Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Jul 2014, 21:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Update: From GMAT loser to fighter in six weeks...

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Director
Director
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 12 Sep 2006, 20:13
Buddy ,

Take a break and come right back, we'll fight it out ....

"Education is what remains when one has forgotten everything he learned in school."

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 12 Sep 2006, 22:55
Hey Matt,
This is a quote by Thomas Elva Edison.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."

Don't ever give up !!
There is a very thin line b/w success and failure in these standardized tests. :twisted: Calmness and a bit of luck is all you need to excel in the test and come out as a winner.

It was a bad day for you and I do agree that anyone can lose his/her calmness if you run out of time. Keep these small things in mind!!!
Take a break and get back to tame the beast. :evil:
VP
VP
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 13 Sep 2006, 01:22
Hey MATT,

Saw your post today.
The only thing I can tell you right now is that you are much much better than this. Might be that the dreaded break put you off from your normal score which you might have acheived.
It was not your day that is for sure so dont underestimate yourself for any god damn reason.
You have no idea as to how many people you have helped by giving numerous immaculate explainations and that is one definite indicator of your capabilities.

I have learned so much from you that it is hard to even write about it here. All your posts have provided crystal clear and grammatically flawless explainations which everybody here knows beyond doubt.

Just take a break and recollect your thoughts.
But what is gone is gone.
Do not lose sight of your dream because of this. This is just another obstacle which i am sure you will overcome in due time.
Hope you do not get bogged down by this.
See you.

Trying hard to conquer Quant.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 13 Sep 2006, 05:42
You are stupid, you are SO STUPID and Unlucky – these were the first words that came to my mind when I was taking the test first time. The very same words came to my mind when I retook it. Even worse, since this time I put so much effort yet didn’t even approach the desired result.
GMATT73, I really know how it feels when after soooo many long hours of studying you got burned and blown out by the reality – GMAT test. Sometimes, I even feel that I’m cursed with ancient gmat curse which will never let me join 7xx club. So, cheer up, you are not alone and definitely not a looser. Take it again as soon as possible, don’t think about the scores, be angry…no be mad at GMAT and you will surely conquer it. I really believe you can do it.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 13 Sep 2006, 07:33
Hey MATT... I was really shocked to see your score. Your abilities are not reflective in your score at all... As others have said it must be the stress related to the actual test-taking. I would firstly take a vacation - a few days off and then come back and give it another shot. Remember you do not need to improve your abilities - they are already top notch - just concentrate on your test taking strategies and that should be it.

All the best buddy... and Keep up your spirit !
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 13 Sep 2006, 07:57
Hi GMATT
i am not going to be verbose. Take your time, analize what went wrong and try again. I am sure you will pass 700 and will laugh at this gmat test stuff.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 248

Kudos [?]: 1516 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 13 Sep 2006, 08:04
Take a look at my old post.

Something quite similar happened to me:

http://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... ost+battle

The long and short of it is this (if you dont feel like reading) - I scored lower on math than I EVER HAD on any practice exams, INCLUDING ones I took before even studying.

I said this then:

"The GMAT may have won this battle, but I'm going to win the war. "

And I did.

You can too.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 13 Sep 2006, 11:40
Hey MATT.
Its sad to see your experience. As others have said, DONT GIVE UP and theres no reason why you wont suceed. Forget it as just another bad day. It doesnt reflect your true ability.
Director
Director
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 73 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 13 Sep 2006, 17:25
Matt,
Keep your chin up high and regain your confidence. After all, as the saying goes, you might have lost a battle but you haven't lost the war. You have a lot of people here rooting for you, and while you might feel like kicking yourself for getting nervous, don't consider yourself a loser - which you're not. You had a bad day, I can understand it's painful, but you got to pick yourself up and move on. The most important thing is to put this behind for 1-2 weeks, come back, and think carefully what you need to change as strategy. Look at things like - where am I going to get the maximum benefit by effort? what can I trade-off (if I can)? what hurt me the most in the test?

Whatever it is, for now - you got to pick yourself up, know that a lot of people are wishing for you, and get back to it in 15 days. Wishing you the best as always!

http://onwardtomba.blogspot.com - MBA, GMAT, INSEAD - the journey.
My 7 GMAT Quant Strategies/Trap
My GMAT Debrief

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 13 Sep 2006, 20:14
Hi MATTY,

Sorry to hear about the finger printing fiasco...damn computers...they suck anyways.

You can't turn your back now after you have fought so hard for so long. You have got to put a nail in the GMAT's coffin.

