Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 23:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling All MBA Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 06 Oct 2012
Posts: 44
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.3
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 4

Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2012, 10:17

Urbana-Champaign (University of Illinois): Full-time MBA Fall 2013



Image

Fall 2013 applicant details (Real Time)




GMATClub Vs Latest Intake




GMATClub real time applicant stats




Detailed Applicant List




GMATClub Real Time Applicant Tracker



_________________

Regards,
Ankit Singh

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 06 Jul 2011
Posts: 77
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 650 Q46 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 11

Re: Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2013, 01:12
1
This post received
KUDOS
Invited to interview.

International applicant, submitted application on Jan 15th.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 06 Oct 2012
Posts: 44
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.3
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 4

Re: Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2012, 05:27
Had my in-person interview today with associate dean Stig Lanesskog
It was a very systematic interview.
i was asked that what sets me apart from people with a similar profile
then a case study.
then my questions
_________________

Regards,
Ankit Singh

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 06 Oct 2012
Posts: 44
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.3
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 4

Re: Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2012, 05:12
How come no one's posting here.

Round 1 results on jan 4
_________________

Regards,
Ankit Singh

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 06 Oct 2012
Posts: 44
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.3
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 4

Re: Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2013, 05:12
Got in!!! .... who all will be matriculating?????
_________________

Regards,
Ankit Singh

VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Posts: 1092
Followers: 72

Kudos [?]: 443 [0], given: 452

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2013, 06:53
congratulations ankit on all the admits. Have you already decided from your list of acceptances?
_________________

My Debrief | MBA Timeline - New! Stay on top of deadlines, receive recommendations for each stage, get reminders.

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 06 Oct 2012
Posts: 44
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.3
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 4

Re: Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2013, 09:54
Thank you!! :-)

I haven't decided because i am still waiting one of my results and one application i submitted in round 2...i'll decide by Jan end. What about you?

jumsumtak wrote:
congratulations ankit on all the admits. Have you already decided from your list of acceptances?

_________________

Regards,
Ankit Singh

BSchool Thread Master
avatar
Status: At peace...
Joined: 27 Dec 2012
Posts: 243
Location: Comoros
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE: Operations (Consumer Products)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 100

Premium Member
Re: Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2013, 15:07
ankitsingh7 wrote:
Got in!!! .... who all will be matriculating?????

I haven't heard from the adcom. Did the tell you when your file was complete? My file has been complete for the whole of last week, but i haven't heard from them. I guess i will call them and check.
Congruts!
_________________

Like my posts? Please support me by awarding Kudos!

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 06 Oct 2012
Posts: 44
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.3
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 4

Re: Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2013, 23:40
they asked me for my degree certificate on around 17th of december. then i was informed that my file was complete.


MacVivo wrote:
ankitsingh7 wrote:
Got in!!! .... who all will be matriculating?????

I haven't heard from the adcom. Did the tell you when your file was complete? My file has been complete for the whole of last week, but i haven't heard from them. I guess i will call them and check.
Congruts!

_________________

Regards,
Ankit Singh

BSchool Thread Master
avatar
Status: At peace...
Joined: 27 Dec 2012
Posts: 243
Location: Comoros
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE: Operations (Consumer Products)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 100

Premium Member
Re: Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2013, 16:47
ankitsingh7 wrote:
they asked me for my degree certificate on around 17th of december. then i was informed that my file was complete.


MacVivo wrote:
ankitsingh7 wrote:
Got in!!! .... who all will be matriculating?????

I haven't heard from the adcom. Did the tell you when your file was complete? My file has been complete for the whole of last week, but i haven't heard from them. I guess i will call them and check.
Congruts!


I emailed and called them! Turns out that they are waiting for my official test scores...i thought i had read somewhere where they said they adcom will move forward with unofficial scores. ah, well.
_________________

Like my posts? Please support me by awarding Kudos!

BSchool Thread Master
avatar
Status: At peace...
Joined: 27 Dec 2012
Posts: 243
Location: Comoros
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE: Operations (Consumer Products)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 100

Premium Member
Re: Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2013, 16:53
They also sent me an email, saying they will be here in Chicago for get together of applicants, alumni, admission committee members etc. I don't think i will go. I can't go, though it would have been nice to go.

here is the email:

I’m not sure if we’ve had the chance to meet, but I see that you have submitted an application to the Illinois MBA.



I wanted to let you know that we have planned a dinner in Chicago next week so that our Chicago-area applicants can get together to meet each other as well as a few of our Chicago-based alumni. Assistant Dean Darcy Sementi and I will be in attendance also. We would definitely enjoy having you at this dinner event. Here are the details:



Date: Thursday, January 17

Time: 7:00 p.m.

Restaurant: Fogo de Chão

Location: 661 N. LaSalle Blvd, Chicago

Website: http://www.fogodechao.com/index.php?id=162



Feel free to e-mail me if you would be able to attend this dinner. I’ll be sure to follow up by phone to see if you have any questions about the event.



I hope to meet you soon!



