Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 09:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Up to $325 off Magoosh with Discount Code and $25 Bonus

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2278

Kudos [?]: 8808 [0], given: 3667

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Up to $325 off Magoosh with Discount Code and $25 Bonus [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2011, 16:11
Expert's post
Get Discount
Magoosh COURSE DISCOUNT Code + $25 Bonus
Magoosh

"It's like a personal tutor at a fraction of the cost."

-Suzie

With Magoosh you can:

- Watch over 250 video lessons for every concept on the GMAT. [Watch an example]
- Answer 800 practice questions in a GMAT-like format. [Try one.]
- Score Predictor
- Create mock tests
- Expert support by email
- 50 point score improvement guarantee
You also get a 7 day money back guarantee. No strings attached. Questions? Email us at support@magoosh.com

Course Discount Offer Details:

• Up to savings on a Magoosh prep course
  • $25 Giftcard - Get a $25 giftcard when you submit a review after completing a Magoosh course.
  • Up to $400 Total Savings

Magoosh GMAT Prep

Magoosh was founded by two MBA alums from the Haas School of Business at UC Berkeley. Existing GMAT prep were ineffective, expensive, and inconvenient, so we created the GMAT prep product we wished we had.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Key Features:

Learn from 250 video lessons that teach you all the topics covered on the GMAT
The videos are animated shorts designed to target specific concepts and keep your attention.

Answer over 800 practice questions in GMAT simulated environment
Each practice question comes with a video explanation, and with our custom practice feature you can create your own mock tests.

Use it anytime, anywhere
Unlike a tutor or a class, Magoosh is available anytime you want it - on your laptop, smartphone, or iPad, all you need is an internet connection.

Stumped? Get help from our experts.
If you need additional help with one of our questions or even an Official Guide question, let us know and our team will get back to you within 24 hours.

Access for 1 year
Unlike most programs which only last a few months, we’ll give you access for at least a year. And if you need an extension, just let us know. You shouldn’t have to cut your prep short.

7-day money back guarantee. No strings attached.
Need to cancel for any reason? Let us know within 7 days of purchase, and we’ll give you a full refund. We’ve always delivered on this promise.

Still have questions? Call us at 1-855-MAGOOSH or 510-214-0212
We know buying a GMAT prep is a daunting experience. So call us and figure out if Magoosh is right for you.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Success Stories:

Magoosh helped me improve dramatically (from a 600 to 720)

"I took the test back in December 2009 but the result was quite disappointing since I scored 600. At that point I decided that I had to use different study materials. I found about Magoosh.

The questions offered me the opportunity to go through hundreds of questions that I realised - after taking the actual GMAT already at that time - were really challenging. This is because they required a lot of different clever tricks to solve them widening in this way my approach techniques to each kind of question.

Using Magoosh during my preparation helped me to improve dramatically, especially in verbal, and score a 720 in my second attempt."
- Christos Teriakidis

I have no doubt that the video explanations were instrumental in helping me get a 700+ score

"Three features in particular were very useful to me. First, the flexibility to pick the number of questions in a practice session. Second, the dash board shows you how you compare with the rest of the test takers. Third, the video explanations. The explanations not only show you how to solve a problem but more importantly help you build a systematic approach that is essential to solving any gmat problem. I have no doubt that the video explanations were instrumental in helping me get a 700+ score."
- Amit (Score 700: 48 Q, 38 V)

The practice questions are similar to the ones appear on the GMAT

"The practice questions are similar to the ones appear on the GMAT. You have an opportunity to go for a customized session and can solve questions on one topic only such as DS, PS, CR etc.. Also, the material is helpful to those who believe in self-study as it comes with video-explanations and can clear the doubts easily. And seriously, the video makes the problem so simple that you gain confidence in DS and SCs.."
- Anne

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Magoosh Co-Founder
Schools: UC Berkeley (Haas) - Class of 2010
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 12

Re: Up to $150 off Magoosh [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2011, 12:16
Expert's post
We're excited to be part of the GMAT Club community!