We hope to rejoice your posts soon!

"Success is 99 percent failure" - Soichiro Honda

SVP
SVP
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 96 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 14 Sep 2006, 02:33
I want to chime in this crescendo assertion that " Matt, you are NOT a loser, NOT AT ALL!". Like others mentioned, you have done tremendous contribution to this club, which partially helps many of us realize our efforts. This, rather than a mere GMAT score, is your genuine merit! I know you have put a lot of effort and time in this sucker. You know GMAT inside out. IMO, it's the pressure from hectic work schedule together with timing application period that perplex you... Please don't give up! Just take some time to rest and come back to continue conquering this serpent GMAT. You should pour all your concentration into maths next time. You don't have to do thousands of problems, don't focus too much on quantity, but quality instead. As GMAT tests how well you know a scope of concepts rather than how intelligent you are in maths, quantitative section is NOT intractable. If you seek help, you know that we are here for you. Feel free to send me any maths questions :)
Just turn this time's failure into a revengeful spirit, " The spirit of an underdog" to defeat GMAT next time. That is what I've done so far from my past failures.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

[#permalink] New post 14 Sep 2006, 12:48
There is one thing that has served exam takers well in past - perseverance.

It doesnt matter how you fared in your results cause you know it doesnt reflect the true potential that you hold. A low score does not mean the end of everything, it's just one step behind the next and it needs strength and determination to climb up. So try harder the next time and remember victory awaits those who never give up in whatever they do.
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
And to add... [#permalink] New post 14 Sep 2006, 13:29
Hi there Matt,

Have been away from the club a few days and was pretty devastated to find this post from you :(

I'm so sorry and I hope you have time to think things over, and hopefully come back to the table stronger than before.

I have been giving a lot of thought myself to the factor that pressure plays - some people are far more sensitive to it than others, and I know that since I am too. But life is for learning lessons... and if you find a way within yourself to overcome this challenge, it will serve you well not only now but in everything you do.

I wish you all the very best, and hope to see you back in form and on the forum very soon. And if not, you can always take a trip down to Jamaica (no problem, mon!) :D

Cheers
MG
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 14 Sep 2006, 15:35
MATT , All I can say is that you had a bad day. Don't give up, you still have lots of time before the 2nd round app deadlines . Keep practicing and keep up the momentem you have built up for this attempt , don't let this failure deter you from trying again. I am absolutely sure that you will get a good score in your next attempt.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 14 Sep 2006, 19:00
Hey,
Look at all these friends who are trying to cheer you up!
This really says something about you. No score will. You're not a loser. You just had a bad day.

Have some sake and let's get to work.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 18 Sep 2006, 06:05
Matt,

You have been a great friend to many a gmatclub forum member. We are all rooting for you to succeed.

The GMAT is not an indication of anyone's capability. It is a test that measures a person's mastery of inane gmat questions. I don't know the logic behind the test makers resolve to create underhanded questions. In the business world, there is no deliberate attempt by any entity to deceive.

Eventhough I was able to get my target score during my second go, I will never see the gmat in a favorable light.

Hang in there buddy
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2006, 09:11
MATT,

Don’t you dare to give up, all of us here in the club supports you and we all know that you can easily achieve a score of +700. Your previous scores do not mean anything to anyone.
We all know you will get your score, heads up and smile, life is much more than a score. :P

YOU, HE, SHE, ALL OF US CAN DO IT.

Who is John Galt?

SVP
SVP
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2006, 09:43
Any news from him? :)

I hope that he will decide to come back and have a look on these posts ;) :)
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2006, 06:05
This post received
KUDOS
Hey Matt vacations are over! Let's get to work!

IE IMBA 2010

Current Student
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 120 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
 [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2006, 06:44
Just logged back on after an 11 day rock bottom depression lull to reread my pathethic post and was ( :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ) ^3 to see that a few good friends out there actually took the time to read such a loser story.

I'm at a loss for words. To all of you at GMAT club, especially those steadfast souls that sent out such uplifting words of encouragement, THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU!

Come hell or high water, I will give it all I got before the end of the year to yet try once more at overcoming this hurdle in in the b-school admissions process. Definately won't be easy with mounting work committments, applications, essays, etc.., but there is no way in the world anybody can quit this far into the game. Even if it takes 50 more attempts, with a following like this, I have no choice but to go the distance.

Catch you all back in the forum soon.
  [#permalink] 24 Sep 2006, 06:44