Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 10 Jul 2014, 17:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

URGENT feedback reqd.

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 09 Jul 2009
Posts: 54
Location: Bangalore
Schools: ISB
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 27

URGENT feedback reqd. [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2010, 12:24
Hi Friends,

1st Oct. 2010 is my D-day for GMAT. Its only 1 day left and i am feeling very nervous.

THE SITUATION: I have taken many PrepTests and score around 49-50 in quant everytime, although after certain attempts few questions gets repeated.
I dont find the difficulty level of PrepTests to be too high and have found quite easy questions on Probability and Coordinate Geo.

MY QUERY: Please share your experience of Real GMAT and provide details whether the level of quant in real GMAT is much tougher than Preptests or not.

I have a feelin that real GMAT test will have very tough questions even if i am not hovering around 700 score.

Any immediate response from the GMAT veterans is highly appreciated.

Regards
Gaurav
_________________

The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Aug 2010
Posts: 23
Schools: SUNY at Stonyb Brook
WE 1: 4 yrs
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 37

Re: URGENT feedback reqd. [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2010, 12:43
gaurav2k101 wrote:
Hi Friends,

1st Oct. 2010 is my D-day for GMAT. Its only 1 day left and i am feeling very nervous.

THE SITUATION: I have taken many PrepTests and score around 49-50 in quant everytime, although after certain attempts few questions gets repeated.
I dont find the difficulty level of PrepTests to be too high and have found quite easy questions on Probability and Coordinate Geo.

MY QUERY: Please share your experience of Real GMAT and provide details whether the level of quant in real GMAT is much tougher than Preptests or not.

I have a feelin that real GMAT test will have very tough questions even if i am not hovering around 700 score.

Any immediate response from the GMAT veterans is highly appreciated.

Regards
Gaurav


I am not GMAT veteran but I would like to say just be prepared to see some tougher problems, it might or might not be that difficult. Now when you are just one day away from exam , do not kill your confidence with that worry !
During Exam stay focused and use your breaks wisely.
You might want to check this thread http://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-anxiety-99374.html to help you better before and during exam .
Good Luck for your exam and Keep us posted :)
_________________

Consider giving Kudos if my post helped you in some way :)

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 09 Jul 2009
Posts: 54
Location: Bangalore
Schools: ISB
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 27

Re: URGENT feedback reqd. [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2010, 13:04
Pinali wrote:
I am not GMAT veteran but I would like to say just be prepared to see some tougher problems, it might or might not be that difficult. Now when you are just one day away from exam , do not kill your confidence with that worry !
During Exam stay focused and use your breaks wisely.
You might want to check this thread http://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-anxiety-99374.html to help you better before and during exam .
Good Luck for your exam and Keep us posted :)


Very well said Pinali ,

Now its only 1 day left and i cannot do much about anything.
Just to boost my confidence i want some information that whether the GMATPrep test does resemble to real GMAT or not.

I guess i cannot do much about RC and CR on last day but for SC i can still get some new funda. Also fo quant i can review few tough questions on Prob. and coordinate if the level is very high on these topics.

I am reading few posts and everywhere its mentioned that the GMATPrep test are very easy as compared to real test.
_________________

The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 09 Sep 2010
Posts: 76
Schools: Haas-Columbia, Wharton, UCLA, Kellog, Booth
WE 1: 10 yrs in Healthcare IT
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 20

Re: URGENT feedback reqd. [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2010, 13:10
hi gaurav,
I took GMAT this Monday. GMAT prep quant questions are definitely inline with GMAT. If you are good with number properties and inequalities, then you should do well.

Do not worry too much now, just relax and get good sleep for today.

Good luck!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 09 Jul 2009
Posts: 54
Location: Bangalore
Schools: ISB
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 27

Re: URGENT feedback reqd. [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2010, 13:27
willneverquit wrote:
hi gaurav,
I took GMAT this Monday. GMAT prep quant questions are definitely inline with GMAT. If you are good with number properties and inequalities, then you should do well.

Do not worry too much now, just relax and get good sleep for today.

Good luck!


Thats great: many congratulations to u for a good score.

