage to score 15/25 points (LOM+extracurricular activities), because gmat+gpa combined would give me around 65 points.

Anyways as u said there is plenty of time and ill backup myself by some other schools..Still HSG is my first choice, so i hope to see ya'll there..

nice score :)
HSG is my first choice also
i'm applying to LSE and HEC Paris too .....

i think we will face some obstacles at HSG .... i don't know any german which is essential for networking events and even for working there.

if you have time why not to take some German language classes ?

Intern
Intern

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 06 Sep 2011, 07:55
HEC and LSE are great schools. But I heard the admission process there is way harder than at HSG though.

Acutally im a native speaker, so german wont be a prob for me :lol:
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 06 Sep 2011, 08:02
husK wrote:
HEC and LSE are great schools. But I heard the admission process there is way harder than at HSG though.

Acutally im a native speaker, so german wont be a prob for me :lol:

hahahaha lucky you ...
my native language is arabic :-D do u think it can be useful in anyway to seek work there ( in private banking for example) ?

and yes HEC and LSE are ones of the top ..... and as you said they are harder in the admission process

i heard that studying at HEC is tough

Oxford is very reputable , but i don't even think about it

Intern
Intern

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 08 Sep 2011, 08:01
I dont know. At least another fluent language wont do any harm u know.

Btw have u done ur TOEFL alrdy? That is gonna be the next thing on my checklist. Lets get those 100 points and start working on the App 8-)
Intern
Intern

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 08 Sep 2011, 23:33
Hi guys!

Since they accept both the GRE and the GMAT for the MBF, Could I ask you why you have chosen to take the GMAT instead of the GRE?

I'm actually thinking of taking the GRE, because unlike the GMAT, the GRE aslo allows to apply for the Master in Quantitative Economics and Finance. However the score required in the GRE for the Master in Quantitative Economics and Finance is lower than the score required for the MBF, therefore its gives a chance to do another great master in the university in case the GRE score is not high enough for the MBF.
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 09 Sep 2011, 02:00
husK wrote:
I dont know. At least another fluent language wont do any harm u know.

Btw have u done ur TOEFL alrdy? That is gonna be the next thing on my checklist. Lets get those 100 points and start working on the App 8-)

well if your bachelor degree was taught in english (and that's me 8-) ) or it is your native language , there is no need for TOEFL

Last edited by Silver89 on 09 Sep 2011, 02:09, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 09 Sep 2011, 02:04
basouille wrote:
Hi guys!

Since they accept both the GRE and the GMAT for the MBF, Could I ask you why you have chosen to take the GMAT instead of the GRE?

I'm actually thinking of taking the GRE, because unlike the GMAT, the GRE aslo allows to apply for the Master in Quantitative Economics and Finance. However the score required in the GRE for the Master in Quantitative Economics and Finance is lower than the score required for the MBF, therefore its gives a chance to do another great master in the university in case the GRE score is not high enough for the MBF.

hello basil
well i think gre is harder than gmat at least for me .... its verbal is very tough and studying vocab is required :?
maybe it's more suitable for you because you are applying for another masters .....

Intern
Intern

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 12 Sep 2011, 21:11
Hi Silver!

Alright, got it.

I'm actually going to apply for the master in banking and finance. However I don't need to do the language part of the exam. I'm only required to do the quantitative bit.

However if you say that GMAT i easier than the GRE for you, then go for it!

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 16 Sep 2011, 11:17
basouille wrote:
Hi Silver!

Alright, got it.

I'm actually going to apply for the master in banking and finance. However I don't need to do the language part of the exam. I'm only required to do the quantitative bit.

However if you say that GMAT i easier than the GRE for you, then go for it!

Posted from my mobile device Image

what to do with the verbal section ? leave it blank or choose answers randomly ????
BTW they require at least 760 on the GRE quant

Manager
Manager
Schools: Delhi University
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2011, 06:01
I'm also applying for MBF starting 2012. 23/M/Indian, 3 years of work ex. I request everyone to give their introduction.
Do all securing more than 760 on GRE Quant get admission? Is there anyone who got more than that but got rejected?
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2011, 06:14
ronnie987 wrote:
I'm also applying for MBF starting 2012. 23/M/Indian, 3 years of work ex. I request everyone to give their introduction.
Do all securing more than 760 on GRE Quant get admission? Is there anyone who got more than that but got rejected?

well, i mailed them and they told me that it's the minimum , and higher score means higher chance

Manager
Manager

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2011, 06:16
Hi silver89,
Thanks. Pls introduce yourself.
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2011, 06:17
ronnie987 wrote:
Hi silver89,
Thanks. Pls introduce yourself.

I have no work experience 22 years/ M / Syrian

Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2011, 06:21
by the way, nice to meet you man
i'm preparing for the GRE , what about you ?

Manager
Manager

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2011, 06:24
Hi,
I appeared for GRE on 23rd Sep, without any sort of prepration. I got 710-800 in GRE. Final scores on Nov 10. Im confused as I don't know whether i have to reappear for GRE. Any idea you have as to what score this range will translate into?
Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake   [#permalink] 04 Oct 2011, 06:24