Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Apr 2014, 19:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Unlike most warbler species, the male and female blue-winged

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Unlike most warbler species, the male and female blue-winged [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2005, 16:03
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

5% (low)

Question Stats:

0% (00:00) correct 0% (00:00) wrong based on 0 sessions
22. Unlike most warbler species, the male and female blue-winged warbler are very difficult to tell apart.
(A) Unlike most warbler species, the male and female blue-winged warbler are very difficult to tell apart.
(B) Unlike most warbler species, the gender of the blue-winged warbler is very difficult to distinguish.
(C) Unlike those in most warbler species, the male and female blue-winged warblers are very difficult to distinguish.
(D) It is very difficult, unlike in most warbler species, to tell the male and female blue-winged warbler apart.
(E) Blue-winged warblers are unlike most species of warbler in that it is very difficult to tell the male and female apart.
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2005, 16:59
I chose C too. .But OA is E. can somebody please explain why is it E?
Director
Director
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2005, 18:40
I got E and I shall explain:
You should compare most warbler species with blue-winged warbler, as in

'Unlike most warbler species, blue-winged warbler ....'

A, B, C do the comparison wrongly.
D is just ackward.
SVP
SVP
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 178 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2005, 22:49
Yes, C compares blue-winged warblers with "those in most warblers species". "those" here refers to genders, but comparing bird with genders is wrong.
  [#permalink] 22 Jan 2005, 22:49