Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 16:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Update: From GMAT loser to fighter in six weeks...

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 18 Sep 2006, 06:05
Matt,

You have been a great friend to many a gmatclub forum member. We are all rooting for you to succeed.

The GMAT is not an indication of anyone's capability. It is a test that measures a person's mastery of inane gmat questions. I don't know the logic behind the test makers resolve to create underhanded questions. In the business world, there is no deliberate attempt by any entity to deceive.

Eventhough I was able to get my target score during my second go, I will never see the gmat in a favorable light.

Hang in there buddy
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2006, 09:11
MATT,

Don’t you dare to give up, all of us here in the club supports you and we all know that you can easily achieve a score of +700. Your previous scores do not mean anything to anyone.
We all know you will get your score, heads up and smile, life is much more than a score. :P

YOU, HE, SHE, ALL OF US CAN DO IT.

Who is John Galt?

SVP
SVP
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 87 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2006, 09:43
Any news from him? :)

I hope that he will decide to come back and have a look on these posts ;) :)
Current Student
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 126 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
 [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2006, 06:44
Just logged back on after an 11 day rock bottom depression lull to reread my pathethic post and was ( :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ) ^3 to see that a few good friends out there actually took the time to read such a loser story.

I'm at a loss for words. To all of you at GMAT club, especially those steadfast souls that sent out such uplifting words of encouragement, THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU!

Come hell or high water, I will give it all I got before the end of the year to yet try once more at overcoming this hurdle in in the b-school admissions process. Definately won't be easy with mounting work committments, applications, essays, etc.., but there is no way in the world anybody can quit this far into the game. Even if it takes 50 more attempts, with a following like this, I have no choice but to go the distance.

Catch you all back in the forum soon.
VP
VP
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2006, 06:48
HEY MATT!!!!

GOOD TO SEE YOU BACK!!!! :P :P :P :P

We were beginning to wonder where you were....

Hope you had a good time off... lets put it all back together and make it happen....

GMATT73 wrote:
Even if it takes 50 more attempts, with a following like this, I have no choice but to go the distance.Catch you all back in the forum soon.

And thats the spirit; we are all in this together... some finish early, some late, but we all will finish.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
A debriefing from the greatest loser at GMATClub [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2006, 08:56
Hey Matt,

Very happy to see you back :-D And thats the spirit buddy, don't worry nothing is gonna stop u now from overcoming this beast. We really missed you a lot in the forums and you definitely know that. And remember everyday is a new day........

Welcome back and see ya in the forums. take care.
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2006, 09:48
Welcome back!

Bad news, you have to retake the exam.
Good news, you didn't give up!

Once we have started with it, we cannot abandon until success. As for me, I'll give me another chance soon, didn't schedule it yet because I lack confidence. However, I don't know if I will have the courage to try a third time if I fail on the 2nd attempt.

so welcome on board again!
VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2006, 18:45
As Pelihu's saying goes "Some times when you lose you really win." Life is complex and we cannot comprehend its ways so easily. May be you can understand why this upset happened only after many years. Right night all that is left to us is "to step ahead and break that barrier"

The path is long, but self-surrender makes it short;
the way is difficult, but perfect trust makes it easy.

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2006, 20:25
Welcome back AMIGO..

Please show us how it's done. :2gunfire:

Cheers!!!

Who is John Galt?

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 25 Sep 2006, 07:27
Thank you for your honest post. I had the same problem with Verbal and I believe it is all about confidence. This time around I am trying to build up by confidence and focus more on my psychological anxieties around the test.

Best of luck with studying and getting back on the horse. God willing you will conquer the GMAT beast and have an awesome score.
VP
VP
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 43 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 25 Sep 2006, 08:52
Matt,

here are some suggestions:

1) Don`t overact:

A low GMAT score is not the end of the world and it doesn`t represent your abilities but only indicates your abilities. The GMAT score reflects only part of them ( i.e. problem solving under intense time pressure). I assume that you already exhibit all the skills to master the GMAT. So the "only", and most important, issue you need to master is time pressure. Mastering time pressure requires a good portion of stamina. In my case, my stamina was my stumbling block. How did I overcome it ?

