Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 26 Jul 2014, 11:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Until recently it was thought that ink used before the

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
SVP
SVP
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Until recently it was thought that ink used before the [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2004, 20:13
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

0% (00:00) correct 100% (03:23) wrong based on 1 sessions
24. Until recently it was thought that ink used before the sixteenth century did not contain titanium. However, a new type of analysis detected titanium in the ink of the famous Bible printed by Johannes Gutenberg and in that of another fifteenth-century Bible known as B-36, though not in the ink of any of numerous other fifteenth-century books analyzed. This finding is of great significance, since it not only strongly supports the hypothesis that B-36 was printed by Gutenberg but also shows that the presence of titanium in the ink of the purportedly fifteenth century Vinland Map can no longer be regarded as a reason for doubting the map┬б┬пs authenticity.

The reasoning in the passage is vulnerable to criticism on the ground that

(A) the results of the analysis are interpreted as indicating that the use of titanium as an ingredient in fifteenth-century ink both was, and was not, extremely restricted

(B) if the technology that makes it possible to detect titanium in printing ink has only recently become available, it is unlikely that printers ore artists in the fifteenth century would know whether their ink contained titanium or not

(C) it is unreasonable to suppose that determination of the date and location of a document┬б┬пs printing or drawing can be made solely on the basis of the presence or absence of a single element in the ink used in the document.

(D) both the B-36 Bible and the Binland Map are objects that can be appreciated on their own merits whether or not the precise date of their creation or the identity of the person who made them is known.

(E) the discovery of titanium in the ink of the Vinland Map must have occurred before titanium was discovered in the ink of the Gutenberg Bible and the B-36 Bible .

25. All actors are exuberant people and all exuberant people are extroverts, but nevertheless it is true that some shy people are actors.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2004, 20:59
I am getting A by poe.

You haven't completed the 25th question.
SVP
SVP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2004, 21:16
Sorry I disnt mean to post the 25th question.
A is correct. I chose B

Folks could you explain why you eliminated the other answers or why you selected A.
SVP
SVP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2004, 21:37
A is correct. I have no explaination for it.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Followers: 18

Kudos [?]: 147 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2004, 22:06
What do you guys think of the difficulty levels of the last couple of question from anandnk? I got some right but some wrong also. I'd say 60% right but even those I had right, some of them were more by POE than clear cut and straight to the answer

Best Regards,

Paul

[#permalink] 05 Jan 2004, 22:06