Bhavin

Bhavin Parikh
Magoosh Test Prep

Manager
Manager
GMAt Status: Quant section
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
Schools: WBS (D)
GMAT Date: 12-30-2011
GPA: 3.2
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 94

GMAT Tests User
Re: Up to $150 off Magoosh [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2011, 10:30
bhavinp wrote:
We're excited to be part of the GMAT Club community!

Bhavin

Hey :)
In fact I've tried your GRE trial and the videos are very useful and inspiring .... I wish I was able to register for the full access
I'm pretty sure that the GMAT course will be as much good as the GRE's one.
Guys ... take a look at their videos and you will notice the efforts spent on it
Good luck Magoosh team ....

How can i lose my faith in life's fairness when i know that the dreams of those who sleep on the feathers are not more beautiful than the dreams of those who sleep on the ground? - Jubran Khaleel Jubran

Expert Post
Magoosh Co-Founder

Re: Up to $150 off Magoosh [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2011, 11:42
Expert's post
@silver89 - thanks for the kind words! For anyone that wants a sample, here are a few links to free GMAT samples on our site.

Math lesson on the Listing and Counting: http://gmat.magoosh.com/lessons/334-listing-and-counting
Math question: http://gmat.magoosh.com/questions/2

Verbal lesson on Modifiers (part I): http://gmat.magoosh.com/lessons/615-modifiers-i
Verbal question: http://gmat.magoosh.com/questions/1114

Thanks!
Bhavin

Bhavin Parikh
Magoosh Test Prep

Last edited by bhavinp on 06 Dec 2011, 23:21, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Forum Moderator
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Up to $320 off Magoosh with Discount Code and $250 Bonus [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2011, 03:01
Hey ,

For the Magoosh Premier program , do you have any full length practice tests ?
Expert Post
Magoosh Co-Founder

Re: Up to $320 off Magoosh with Discount Code and $250 Bonus [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2011, 11:50
Expert's post
@georgepaul0071987 - With Magoosh, you can create your mock test using our pool of questions. Just create a custom practice session and choose the Section (Math or Verbal), the number of questions, and the time limit.

If you choose to create mock tests rather than practicing individual questions, you could create about 8 tests in our product.

Bhavin Parikh
Magoosh Test Prep

GMAT Forum Moderator
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Up to $320 off Magoosh with Discount Code and $250 Bonus [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2011, 00:18
So if I take an Adaptive test of say '30 questions' for verbal , will it give me a scaled verbal score (0-60) ? Or will it just tell me how many I got right and how many I got wrong ?
Expert Post
Magoosh Co-Founder

Re: Up to $320 off Magoosh with Discount Code and $250 Bonus [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2011, 08:33
Expert's post
Currently we don't provide scaled scores, primarily because those scores will not be as accurate as GMATPrep.

We recommend using Magoosh to practice in a GMAT-like setting and to learn the concepts on the GMAT, and then using the official GMATPrep mock exams to assess your level. While there are only 2 GMATPrep exams, you can take each exam 3 times without risk of too much score inflation.

Bhavin Parikh
Magoosh Test Prep

Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Up to $450 off Magoosh with Discount Code and $250 Bonus [#permalink] New post 16 Apr 2012, 16:30
This is a good place
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Up to $450 off Magoosh with Discount Code and $250 Bonus [#permalink] New post 23 Aug 2012, 23:01
Thanks for the information.
Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
Followers: 80

Kudos [?]: 526 [0], given: 105

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Up to $350 off Magoosh with Discount Code and $50 Bonus [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2013, 23:07
Expert's post
Expert Post
Magoosh Co-Founder

Re: Up to $350 off Magoosh with Discount Code and $50 Bonus [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2013, 23:10
Expert's post
Yes, I'm still active here :)

Bhavin Parikh
Magoosh Test Prep

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Up to $350 off Magoosh with Discount Code and $50 Bonus [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2013, 23:17
Expert's post
Great :)

I'd seek your feedback on the following:
There has been some news moving around in the forums that GMAT is having a trend shift towards short RC passages and probably doing away with the long passages gradually...

