Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Sep 2014, 18:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Jan 2012
Posts: 17
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2013, 06:08
vaskobg wrote:
Well, I applied in the first half of February, and my status still has not changed from „formal vollständig“. Should I be worried?


I think it does not hurt giving the Admission Office a call/email to check if everything is ok.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Sep 2012
Posts: 8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 16 Apr 2013, 00:23
kevinnivek wrote:
vaskobg wrote:
Well, I applied in the first half of February, and my status still has not changed from „formal vollständig“. Should I be worried?


I think it does not hurt giving the Admission Office a call/email to check if everything is ok.

Yeah, you are right. I wrote them an email about 2 weeks ago and they told me that the answers should start comming in may/june. But I think they should have at least moved me to "materielle prüfung ok"
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Nov 2011
Posts: 1
Schools: LBS '14
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 5

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 16 Apr 2013, 07:47
Good day to everybody!

I'am also applying to MBF and Writing the motivation letter now...

In CV form is written:
"In order for the information you provided in this CV to be assessed for your application, please provide supporting documentation for each item. All supporting documentation must be numbered and be listed with the corresponding number in the Appendices section below."

It will be impossible to provide documents to support extracurricular activities ( course leader, some volonteer work)?
Did anybody encounter the same problem?

And which kind of documents did you provide to support your work experience?

Thank you an advance!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Jan 2012
Posts: 17
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2013, 06:54
dimstone wrote:
Good day to everybody!

I'am also applying to MBF and Writing the motivation letter now...

In CV form is written:
"In order for the information you provided in this CV to be assessed for your application, please provide supporting documentation for each item. All supporting documentation must be numbered and be listed with the corresponding number in the Appendices section below."

It will be impossible to provide documents to support extracurricular activities ( course leader, some volonteer work)?
Did anybody encounter the same problem?

And which kind of documents did you provide to support your work experience?

Thank you an advance!


Hi dimstone, if it helps, I did not provide proof for things I put in my CV ;) It's just not practical. But that does not mean your CV can be made up of imaginary stuff :D
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Mar 2013
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2013, 06:59
My application status has changed to 'zugelassen mit vorbehalt'. I guess I am admited :D Hurray! ^_^
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Apr 2013
Posts: 8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2013, 07:40
Congratulations coolair!! Tell me your exact name on facebook so that I can invite you to the mbf group! I am looking forward to meet you in st gallen!

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 20 Sep 2012
Posts: 51
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: HSG '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.37
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 34

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2013, 03:51
Congrats to the ones who got admitted.
I will complete my application next week. Hope I will receive the answer in June.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 20 Sep 2012
Posts: 51
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: HSG '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.37
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 34

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2013, 19:51
betzlain wrote:
@ foars
Good luck for the upcoming GMAT, stay motivated :) !!
I got a 710 in my first attempt and was not admitted before april.

Hi betzlain. Can you provide more information about your background (GPA, Extracurricular activities...). I'm worried about my GPA and don't know how they will convert my score to 6-scale.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Apr 2013
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2013, 00:47
Hei guys,

I am applying as well this year... I just wanted to say that my friend received an unofficial admission confirmation as well. So hopefully, more will be coming out soon... Though I am not sure as the application deadline is at the end of April.

By any chance, do you know what criteria you have fulfill in order to have a serious chance for a fellowship?

Thx

P.S. Should I be worried if I submitted the application at the end of Feb and still haven't heard a word? I got 170 in GRE-Q and have the best class average while working full-time... I just thought that the decisions will not be out until the application deadline is over... It kind of got me worried reading so many people already received admission confirmation...
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 20 Sep 2012
Posts: 51
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: HSG '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.37
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 34

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2013, 07:06
koudelt wrote:
Hei guys,

I am applying as well this year... I just wanted to say that my friend received an unofficial admission confirmation as well. So hopefully, more will be coming out soon... Though I am not sure as the application deadline is at the end of April.

By any chance, do you know what criteria you have fulfill in order to have a serious chance for a fellowship?

Thx

P.S. Should I be worried if I submitted the application at the end of Feb and still haven't heard a word? I got 170 in GRE-Q and have the best class average while working full-time... I just thought that the decisions will not be out until the application deadline is over... It kind of got me worried reading so many people already received admission confirmation...


Just be patient. It doesn't mean that you are likely to fail (especially with your maximum score in GRE criteria).
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Dec 2012
Posts: 4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2013, 09:09
Hey guys, do you know if the motivation letter is to be submitted with the HSG template?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 20 Sep 2012
Posts: 51
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: HSG '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.37
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 34

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2013, 10:21
Rand91 wrote:
Hey guys, do you know if the motivation letter is to be submitted with the HSG template?