2) Peace of mind:

GMAT is only ONE indicator. It indicates ! Another indicator may "measure" my abilities differently. Hence, I did not accept the GMAT as a "true" representation of my proficiencies. But, as it is an important tool for business schools, I must accept it as a very general tool, or indicator, for business schools to select their students. So the GMAT is a general tool. Nothing more, nothing less. It levels many valuable traits of test takers. These traits make you unique. So what`s the point ? The GMAT makes me flat because it does not consider my personality. The point ??? The GMAT will not undermine my abilitities and proficiencies. I am unique and a standardized test is not able to test this. And now ?

3) Be smart:

Preconditions for smartness during the GMAT: 1) and 2).

Anything else ?

In your case, NO !

Matt, you already exhibit the skills to master it. So its all about your PEACE OF MIND.

Good luck, my friend !!!

If your mind can conceive it and your heart can believe it, have faith that you can achieve it.

Last edited by christoph on 26 Sep 2006, 01:49, edited 1 time in total.
VP
VP
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 25 Sep 2006, 17:51
My friend welcome back.....

I truly wish you the very best
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 25 Sep 2006, 23:08
hey, look who's back...this time, you goin' in wid dem howidzers, an yeh gonne blow da frikken test outta da watah!!!

i'm ready for the war dance when you are :)
Director
Director
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 27 Sep 2006, 13:08
Futuristic wrote:
i'm ready for the war dance when you are :)

Count in one more :lol:

What more can I say?... KILL IT! MASH ITS BRAINS INTO THE DUST! :lol: I've seen people being consistently unlucky and then walking away with the jackpot.

Dug out one of the Calvin & Hobbes toons for ya, and hope that you are able to see the humor in the situation and get on with it.

Soldier on! There's an empty space on the wall of fame. Its for you. Go get it, tiger!
Attachments

ch950917.gif
ch950917.gif [ 17.57 KiB | Viewed 2019 times ]

VP
VP
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2006, 14:02
hey... MATT is back!!! Great news!!! I will join you in a couple of weeks :lol: !!! DON'T GIVE UP!!!
SVP
SVP
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 87 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2006, 03:12
Hard weeks of work u have ! :)...

It's nice that u are back and with a killer's spirit ! :D... If u feel on a down mood sometimes, turn on this one :
http://www.blogmusik.net/track,136610,rocky-soundtrack-eye-of-the-tiger.html

Never give up ! :D

Last edited by Fig on 08 Oct 2006, 08:44, edited 1 time in total.
SVP
SVP
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 67 [0], given: 39

[#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2006, 04:51
Hey Fig..i know this song ( survivors - eyes of the tiger)....i listent to it when i feel i wanna give up.......it really helps.

GMATT73 i believe now that you are originally japanese.

So you cant give up..........man u r the ansistor of the Samouray.

i was sure u ll be back .

wellcome back my mate........i am waiting for you and most propably will have my test during late Jan 2007.

Take care
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2006, 18:35
Srgh what a tough work week! Very admirable that you work so hard and study at the same time. How awful of you colleagues to post such demoralizing things. All I can say is try to ignore them and think of their comments and fuel o your fire to slaughter the g-monster.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2006, 21:10
Welcome back Matt! The key for you is to look back at your strenghts, build on them, and face your weaknesses and take them by their horns! good luck
SVP
SVP
Schools: Darden
Followers: 38

Kudos [?]: 421 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2006, 22:58
That's a tough work week. I used to work like that when I was with a law firm. I hated it.

You have no choice but to succeed so you can show those small-minded people that you work with what it means to dream big and make it.

It's definitely going to be challenging with the demands of your job, but you can do it.
  [#permalink] 08 Oct 2006, 22:58