Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 17:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 16
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 22

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2013, 22:01
kostaspamp wrote:
quoctuams wrote:
kostaspamp wrote:
I applied in early March and after 2 weeks my status changed to "materielle Prüfung II ok". Then it was changed again to "zugelassen mit Vorbehalt" in mid April :)
Finally I received the admission letter yesterday.
HTH

Again congratz! Does materialle prufung II ok means that u got accepted? i dont speak any German at all and i cant find an explanation in english. I am a bit concerned that my status hasn't changed yet. Its been 3 weeks since i applied... :(


I believe "Materialle prufung II ok" means your documents have been transfered from HSG adcom to MBF adcom. Maybe the reason your status hasnt changed yet is that there are 2 application rounds (1 for those applied before April and 1 for those applied after that). I guess all application received after April will be reviewed together and HSG will announce the result in May-June.
Just my guess :D
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Apr 2013
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2013, 01:49
Well, I applied end of Feb (paid March 5th approx) and I still have "formally complete" in my application... So your theory is not completely working ;)
BTW: If you click on the icon "Info PDF", there is translation from german to english, including explanation ;)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Apr 2013
Posts: 8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2013, 06:11
Hello everyone, it's really a surprise to find this forum and come to know those who are applying for MBF at HSG! Congratulations to admits and good luck to everyone still under processing.

I’m a senior undergraduate from mainland China and submitted my application documents in late March. Currently my application status shown on the service portal has changed from formal complete to materielle Prüfung II ok. Though I understand that admission may take a few weeks, I’m still a little bit anxious and hope that the decision will come soon, as I want to schedule in advance German learning, visa and also the housing and crediting at HSG.

Good luck to everyone and I really hope to meet you at HSG in September :-D

Albert
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Sep 2012
Posts: 8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 06 May 2013, 06:41
Today the official E-mail from St.Gallen came in, together with a .pdf "Notification: Decision concerning Admission and Supplementary work".
However, there wasn't any information regarding potential supplementary work. Do you think that they are sending the supplementary work requirements only with the physical copy of the admission letter, or I am lucky and there is not additional coursework to be done? Thanks!
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 20 Sep 2012
Posts: 51
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: HSG '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.37
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 34

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 06 May 2013, 06:48
vaskobg wrote:
Today the official E-mail from St.Gallen came in, together with a .pdf "Notification: Decision concerning Admission and Supplementary work".
However, there wasn't any information regarding potential supplementary work. Do you think that they are sending the supplementary work requirements only with the physical copy of the admission letter, or I am lucky and there is not additional coursework to be done? Thanks!

My friend received an official letter containing information regarding supplementary work. Perhaps you are lucky. However your case is weird since Basket A only contains students from CEMS universities (not sure :-D ).
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 20 Sep 2012
Posts: 51
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: HSG '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.37
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 34

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 06 May 2013, 06:51
Really excited to see everyone being admitted while my application status is still "formally complete" :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Dec 2011
Posts: 5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 06 May 2013, 11:04
you received an email? i received an admission letter 2 weeks ago but no email :)
i received a list of supplementary courses that says "0 ECTS" - so no supplemetary work i guess.
they also mention a language course, which is weird because i speak german lol
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 20 Sep 2012
Posts: 51
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: HSG '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.37
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 34

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 06 May 2013, 11:22
wenmi wrote:
you received an email? i received an admission letter 2 weeks ago but no email :)
i received a list of supplementary courses that says "0 ECTS" - so no supplemetary work i guess.
they also mention a language course, which is weird because i speak german lol

According to Language Requirements document, Students at the University of St.Gallen must provide evidence of two foreign languages, one language at a lower level and one at a higher level(Level I and Level II). Courses and examinations shall be provided in various foreign languages.
http://www.unisg.ch/~/media/Internet/Co ... ashx?fl=en
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Dec 2011
Posts: 5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 06 May 2013, 11:56
thanks. ok so i guess they didn't accept my french courses for the lower level requirements.
i hope this does not involve too many extra work
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Jan 2012
Posts: 17
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 06 May 2013, 12:36
Congrats to all the admits! If you do not mind, you can pm me your FB details and I can add you to HSG MBF 2013 group. We already have a few members there and it's great to know our future classmates sooner rather than later =D

Cheers.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Sep 2012
Posts: 8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 06 May 2013, 14:01
MonSama, Wenmi, thanks for your feedback! Really weird :D
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Apr 2013
Posts: 11
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 07 May 2013, 11:11
MonSama wrote:
wenmi wrote:
you received an email? i received an admission letter 2 weeks ago but no email :)
i received a list of supplementary courses that says "0 ECTS" - so no supplemetary work i guess.
they also mention a language course, which is weird because i speak german lol