Hi Rand91, what do you mean by "template"? I just directly fill in the file download on HSG's website :-D
Have you submitted your application? I apply a bit late and my status is formally complete now. Hope I will get the result soon.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Sep 2012
Posts: 8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2013, 04:23
My status just changed from "formall vollständig" to "zugelassen mit vorbehalt" ! :) I guess I will see you there!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Apr 2013
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2013, 06:00
vaskobg wrote:
My status just changed from "formall vollständig" to "zugelassen mit vorbehalt" ! :) I guess I will see you there!


Congratulations!

When the status changed did you receive any notification by email or do I have to continue checking HSG's webpage?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Sep 2012
Posts: 8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2013, 06:24
koudelt wrote:
vaskobg wrote:
My status just changed from "formall vollständig" to "zugelassen mit vorbehalt" ! :) I guess I will see you there!


Congratulations!

When the status changed did you receive any notification by email or do I have to continue checking HSG's webpage?

Thanks!
Unfortunately absolutely no notifications, you must keep checking your status manually on serviceportal. unisg.ch/base.aspx , best of luck! ;)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 16
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 22

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2013, 16:59
I have received the admission letter from HSG and invoice for the first semester :D
My supplementary courses include Research method, finance, macroecon II and european economic law. How about you guys?
And, we do have to provide evidence of German A1 before we graduate. :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Apr 2013
Posts: 11
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2013, 04:20
quoctuams wrote:
I have received the admission letter from HSG and invoice for the first semester :D
My supplementary courses include Research method, finance, macroecon II and european economic law. How about you guys?
And, we do have to provide evidence of German A1 before we graduate. :)

Congratulations, im sure you wont have any problems with the supplementary courses. I applied at 8/4 and still no answer, how long did they do to give u an answer?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 16
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 22

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2013, 04:28
kostaspamp wrote:
quoctuams wrote:
I have received the admission letter from HSG and invoice for the first semester :D
My supplementary courses include Research method, finance, macroecon II and european economic law. How about you guys?
And, we do have to provide evidence of German A1 before we graduate. :)

Congratulations, im sure you wont have any problems with the supplementary courses. I applied at 8/4 and still no answer, how long did they do to give u an answer?


I applied in early March and after 2 weeks my status changed to "materielle Prüfung II ok". Then it was changed again to "zugelassen mit Vorbehalt" in mid April :)
Finally I received the admission letter yesterday.
HTH
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Apr 2013
Posts: 11
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2013, 07:18
quoctuams wrote:
kostaspamp wrote:
quoctuams wrote:
I have received the admission letter from HSG and invoice for the first semester :D
My supplementary courses include Research method, finance, macroecon II and european economic law. How about you guys?
And, we do have to provide evidence of German A1 before we graduate. :)

Congratulations, im sure you wont have any problems with the supplementary courses. I applied at 8/4 and still no answer, how long did they do to give u an answer?


I applied in early March and after 2 weeks my status changed to "materielle Prüfung II ok". Then it was changed again to "zugelassen mit Vorbehalt" in mid April :)
Finally I received the admission letter yesterday.
HTH

Again congratz! Does materialle prufung II ok means that u got accepted? i dont speak any German at all and i cant find an explanation in english. I am a bit concerned that my status hasn't changed yet. Its been 3 weeks since i applied... :(
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 16
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 22

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2013, 22:01
kostaspamp wrote:
quoctuams wrote:
kostaspamp wrote:
I applied in early March and after 2 weeks my status changed to "materielle Prüfung II ok". Then it was changed again to "zugelassen mit Vorbehalt" in mid April :)
Finally I received the admission letter yesterday.
HTH

Again congratz! Does materialle prufung II ok means that u got accepted? i dont speak any German at all and i cant find an explanation in english. I am a bit concerned that my status hasn't changed yet. Its been 3 weeks since i applied... :(


I believe "Materialle prufung II ok" means your documents have been transfered from HSG adcom to MBF adcom. Maybe the reason your status hasnt changed yet is that there are 2 application rounds (1 for those applied before April and 1 for those applied after that). I guess all application received after April will be reviewed together and HSG will announce the result in May-June.
Just my guess :D
Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake   [#permalink] 28 Apr 2013, 22:01
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
17 University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2014 intake snowden 140 10 Nov 2013, 08:24
1 Thinking of doing the MBF, U. of St.Gallen swissstud 4 25 Oct 2012, 08:43
Experts publish their posts in the topic University of St.Gallen 2013-Calling All Applicants souvik101990 2 23 Oct 2012, 12:09
9 University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake Silver89 256 04 Aug 2011, 21:02
Display posts from previous: Sort by

University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7    Next  [ 136 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.