Could you please share your thoughts on this and let me know that whether do we need to practice ONLY short RC passages now on-wards?

Appreciate your reply.

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog

KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Expert Post
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
Followers: 513

Kudos [?]: 2118 [0], given: 30

Re: Up to $350 off Magoosh with Discount Code and $50 Bonus [#permalink] New post 25 Jul 2013, 15:55
Expert's post
bagdbmba wrote:
Great :)

I'd seek your feedback on the following:
There has been some news moving around in the forums that GMAT is having a trend shift towards short RC passages and probably doing away with the long passages gradually...

Could you please share your thoughts on this and let me know that whether do we need to practice ONLY short RC passages now on-wards?
Appreciate your reply.

Dear bagdbmba,
Bhavin asked for my input. I'm happy to respond to this. :-)

What you're asking falls into a funny gray area. On the mba.com website,
http://www.mba.com/the-gmat/test-struct ... ction.aspx
and on p. 359 of the OG13, the GMAC folks say quite clearly that passages will be "up to 350 word long." Traditionally, the 250-350 was the "short" passage range, and the 350-450 is the "long" passage range. If we were simply to take them at their word on this, it would seem that they care about only "short" passages. BUT, int he 27 RC passages in the OG13, 13 of the 27 are "long" passages. They say they are not going to test long passages, but then almost half the passages in the OG are long passages! Furthermore, I believe every time I have been through GMAT Prep, I have seen three "short" RC passages and one "long" RC passage, more or less like clockwork. So, mixed messages from GMAC, to say the least.

Here's what I'll say. I'm going to assume that excellence on the GMAT is something you value. The right question to ask for excellence in almost any domain of human life is not "What's the least I can do?", but rather, "What else can I do?" Suppose you practice "long" RC passages in your prep work, and then, for whatever reason, the real GMAT gives you only "short" passages. Will having studied the "long" passages really hurt you in any way? If anything, studying the "long" passages would give you even more skills than you need. Do not dismiss any study strategy because the downside is that it might give you more skills than you need. If it's clear to everyone that A & B & C are necessary to study, P & Q are probably necessary, and X & Y & Z are probably not necessary, the most people will study A & B & C, and many will do P & Q as well, but few will also do X & Y & Z. In almost any endeavor, the formula for mediocrity is: do what most people would do; make the "OK, this seems reasonable" compromise choices that most people make. Excellence, by its very nature, implies an edge of unreasonableness. It doesn't stop with "I only have to do this." It demands pushing beyond comfort and convenience.

It's ambiguous whether you will have to do "long" passages on the real GMAT. Therefore, I say: if you value excellence, then in addition to all the "short" passages, do as many "long" passages as you possibly can!!

Does all this make sense?
Mike :-)

Mike McGarry
Magoosh Test Prep

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Up to $350 off Magoosh with Discount Code and $50 Bonus [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2013, 22:26
Expert's post
Thanks Bhavin and Mike for your feedback.Really appreciate it.

So,what I sense is that probably equal stress or 60-40 stress on short and long passages...Right?

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog

KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Expert Post
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
Followers: 513

Kudos [?]: 2118 [0], given: 30

Re: Up to $350 off Magoosh with Discount Code and $50 Bonus [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2013, 09:14
Expert's post
bagdbmba wrote:
Thanks Bhavin and Mike for your feedback.Really appreciate it.

So,what I sense is that probably equal stress or 60-40 stress on short and long passages...Right?

Yes, I would say somewhere in the range of 50/50 or 60/40 would be right for the emphases on short & long passages respectively.
Mike :-)

Mike McGarry
Magoosh Test Prep

Re: Up to $350 off Magoosh with Discount Code and $50 Bonus   [#permalink] 27 Jul 2013, 09:14