Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Aug 2014, 00:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Unofficial GMAT score report - Schools see other programs

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Leadership, Finance
GMAT 1: 570 Q31 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q43 V44
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 1

GMAT ToolKit User
Unofficial GMAT score report - Schools see other programs [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2013, 03:48
Dear all,

INSEAD and IMD both asked me to send my Unofficial GMAT score report along with my application, since I took the GMAT only 2 weeks before the application deadline. I scored a 710 and of course I am happy to send the unofficial report.

Now I just realized that the report mentions all schools that I have my GMAT scores sent to (there are 3 on mine).
This means that IMD will know I also applied to INSEAD (or at least had my scores sent there) and vice versa.

IS THIS A DESASTER? Will they conclude that I am not a 100% dedicated to the application of their own programme?
Now for IMD it is already too late, they even required a paper version of the unofficial report which is already in Switzerland. But for INSEAD I could still black out the other schools on the report. Would you recommend me to do that? Or will it look strange and I should simply disclose the other schools I apply to?

Thanks for your thoughts!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 90

Re: Unofficial GMAT score report - Schools see other programs [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2013, 04:37
lol applying to more than one school is not disloyal - you'd be silly NOT to apply to multiple schools. They don't care.
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 109 [1] , given: 0

Re: Unofficial GMAT score report - Schools see other programs [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2013, 11:41
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Agreed - if anything, it works in your favor.

One thing a lot of applicants forget is that you're not only competing for spots, they're competing for candidates. It's a two way street. In your interviews they will often ask where else you've applied.

Think of it this way - you're in the market for a new car. You REALLY want a BMW so you go to the BMW dealer and go, "This is it, this is what I want!" - how hard do you think s/he will try? But if you went and said "I'm really interested in a BMW but I'm also looking at Audi and Mercedes..." - well now you've turned up the pressure a little bit!

Honestly - it doesn't matter at all so don't sweat it.

Bhavik

Bhavik
Managing Partner

Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Blog | Free Resources | Facebook | Twitter

Was this post helpful to you? Give a Kudos and let me know!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Reviews Badge
Re: Unofficial GMAT score report - Schools see other programs [#permalink] New post 17 Sep 2013, 01:30
I'm not sure that schools can see other schools you applied to on your GMAT score report, good question... I know this website has some questions and answers regarding the GMAT, take a look here: http://aringo.com/ClientInfo/GMATandTOEFL.htm
BSchool Forum Moderator
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 157 [0], given: 101

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Unofficial GMAT score report - Schools see other programs [#permalink] New post 17 Sep 2013, 03:34
I have noticed that schools like Kellogg and LBS actually ask for what other schools you have applied to. This definitely presents a moral hazard for some people and I would not be surprised if people don't answer completely truthfully. In actual fact, I doubt it makes much of a difference.

*Updated 25th July*: Embracing the downtime
Blog: http://domotron.wordpress.com

Elements of an MBA application series
GMAT (28/02) | Profile (11/03) | Networking / Research (01/04) | Recommendations (30/05) | Essays / Online applications | Interview

My 710 (Q50, V36) Debrief + 740 (Q48, V44) Update:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/710-q50-v36-phew-i-m-done-with-the-gmat-probably-150067.html

Please share your profiles for this application season below:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/2014-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-162160.html

Re: Unofficial GMAT score report - Schools see other programs   [#permalink] 17 Sep 2013, 03:34