Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Nov 2014, 13:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

"Unreported" GPAs

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V48
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

"Unreported" GPAs [#permalink] New post 28 Sep 2013, 08:38
I have noticed that certain schools, Wharton and Yale among others, explicitly tell applicants NOT to calculate their GPAs if the GPA is not specifically stated on the transcript.

I'm curious how this applies to me. I have a lousy undergrad record -- nothing to blame it on other than immaturity and distraction. As to my readiness for business school, my good grades in grad school, my excellent GMAT scores, and my solid work history, should convince adcoms I am ready to do the work. I remain concerned, however, that to the extent US News rankings are important (and undergrad GPA is a component of these rankings), my undergrad GPA could be a liability (as far as top schools concerned, the GPA was well below the 10% mark).

But here's the rub -- my undergraduate transcript does not state my GPA. My undergrad was at a US University, with a standard A-F grading scale, so I could calculate my GPA pretty easily. But at least Wharton and Yale instruct me not to do that calculation. I'm curious whether that instruction allows them to accept me, conclude that my undergrad GPA was "unreported," and then not use my numbers to bring down the class average? That's my hope, in any event.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Manhattan GMAT Instructor
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 0

Re: "Unreported" GPAs [#permalink] New post 28 Sep 2013, 17:51
Expert's post
Call me crazy (and I invite others to correct me)... I think that simply means that they will do the calculations themselves.

Brian Lange | Manhattan GMAT Instructor | North Carolina

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews | View Instructor Profile

Re: "Unreported" GPAs   [#permalink] 28 Sep 2013, 17:51