Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:07 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink]
Today the official E-mail from St.Gallen came in, together with a .pdf "Notification: Decision concerning Admission and Supplementary work".
However, there wasn't any information regarding potential supplementary work. Do you think that they are sending the supplementary work requirements only with the physical copy of the admission letter, or I am lucky and there is not additional coursework to be done? Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.37
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
vaskobg wrote:
Today the official E-mail from St.Gallen came in, together with a .pdf "Notification: Decision concerning Admission and Supplementary work".
However, there wasn't any information regarding potential supplementary work. Do you think that they are sending the supplementary work requirements only with the physical copy of the admission letter, or I am lucky and there is not additional coursework to be done? Thanks!

My friend received an official letter containing information regarding supplementary work. Perhaps you are lucky. However your case is weird since Basket A only contains students from CEMS universities (not sure :-D ).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Really excited to see everyone being admitted while my application status is still "formally complete" :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
you received an email? i received an admission letter 2 weeks ago but no email :)
i received a list of supplementary courses that says "0 ECTS" - so no supplemetary work i guess.
they also mention a language course, which is weird because i speak german lol
Intern
Intern
Send PM
wenmi wrote:
you received an email? i received an admission letter 2 weeks ago but no email :)
i received a list of supplementary courses that says "0 ECTS" - so no supplemetary work i guess.

According to Language Requirements document, Students at the University of St.Gallen must provide evidence of two foreign languages, one language at a lower level and one at a higher level(Level I and Level II). Courses and examinations shall be provided in various foreign languages.
https://www.unisg.ch/~/media/Internet/Co ... ashx?fl=en
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thanks. ok so i guess they didn't accept my french courses for the lower level requirements.
i hope this does not involve too many extra work
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
Send PM
Congrats to all the admits! If you do not mind, you can pm me your FB details and I can add you to HSG MBF 2013 group. We already have a few members there and it's great to know our future classmates sooner rather than later =D

Cheers.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MonSama, Wenmi, thanks for your feedback! Really weird :D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MonSama wrote:
wenmi wrote:

According to Language Requirements document, Students at the University of St.Gallen must provide evidence of two foreign languages, one language at a lower level and one at a higher level(Level I and Level II). Courses and examinations shall be provided in various foreign languages.

Wait, does this mean I cant be admited if i dont speak any other languages besides my mother language and English? I didnt see any referance to something like that in the MBF page.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kostaspamp wrote:
MonSama wrote:
wenmi wrote:

Wait, does this mean I cant be admited if i dont speak any other languages besides my mother language and English? I didnt see any referance to something like that in the MBF page.

No, what it means is that you need to pass at least A1-level exam for a second foreign language in order to graduate from the program. It is not a requirement for admission.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
is it really only level A1 ? that would be really easy
Intern
Intern
Send PM
wenmi wrote:
is it really only level A1 ? that would be really easy

Yes, that's stated in my admission letter. In my case I need German at A1.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone,
Congrats to all who have been accepted!
I submitted my applications last minute on 30th April and my status is materielle Prüfung II ok..
Eagerly waiting for the acceptance. Hope to see you guys there!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
WinnieT wrote:
Hi everyone,
I submitted my applications last minute on 30th April and my status is materielle Prüfung II ok..

Hi~ I submitted my documents about a month ago, and my online status remains to be materielle Prüfung II ok. Good luck to you and it seems that the decision will come in any moment, so the only thing we have to do is waiting :) .
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you, Albert :) Good luck to you too!

AlbertJiang wrote:
WinnieT wrote:
Hi everyone,

Hi~ I submitted my documents about a month ago, and my online status remains to be materielle Prüfung II ok. Good luck to you and it seems that the decision will come in any moment, so the only thing we have to do is waiting :) .
Intern
Intern
Send PM
WinnieT wrote:
Thank you, Albert :) Good luck to you too!

AlbertJiang wrote:
WinnieT wrote:
Hi everyone,

Ok, they start to annoy me... I applied at the beginning of march and still don't have even materielle Prüfung II ok though my admission is pretty clear... Anyone else in this situation?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
koudelt wrote:

Ok, they start to annoy me... I applied at the beginning of march and still don't have even materielle Prüfung II ok though my admission is pretty clear... Anyone else in this situation?

For my situation, I submitted all my documents in mid March, and my online application status changed to formal complete. On Apr. 19, the admission office sent me an e-mail and asked for additional materials. Having submitted the additional materials, my online status changed to materielle Prüfung II ok.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts