Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 12:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 13 May 2013, 00:21
AlbertJiang wrote:
koudelt wrote:

Ok, they start to annoy me... I applied at the beginning of march and still don't have even materielle Prüfung II ok though my admission is pretty clear... Anyone else in this situation?

For my situation, I submitted all my documents in mid March, and my online application status changed to formal complete. On Apr. 19, the admission office sent me an e-mail and asked for additional materials. Having submitted the additional materials, my online status changed to materielle Prüfung II ok.

Besides, the admission process seems to be really wierd. Based on previous posts I find that, those who applied early does not necessarily recieve admission decisions earlier than others. I guess maybe it means that some distinguished applicants may receive early decisions, and offers may be send in several rounds.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 13 May 2013, 01:57
vaskobg wrote:
My status just changed from "formall vollständig" to "zugelassen mit vorbehalt" ! :) I guess I will see you there!

Hmm...
As I may infer from the post by vaskobg the status may be changed directly to "zugelassen mit vorbehalt" without "materielle Prüfung II ok".
Intern
Intern

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 13 May 2013, 02:55
villa1 wrote:
vaskobg wrote:
My status just changed from "formall vollständig" to "zugelassen mit vorbehalt" ! :) I guess I will see you there!

Hmm...
As I may infer from the post by vaskobg the status may be changed directly to "zugelassen mit vorbehalt" without "materielle Prüfung II ok".

yep, it was directly
Intern
Intern

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 13 May 2013, 06:46
@koudelt
Sorry to hear that..Probably something wrong with the system?
I submitted most of the documents on the 29th April except 2 which I couldn't upload so I called them on the 30th April and emailed the 2 documents via email. I got a 'formal complete' on the 2nd of May and a saw that it changed to 'materielle Prüfung II' yesterday..
Intern
Intern

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 13 May 2013, 06:57
WinnieT wrote:
@koudelt
Sorry to hear that..Probably something wrong with the system?
I submitted most of the documents on the 29th April except 2 which I couldn't upload so I called them on the 30th April and emailed the 2 documents via email. I got a 'formal complete' on the 2nd of May and a saw that it changed to 'materielle Prüfung II' yesterday..

Well, I emailed them last Monday to see if everything was ok and they just told me to be patient and wait... So I guess the system is just fine...
Intern
Intern

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 13 May 2013, 13:29
Hi guys,
Congrats to everyone accepted! I'm still waiting for the results, I applied only on the 28th of April. When do you think I'll receive an answer?

And the most important thing: how do they decide whether people have to do supplementary work? I'll be having a Bachelor in Finance in June, from Bocconi University. Do you think I'll need to do hard supplementary stuff?

Thank you and good luck
Intern
Intern

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 13 May 2013, 17:27
Hi~ I checked my online status several hours ago and it has changed to 'zugelassen mit Vorbehalt', I guess the formal admission letter will be sent when I submit my undergraduate degree. Up to now, I haven't received any e-mail concerning the admission decision.
Intern
Intern

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 13 May 2013, 22:29
@ AlbertJiang
Congrats to your admission! You will receive a formal admission letter, but it took mine about two weeks at least until it arrived!
Tell me your fb nick or fb email address so that I can add you to the fb group HSG Master Banking and Finance
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: HSG '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.37
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 34

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 14 May 2013, 04:19
WinnieT wrote:
Hi everyone,
Congrats to all who have been accepted!
I submitted my applications last minute on 30th April and my status is materielle Prüfung II ok..
Eagerly waiting for the acceptance. Hope to see you guys there!

wow, I submitted 1 week earlier than you did but my status is still formally complete :-D
Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 14 May 2013, 04:27
eduardmelli wrote:
Hi guys,
Congrats to everyone accepted! I'm still waiting for the results, I applied only on the 28th of April. When do you think I'll receive an answer?

And the most important thing: how do they decide whether people have to do supplementary work? I'll be having a Bachelor in Finance in June, from Bocconi University. Do you think I'll need to do hard supplementary stuff?

Thank you and good luck

The decision is based on your undergraduate subjects and the core subjects of Economics and Business Administration majors at HSG :-D
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 22

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 14 May 2013, 05:04
I received offer via email from HSG on April 25th, but haven't received the physical one by mail yet. Should I be worried? =_=

And to add some infos to Mon Sama post, the following points are extracted from HSG admission rules:

