Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 11:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Unreported GMAT Score

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Unreported GMAT Score [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2007, 22:20
Hi All,

I wanted to know wht happens if one chooses to not report the GMAT score at the end of the test??...

Will the schools know of this attempt ?

Does it form part of your record?
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 78

Kudos [?]: 693 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2007, 07:58
Yes they get your previous test scores when you do submit. So if you choose to retake it they will still see all your scores.

I suggest you send them to your schools because you get 5 schools as part of the fee...otherwise you have to pay I think its $28 per school.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2007, 11:01
If you cancel your score at the end of the test, in the future schools will see an attempt but will not see a score for this attempt (and neither will you).
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2007, 10:22
Hyperstorm wrote:
If you cancel your score at the end of the test, in the future schools will see an attempt but will not see a score for this attempt (and neither will you).

u think its better to cancel the score at the end rather than get a bad score...coz i wonder why this option exists...

more comments on this would be highly helpful....
VP
VP
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 114 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
 [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2007, 11:24
sheesh wrote:
Hyperstorm wrote:

u think its better to cancel the score at the end rather than get a bad score...coz i wonder why this option exists...

more comments on this would be highly helpful....

I would never cancel my score, even if I thought that I did badly because:

1) Too often your feeling of scoring low does not correspond to your actual score. In my second attempt, I thought I scrored very poorly in verbal because I didn't "feel" that the questions were hard enough. Guess what, I scored 47 in verbal.

2) Most schools look at your highest score and would not care if you scored poorly before. Your low score can be explained by a sickness, noise, techinical problems, etc - everything that would justify you cancelling the score.

3) You are left with a what-if feeling afterwards wondering if you actually scored very well and just waisted your time and $250 for nothing
  [#permalink] 07 Dec 2007, 11:24