1. To start the MBA in Fall of 2008 - so many months away - how could the only option be delaying till 2009 - (I really want to get funding for school)- is there any other alternative other than having to apply by February/2nd round thereabout ?(It seems like I am looking for alternatives that don't exist out of desperation however I find early February to be still early - What about the schools with rolling deadlines?)
Honestly, I didn't understand the question
2. Also, I have been wondering whether my GPA of 3.78/4.0 in undergrad would help if my GMAT is not too high and have thought that maybe I should apply with whatever I get for my GMAT score instead of delaying.
You are at the older end of the spectrum. So yes, ad-com will cut you some slack for a slightly lower GMAT. But, this is also a great opportunity for you to set yourself apart from the other applicants as old as you.
3. Is it wise to try to get into a MBA program in Spring of 2009 or would that be limiting oneself since most schools don't offer a program begining then
Most full time programs begin in fall. Some part time and executive programs begin in Spring, but honestly, I don't think there are too many.
4. Also, are most of the participants on this forum getting ready for Fall 2008 or are there people 'shooting' for 2009 too - please help - I need advice - I feel like I am already 33 years old and feel like pushing this back is indicating that I may never do an MBA.
Yes, most of us here are looking to start in fall 2008.
5. Also - are there some schools that don't accept applicants if they did not do volunteer/community service. I did some of that as an undergrad student but due to some personal difficulties encountered after graduation has not done any community work up until now. How could that affect my applications?
Yes, all top schools prefer some sort of community service. More so at the ultra-elites.
I REALLY NEED SOME ADVICE.
Hope that helped!