Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Oct 2014, 00:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

University of Washington Foster school

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: University of Washington Foster school [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2008, 17:13
Congrats westsider! Are you planning to matriculate?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 0

Re: University of Washington Foster school [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2008, 17:14
Tough call. Got a great offer with $$ and more from vandy. But my spouse will stay in seattle whichever I attend. (She is very supportive of me attending either program)
Intern
Intern

Re: University of Washington Foster school [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2008, 17:18
Did she mention anything about scholarships to you? She didn't to me, but I'm not sure if that means I didn't receive one or if they'll come out with the e-mail/admissions packets that are still to come.

Leaving your spouse behind has to be a tough choice. :? Good luck with your decision!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: University of Washington Foster school [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2008, 17:39
I don't think she did. I actually listened to the message she left on my voicemail.. .over the in-computer speaker at work (the one that beeps when you turn the machine on). I must have looked like an idiot climbing under my desk like that =)
Intern
Intern

Re: University of Washington Foster school [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2008, 17:57
I received an acceptance call just a few minutes ago too!! There was no mention of scholarship aid so I actually asked. The adcom member I spoke with said that the scholarship decisions were not ready yet, but that we would hear within the next two weeks. I don't know if she said that because she didn't want to be mean and tell me I wasn't getting a scholarship, or if thats actually the case, but I'm not going to worry about it now.

I was really impressed with the UW students I met on a visit up to the campus last weekend, the campus was great (the actual b-school building excepted, which still seemed alright just not up to the standard of the rest of campus), & Seattle is an awesome city. UW seems to be just so close to breaking into the top 20 based on their admissions standards and the strength of their recruiting connections in Seattle, but like you guys I am concerned with how well the name will travel outside the PNW. I will say that the students at UW seem to be the equal of those at the top 20 schools I visited in terms of previous career success/GMAT score/academic background.

I'm still waiting on a decisions from Haas & CMU for R2, and I'll need to compare the scholarship/aid to the other top 30-40ish ranked school I've been admitted too, but baring an admit at Haas (long shot) or Tepper (probably 50/50) I think I will be at UW next year.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: University of Washington Foster school [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2008, 18:16
jc2010 - I didn't see your post at 5:11.It looks like we were both typing at the same time. Congrats!
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: University of Washington Foster school [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2008, 06:22
jc2010 wrote:
jjanders, good luck with your app! If you need any pointers on Seattle, let me know--I may be able to point you toward some cheaper neighborhoods and such if cost of living is a concern.

Thanks.

Interesting that you all are getting calls - I was told during my interview all contact would be made by e-mail!

I visited Seattle last March and loved it (part of the reason I applied to UW, planing on relocating out there no matter what), but if you want to PM me with some nice, safe, reasonably priced areas that'd be great. My g/f will be attending Bastyr, so something in between Kenmore and the U District would be preferable....thanks!
Manager
Manager

Re: University of Washington Foster school [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2008, 15:07
Just got my decision.

Denied.

WTF. I had above average scores, good experience, had a good interview (or so I thought).

0/4, dinged on every application.

Time for a beer.
SVP
SVP
Schools: NYU Stern '11
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 205 [0], given: 22

Re: University of Washington Foster school [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2008, 15:29
sorry to hear that, jjanders. you applied to 5 schools, then?
Manager
Manager

Re: University of Washington Foster school [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2008, 15:32
solaris1 wrote:

Four. This one was the last decision I was waiting on.
SVP
SVP
Schools: NYU Stern '11
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 205 [0], given: 22

Re: University of Washington Foster school [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2008, 15:59
Didn't you apply to HBS, Yale, Johnson and Wharton, too? I'm just curious, and very surprised you were dinged at Foster. They probably pulled a 'yield protect' on you.

jjanders wrote:
solaris1 wrote:

Four. This one was the last decision I was waiting on.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: University of Washington Foster school [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2008, 12:50
Hello all, just reposting to bump this thread up - and see if we can find any other Foster Applied/Admitted students!
Manager
Manager

Re: University of Washington Foster school [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2008, 13:31
Checking in! I'm on vacation right now...TRYING to work on my R4 app.

I know...R4. I was planning to turn in my app for R3...but I was persuaded to try the GMAT one more time. I ended up focusing on it so much that I really couldn't work on an app and study at the same time.

I'm currently gathering all the necessary info and prep for the 3/15 deadline.

We'll see what happens I guess.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: University of Washington Foster school [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2008, 07:58
Its gr8 2 see UW thread in the front page. M comin back to gmatclub after a long time n m surprised 2 c UW in the front. This is the only school apart from Yale that I applied 2. Got a ding from Yale but honestly i wudnt hv been able 2 afford Yale even had I got in. I had all my bets on an admit from UW n I got it. I hv no choice but 2 go there coz m an international student n i hv my family in Seattle. For someone travellin 2 States for the 1st time its good 2 be with family. I think the school has top students in the country and the avg age n avg exp is higher than many schools in the US. I m hopin for some scholarship now from UW n I just hope that the visa officers dont spoil the party!!!!!! C u guys at UW soon then
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: University of Washington Foster school [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2008, 10:50
Welcome to the forum 700 and soul!
Out of curiosity, has anyone that applied in the Nov round received the merit scholarship notification yet?
Intern
Intern

Re: University of Washington Foster school [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2008, 11:12
Hello All.

I have been admitted to UW :-D (was an R2 applicant)
cant wait for school to start...

Havent heard about any scholarship decision...if anyone does..please update.

Hopefully will see u guys in UW Class 2010.

Regards,
Tanvi.
Intern
Intern

Re: University of Washington Foster school [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2008, 11:38
I too am interested to know if anyone has heard anything regarding scholarships to UW. I recieved the admissions packet a few days back and there was no mention of aid. The admitted students website says that we might receive up to three seperate letters with scholarship/financial aid info sometime between February and June (could the window be any wider?). Hopefully there will be word by mid-march because if not I may not even be able to seriously consider attending. UW is a great school, but I can't afford 30K+ per year tuition, and I don't see taking out 100K of loans for this program as a sure thing in terms of ROI like say Harvard or Stanford would be.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: University of Washington Foster school [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2008, 13:23
PEtoMBA wrote:
I too am interested to know if anyone has heard anything regarding scholarships to UW. I recieved the admissions packet a few days back and there was no mention of aid. The admitted students website says that we might receive up to three seperate letters with scholarship/financial aid info sometime between February and June (could the window be any wider?). Hopefully there will be word by mid-march because if not I may not even be able to seriously consider attending. UW is a great school, but I can't afford 30K+ per year tuition, and I don't see taking out 100K of loans for this program as a sure thing in terms of ROI like say Harvard or Stanford would be.

I called on the day I got the packet and they said "the scholarship committee meets 2-4 weeks after decisions are made". I don't know if that means 2-4 weeks after Jan 25th, or after they reviewed the application in question. In the worst case I guess this friday will be 2 weeks!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: University of Washington Foster school [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2008, 20:51
That would be great! Good luck all.
Intern
Intern

Re: University of Washington Foster school [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2008, 23:04
Well that's exciting. Now instead of checking my email every 10 minutes to see if Haas is ever going to send me and interview invite, I can check it every 5 minutes to see if UW is going to give me any scholarship love.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!
Re: University of Washington Foster school   [#permalink] 07 Feb 2008, 23:04