Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Sep 2014, 10:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Update

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 28 Dec 2004
Posts: 3404
Location: New York City
Schools: Wharton'11 HBS'12
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 160 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Update [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2005, 13:53
well you wont believe it...

I went to the test center. made sure I had everything in order...when i went to sign in the, the Proctor...well he noticed my driver licence was expiring today ..10/24/05...and he would'nt let me take the exam...I had a temp id from DMV...which doesnt have a picture on it...and he wouldnt accept that either with my driver lic...A$$Hole!

so now I have to re-schedule with GMAC...I am going to askem to refund my money back..I mean I didnt bring my passport cause...I had a valid ID which I got from the DMV....

but on a lighter note...i could'nt sleep last night..and took nyquil around 5:00am ish..so by the time I got to the test center I was a lill sleepy..so i didnt put up much of an argument and came back....
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 30 Oct 2004
Posts: 289
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2005, 13:58
That was one GMAT experience I wasn't expecting to see....
This one came from left field !!! :o

Hope GMAC allows you to reschedule for free.... man that sucks...

On second thoughts... I better check my ID (and carry my passport just in case)!
_________________

-Vikram

Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 15 Aug 2005
Posts: 804
Location: Singapore
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2005, 15:16
Oh man!!!!!!!!!!! What an anti climax!! I was hoping to see some kick ass news......well ETS escaped this time!
Argue for a full refund and a free rescheduling!

LESSON FOR OTHERS - ALWAYS CARRY YOUR PASSPORT!!!
_________________

Cheers, Rahul.

VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 22 Aug 2005
Posts: 1128
Location: CA
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2005, 15:24
PS: Isn't expiring today means it is yet to expire (by midnight maybe) :)
Might have given some SC fundas (process is continuing at present, not yet completed) :)
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 28 Dec 2004
Posts: 3404
Location: New York City
Schools: Wharton'11 HBS'12
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 160 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2005, 15:45
I did mention it that it still hasnt expired yet..but the guy was just being an A-hole...I mean I had a temp ID from DMV...I mean if a cop pulled me over...even the cop/govt would be satisfied with the tempID+my soon to expire ID...

but the thing is I was soo tired..that I just came home and slept for an hr...I was tired so I didnt put much of an argument with the guy...I was thinking I need to save my energy and not get into an argument with the sucker...

I will call GMAC tommorow...see what happens...

duttsit wrote:
PS: Isn't expiring today means it is yet to expire (by midnight maybe) :)
Might have given some SC fundas (process is continuing at present, not yet completed) :)
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 21 Aug 2005
Posts: 795
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2005, 18:00
Hey fresinha!! I was really eager hear the news from you! Both of us were taking the test on the same day at the same time! I am really sorry for what had happened. But make use of this time (until you take the test) and try to get much more stronger! Keep the heat on for some more time. Sure you'll come out with flying colors!!

Good Luck!
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 16 Oct 2003
Posts: 1816
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2005, 18:31
Oh Oh!

Godd luck with the new date. Hit the ball hard. you got time to swing the bat.
SVP
SVP
avatar
Joined: 14 Dec 2004
Posts: 1711
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2005, 20:12
Oh! that's unfortunate :shock:
You should call ETS; don't forget to tell ETS about the @#$&% proctor.

Anyway, all the very best for the test!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 35
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

crap [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2005, 21:15
Thats not good. I did my test today and i can swear my proctor did not look at the expiry date on my license. Your proctor must have had nothing better to do... what an ass.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 26 Jul 2005
Posts: 315
Location: Los Angeles
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2005, 14:19
Maybe it worked out for the better (since you were tired). Hopefully you can get your money back, reschedule, and get that 700+ soon!
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 14 Oct 2003
Posts: 592
Location: On Vacation at My Crawford, Texas Ranch
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Update [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2005, 17:34
fresinha12 wrote:
well you wont believe it...

I went to the test center. made sure I had everything in order...when i went to sign in the, the Proctor...well he noticed my driver licence was expiring today ..10/24/05...and he would'nt let me take the exam...I had a temp id from DMV...which doesnt have a picture on it...and he wouldnt accept that either with my driver lic...A$$Hole!

so now I have to re-schedule with GMAC...I am going to askem to refund my money back..I mean I didnt bring my passport cause...I had a valid ID which I got from the DMV....

but on a lighter note...i could'nt sleep last night..and took nyquil around 5:00am ish..so by the time I got to the test center I was a lill sleepy..so i didnt put up much of an argument and came back....