Sincerely,

Ben Moreland

Associate Director of Admissions

Illinois MBA



bmorelan@illinois.edu | 217-244-4275 (office) | 217-333-1156 (fax)



Illinois MBA Website | Admissions blog | MBA Student Life blog
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 06 Oct 2012
Posts: 44
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.3
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 4

Re: Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2013, 03:04
i dont know unofficial scores but unofficial transcripts, yes. Official scores are a must for every college i guess. I reported my scores the moment i decided on the colleges i'll be applying in round 1. I reported in september.

MacVivo wrote:

I emailed and called them! Turns out that they are waiting for my official test scores...i thought i had read somewhere where they said they adcom will move forward with unofficial scores. ah, well.

_________________

Regards,
Ankit Singh

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 06 Oct 2012
Posts: 44
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.3
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 4

Re: Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2013, 03:08
This is just a formal invite to an event because they our coming near you. I got a similar one as well when Associate Dean Stig Lanesskog came to India. It turned out that he was also taking a few interviews so i gave my interview then itself. My application was also a part of the usual application process so i also got a skype interview invite. They mixed up somehow. But the interview opportunity was mentioned in the event invitation mail. It doesnt seem the same in your case in this email.

MacVivo wrote:
They also sent me an email, saying they will be here in Chicago for get together of applicants, alumni, admission committee members etc. I don't think i will go. I can't go, though it would have been nice to go.

here is the email:

I’m not sure if we’ve had the chance to meet, but I see that you have submitted an application to the Illinois MBA.



I wanted to let you know that we have planned a dinner in Chicago next week so that our Chicago-area applicants can get together to meet each other as well as a few of our Chicago-based alumni. Assistant Dean Darcy Sementi and I will be in attendance also. We would definitely enjoy having you at this dinner event. Here are the details:



Date: Thursday, January 17

Time: 7:00 p.m.

Restaurant: Fogo de Chão

Location: 661 N. LaSalle Blvd, Chicago

Website: http://www.fogodechao.com/index.php?id=162



Feel free to e-mail me if you would be able to attend this dinner. I’ll be sure to follow up by phone to see if you have any questions about the event.



I hope to meet you soon!



Sincerely,

Ben Moreland

Associate Director of Admissions

Illinois MBA



bmorelan@illinois.edu | 217-244-4275 (office) | 217-333-1156 (fax)



Illinois MBA Website | Admissions blog | MBA Student Life blog

_________________

Regards,
Ankit Singh

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 06 Oct 2012
Posts: 44
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.3
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 4

Re: Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2013, 20:53
Congratulations!!! :-D

peejay wrote:
Invited to interview.

International applicant, submitted application on Jan 15th.

_________________

Regards,
Ankit Singh

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 06 Oct 2012
Posts: 44
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.3
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 4

Re: Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2013, 00:31
Finalized UIUC :-D .....Who all will be matriculating this fall??
_________________

Regards,
Ankit Singh

BSchool Thread Master
avatar
Status: At peace...
Joined: 27 Dec 2012
Posts: 243
Location: Comoros
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE: Operations (Consumer Products)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 100

Premium Member
Re: Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2013, 20:35
a

Last edited by VoyagerII on 23 Jul 2013, 15:07, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 06 Jul 2011
Posts: 77
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 650 Q46 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 11

Re: Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2013, 01:05
ankitsingh7 wrote:
Finalized UIUC :-D .....Who all will be matriculating this fall??


Ankit, congratulations on your decision! :)

I have my interview coming up in two days. I saw that you mentioned a case study during your interview. Can you give me some insights?
BSchool Thread Master
avatar
Status: At peace...
Joined: 27 Dec 2012
Posts: 243
Location: Comoros
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE: Operations (Consumer Products)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 100

Premium Member
Re: Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2013, 13:35
Aha! I got my interview invite today!
_________________

Like my posts? Please support me by awarding Kudos!


Last edited by VoyagerII on 23 Jul 2013, 15:08, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 06 Oct 2012
Posts: 44
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.3
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 4

Re: Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2013, 20:34
Congratulations!!!! :-D
_________________

Regards,
Ankit Singh

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Nov 2011
Posts: 15
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2013, 05:10
Hi Ankit,


I have my interview with UIUC tomorrow. I am from bangalore , India with IT experience of 5 years.You mentioned that you were asked a case study . Can you please elaborate on it?

Mona
Re: Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling All MBA Applicants   [#permalink] 05 Feb 2013, 05:10
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Experts publish their posts in the topic Urbana-Champaign2016 Class:Calling all Waitlisted Applicants VoyagerII 8 01 Jan 2014, 10:11
43 Experts publish their posts in the topic Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling 2016 MBA Applicants VoyagerII 208 19 Aug 2013, 19:13
1 Experts publish their posts in the topic Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling All MBA Applicants ankitsingh7 28 25 Oct 2012, 10:17
Help! Msa at U of Illinois Urbana champaign newlast 0 08 Mar 2010, 06:50
Illinois Urbana Champaign (UIUC) Hjort 1 18 Mar 2006, 08:09
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling All MBA Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page    1   2    Next  [ 29 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.