Quote:
Definition of the Bachelor’s degree in the same subject: allocation to basket A (same subject as a
Bachelor’s degree from the HSG) is only possible if the degree has been obtained from a CEMS
university or one of a selection of partner universities, and if evidence of work amounting to a
minimum of 120 credits from all four core areas can be provided. Minimum and maximum levels
of core subjects:
• Business Administration: 60 to 90 credits
• Economics: 15 to 25 credits
• Law: 15 to 25 credits
• Statistics/Mathematics: 10 to 20 credits
Definition of the Bachelor’s degree in a similar subject according to type B: allocation to basket B
is possible if evidence of work amounting to a minimum of 90 credits from three out of four core
areas can be provided. Minimum and maximum levels of core subjects:
• Business Administration: 45 to 90 credits (with a minimum of 45 credits)
Definition of the Bachelor’s degree in a partially similar subject according to type C: allocation to
basket C is effected if evidence of work amounting to a minimum of 60 credits from two out of
four core areas can be provided. Minimum and maximum levels of core subjects:
• Business Administration: 30 to 60 credits (with a minimum of 30 credits)
Applicants who hold a Master’s degree in a different major and applicants who hold a HSG
Bachelor's degree in a different major are allocated to basket C. HSG students who change majors/programmes are able to have HSG courses credited to them.
Work done extramurally cannot be credited in baskets B and C.
Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 14 May 2013, 05:32
quoctuams wrote:
I received offer via email from HSG on April 25th, but haven't received the physical one by mail yet. Should I be worried? =_=

And to add some infos to Mon Sama post, the following points are extracted from HSG admission rules:

Quote:
Definition of the Bachelor’s degree in the same subject: allocation to basket A (same subject as a
Bachelor’s degree from the HSG) is only possible if the degree has been obtained from a CEMS
university or one of a selection of partner universities, and if evidence of work amounting to a
minimum of 120 credits from all four core areas can be provided. Minimum and maximum levels
of core subjects:
• Business Administration: 60 to 90 credits
Definition of the Bachelor’s degree in a similar subject according to type B: allocation to basket B
is possible if evidence of work amounting to a minimum of 90 credits from three out of four core
areas can be provided. Minimum and maximum levels of core subjects:
• Business Administration: 45 to 90 credits (with a minimum of 45 credits)
Definition of the Bachelor’s degree in a partially similar subject according to type C: allocation to
basket C is effected if evidence of work amounting to a minimum of 60 credits from two out of
four core areas can be provided. Minimum and maximum levels of core subjects:
• Business Administration: 30 to 60 credits (with a minimum of 30 credits)
Applicants who hold a Master’s degree in a different major and applicants who hold a HSG
Bachelor's degree in a different major are allocated to basket C. HSG students who change majors/programmes are able to have HSG courses credited to them.
Work done extramurally cannot be credited in baskets B and C.

You should ask HSG whether they sent physical letter since sending via normal airmail often take only 10 to 15 days.
Intern
Intern

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 14 May 2013, 07:24
quoctuams wrote:

Quote:

Was there any information regarding supplementary work in your e-mail admission letter?
Intern
Intern

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 14 May 2013, 07:28
vaskobg wrote:
quoctuams wrote:

Quote:

Was there any information regarding supplementary work in your e-mail admission letter?

Yes, there was. I have to take 4 supplementary courses and pass them by the end of first year.
Intern
Intern

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 14 May 2013, 08:59
AlbertJiang wrote:
Hi~ I checked my online status several hours ago and it has changed to 'zugelassen mit Vorbehalt', I guess the formal admission letter will be sent when I submit my undergraduate degree. Up to now, I haven't received any e-mail concerning the admission decision.

Congratulations! :-D
Intern
Intern

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 14 May 2013, 23:12
WinnieT wrote:
AlbertJiang wrote:

Congratulations! :-D

Thank you~ and hope we will meet in St. Gallen this September!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 4

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 20 May 2013, 23:36
I finally submited my documents on the last day (30th april) and still have "formal vollständig". Technically I could be admitted directly since I got a GRE 170 Q and have a GPA of 5.3/6.0... For some reason though nothing for the moment. I sure hope I will have some news soon !
Intern
Intern

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 21 May 2013, 00:18
jeremystaub28 wrote:
I finally submited my documents on the last day (30th april) and still have "formal vollständig". Technically I could be admitted directly since I got a GRE 170 Q and have a GPA of 5.3/6.0... For some reason though nothing for the moment. I sure hope I will have some news soon !

Hei Jeremy,

I submitted my application in early March and I only received "materielle prufung II ok" (or however it is written) last friday and still do not have admission confirmed though my situation is similar to yours - GRE Q170 and GPA somewhere between 5.5-6 (depending on classes considered, different grading system in my country). I am explaining the situation to myself by the fact that we are probably being considered for the fellowship and that is why it takes so much time...

See u in the fall ;)
Intern
Intern

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 23 May 2013, 07:31
My status was changed to zugelassen mit Vorbehalt this morning! :) I didn't get any email yet though. How long does it take for a formal acceptance email to follow?

Thank you in advance and good luck, everyone :D
Intern
Intern

Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink] New post 23 May 2013, 07:41
Congraz WinnieT :D
In my case, the official notification email came about 1 week after the status changed.
Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake   [#permalink] 23 May 2013, 07:41