This is probably a blessing in disguise. You can lose up to 30 IQ points without adequate sleep. You also have some time to study some more before taking it again. So don't sweat it dude - you're probably better off taking it some other time. Just remember to get a good night's sleep the TWO nights before the exam since your body is on a 48 hour cycle!

:sleep
_________________

"Wow! Brazil is big." —George W. Bush, after being shown a map of Brazil by Brazilian president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, Brasilia, Brazil, Nov. 6, 2005

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/11/21/inter ... prexy.html

Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 21 Aug 2005
Posts: 795
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Update [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2005, 17:56
Titleist wrote:
This is probably a blessing in disguise. You can lose up to 30 IQ points without adequate sleep. You also have some time to study some more before taking it again. So don't sweat it dude - you're probably better off taking it some other time. Just remember to get a good night's sleep the TWO nights before the exam since your body is on a 48 hour cycle!

:sleep


And maybe, you can also try some of those 'drugs' that someone here suggested :wink: !!
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 2255
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 198 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2005, 18:14
Oh my. This is rather unheard of. It's good that we now know to be careful about our IDs.

I think not only you should ask them to refund your money, but you could also ask for compensation, especially because your picture ID has not expired on the test day. They should let you take a test for free, at least.
_________________

Keep on asking, and it will be given you;
keep on seeking, and you will find;
keep on knocking, and it will be opened to you.

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 28 Dec 2004
Posts: 3404
Location: New York City
Schools: Wharton'11 HBS'12
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 160 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2005, 18:30
OK I spoke with GMAC today..they are even bigger A....le than the prometeric test center proctor...basically they said its my responsibility to ensure that I have a valid "Picture ID" with me...

I explained to them the expiration date was 10/24/2005 and they said thats up to the proctor to deicde...he at the end of the day is responsible...and decision maker...

so I am going to find another way to get GMAC to re-imburse me..its called a "call from my lawyer" and well define what "expiration" is is?

HongHu wrote:
Oh my. This is rather unheard of. It's good that we now know to be careful about our IDs.

I think not only you should ask them to refund your money, but you could also ask for compensation, especially because your picture ID has not expired on the test day. They should let you take a test for free, at least.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 26 Jul 2005
Posts: 315
Location: Los Angeles
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2005, 18:59
That's ridiculous! All this drama over $250...

Geez...sue those A-holes!!
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 15 Aug 2005
Posts: 804
Location: Singapore
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2005, 20:06
Unbelievable!! How can an expiry date be interpretted in different ways! Its no author's mood in a wierd RC for heaven sakes!!

But think over before you make your next step. More than the 250$, I guess you should not lose focus from your preparation and be unnecessarily dragged into some legal argument!!
_________________

Cheers, Rahul.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 26 Jul 2005
Posts: 315
Location: Los Angeles
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2005, 20:47
rahulraao wrote:
Unbelievable!! How can an expiry date be interpretted in different ways! Its no author's mood in a wierd RC for heaven sakes!!

But think over before you make your next step. More than the 250$, I guess you should not lose focus from your preparation and be unnecessarily dragged into some legal argument!!


True, but if you have a significant other or friend that is a lawyer, go to town :lol:
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 15 Aug 2005
Posts: 804
Location: Singapore
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2005, 21:34
ValleyBall1 wrote:
rahulraao wrote:
Unbelievable!! How can an expiry date be interpretted in different ways! Its no author's mood in a wierd RC for heaven sakes!!

But think over before you make your next step. More than the 250$, I guess you should not lose focus from your preparation and be unnecessarily dragged into some legal argument!!


True, but if you have a significant other or friend that is a lawyer, go to town :lol:


Agreed!! :-D
_________________

Cheers, Rahul.

  [#permalink] 25 Oct 2005, 21:34
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
14 Feature Update dzyubam 13 10 Dec 2008, 10:42
updates Praetorian 0 24 Sep 2008, 19:32
Retake Update irishspring 2 10 May 2008, 08:37
Cornell Update aaudetat 4 01 Mar 2007, 08:02
Update Questor 10 25 Jan 2005, 18:56
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Update

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: m3equals333, TGC



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.