According to Language Requirements document, Students at the University of St.Gallen must provide evidence of two foreign languages, one language at a lower level and one at a higher level(Level I and Level II). Courses and examinations shall be provided in various foreign languages.
http://www.unisg.ch/~/media/Internet/Co ... ashx?fl=en

Wait, does this mean I cant be admited if i dont speak any other languages besides my mother language and English? I didnt see any referance to something like that in the MBF page.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Jan 2012
Posts: 17
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 07 May 2013, 11:53
kostaspamp wrote:
MonSama wrote:
wenmi wrote:
you received an email? i received an admission letter 2 weeks ago but no email :)
i received a list of supplementary courses that says "0 ECTS" - so no supplemetary work i guess.
they also mention a language course, which is weird because i speak german lol

According to Language Requirements document, Students at the University of St.Gallen must provide evidence of two foreign languages, one language at a lower level and one at a higher level(Level I and Level II). Courses and examinations shall be provided in various foreign languages.
http://www.unisg.ch/~/media/Internet/Co ... ashx?fl=en

Wait, does this mean I cant be admited if i dont speak any other languages besides my mother language and English? I didnt see any referance to something like that in the MBF page.


No, what it means is that you need to pass at least A1-level exam for a second foreign language in order to graduate from the program. It is not a requirement for admission.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Dec 2011
Posts: 5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 07 May 2013, 14:06
is it really only level A1 ? that would be really easy
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Jan 2012
Posts: 17
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 08 May 2013, 10:43
wenmi wrote:
is it really only level A1 ? that would be really easy


Yes, that's stated in my admission letter. In my case I need German at A1.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Jan 2013
Posts: 8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 12 May 2013, 19:48
Hi everyone,
Congrats to all who have been accepted!
I submitted my applications last minute on 30th April and my status is materielle Prüfung II ok..
Eagerly waiting for the acceptance. Hope to see you guys there!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Apr 2013
Posts: 8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 12 May 2013, 21:15
WinnieT wrote:
Hi everyone,
Congrats to all who have been accepted!
I submitted my applications last minute on 30th April and my status is materielle Prüfung II ok..
Eagerly waiting for the acceptance. Hope to see you guys there!

Hi~ I submitted my documents about a month ago, and my online status remains to be materielle Prüfung II ok. Good luck to you and it seems that the decision will come in any moment, so the only thing we have to do is waiting :) .
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Jan 2013
Posts: 8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 12 May 2013, 22:03
Thank you, Albert :) Good luck to you too!


AlbertJiang wrote:
WinnieT wrote:
Hi everyone,
Congrats to all who have been accepted!
I submitted my applications last minute on 30th April and my status is materielle Prüfung II ok..
Eagerly waiting for the acceptance. Hope to see you guys there!

Hi~ I submitted my documents about a month ago, and my online status remains to be materielle Prüfung II ok. Good luck to you and it seems that the decision will come in any moment, so the only thing we have to do is waiting :) .
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Apr 2013
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 12 May 2013, 23:23
WinnieT wrote:
Thank you, Albert :) Good luck to you too!


AlbertJiang wrote:
WinnieT wrote:
Hi everyone,
Congrats to all who have been accepted!
I submitted my applications last minute on 30th April and my status is materielle Prüfung II ok..
Eagerly waiting for the acceptance. Hope to see you guys there!

Hi~ I submitted my documents about a month ago, and my online status remains to be materielle Prüfung II ok. Good luck to you and it seems that the decision will come in any moment, so the only thing we have to do is waiting :) .


Ok, they start to annoy me... I applied at the beginning of march and still don't have even materielle Prüfung II ok though my admission is pretty clear... Anyone else in this situation?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Apr 2013
Posts: 8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 13 May 2013, 00:13
koudelt wrote:

Ok, they start to annoy me... I applied at the beginning of march and still don't have even materielle Prüfung II ok though my admission is pretty clear... Anyone else in this situation?


For my situation, I submitted all my documents in mid March, and my online application status changed to formal complete. On Apr. 19, the admission office sent me an e-mail and asked for additional materials. Having submitted the additional materials, my online status changed to materielle Prüfung II ok.
Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake   [#permalink] 13 May 2013, 00:13
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
17 University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2014 intake snowden 141 10 Nov 2013, 08:24
1 Thinking of doing the MBF, U. of St.Gallen swissstud 4 25 Oct 2012, 08:43
Experts publish their posts in the topic University of St.Gallen 2013-Calling All Applicants souvik101990 2 23 Oct 2012, 12:09
9 University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake Silver89 256 04 Aug 2011, 21:02
Display posts from previous: Sort by

University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7    Next  [ 136 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.