BTW how was the Verbal part , were the CR questions very tough as compared to OG and GMATPrep?
_________________

The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 07 May 2010
Posts: 731
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 84 [0], given: 66

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: URGENT feedback reqd. [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2010, 13:57
If you're taking about GMATPREP testsnot kaplan or any other mock test i would say they are very accurate. I took my test 2 months ago and most questions compared to the last 100 OG 12 questions IMO
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Director
Director
User avatar
Affiliations: Consortium (CGSM.org), NSHMBA
Joined: 25 Aug 2009
Posts: 937
Location: New Haven
Schools: Yale SOM Class of 2012
WE 1: Investment Banking Summer Associate (Boutique tech M&A)
Followers: 35

Kudos [?]: 213 [0], given: 111

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: URGENT feedback reqd. [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2010, 16:17
the overall difficulty of the actual test is about the same as the practice gmat preptests. at this point there's not much else you can do to prepare other than relax. try to take your mind off the test, and maybe do some light reviewing today. try to just focus on the day of the test instead of trying to cram any new material. dont worry about it and you should do fine. good luck
_________________

GMAT Debrief

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 23 Apr 2009
Posts: 70
Location: Texas
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: URGENT feedback reqd. [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2010, 17:00
Since you have been doing well on CATs I wouldn't worry about the difficulty of the actual test at this point. The worst thing you could do now is to cram at the last minute and go into the test not confident.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 15 Apr 2010
Posts: 196
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: URGENT feedback reqd. [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2010, 17:50
best of luck.. and have a good rest. even CR fundaes will not be easy -- since u will have to remember them and use them when needed.... so take your level of prep and you will be fine!
Retired Moderator
User avatar
Status: I wish!
Joined: 21 May 2010
Posts: 788
Followers: 102

Kudos [?]: 199 [0], given: 33

GMAT Tests User
Re: URGENT feedback reqd. [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2010, 20:01
Good luck mate, don't worry and chill you'll do good on exam!

Posted from my mobile device Image
_________________

RC videos rc-through-videos-99566.html
CR videos cr-through-videos-99033.html
SC videos sc-through-videos-98340.html
Quant videos quant-through-videos-102525.html

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Sep 2010
Posts: 16
Location: Singapore
Schools: Insead,NTU,NUS
WE 1: 6.5 years in Decision Sciences
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: URGENT feedback reqd. [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2010, 03:55
All the best! Do let us know how did it go.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 16 Aug 2009
Posts: 222
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 18

GMAT Tests User
Re: URGENT feedback reqd. [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2010, 04:17
Although i havent yet taken the GMAT yet, I still get pre exam jitters.
You should just sit back and relax today !
All the best and do tell us how it was.
CEO
CEO
User avatar
Status: Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.
Joined: 12 Oct 2009
Posts: 2793
Location: Malaysia
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 173

Kudos [?]: 879 [0], given: 235

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: URGENT feedback reqd. [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2010, 04:31
Be calm. Be confident. Good luck. Share your experience with us. :-D Have a great day.
_________________

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Posts: 509
Location: Kolkata
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 66

GMAT Tests User
Re: URGENT feedback reqd. [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2010, 04:44
yep be cool.Best wishes.Crack it.Share your exp.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Nov 2009
Posts: 177
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 3

Re: URGENT feedback reqd. [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2010, 10:03
Hey, real gmat math questions are very similar to gmatprep math questions, but probably a bit more difficult. But the style is similar. Actually its funny, every prep company has its own style.
Tip: Try to solve every problem in different ways
Wish you all the best!!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 09 Jul 2009
Posts: 54
Location: Bangalore
Schools: ISB
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 27

Re: URGENT feedback reqd. [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2010, 20:50
Thanks a lot guys for all your encouraging words. Your comments did helped in keeping myself calm.

So my penultimate day summary:
Woke up at 9 oclock and revised Math formulae and Manhattan SC notes till lunch. After lunch i thought to give one last shot at a full length test. Though i was afraid that if i score less then i would loose my confidence but then realised that i have to anyway give a test on 1st oct , so taking a last test on 30th should not do any harm.

Took MGMAT : 660 (M 47; V 33)

Analysed that test and found that i did many silly mistakes, which i could have avoided. That analysis really helped me in boosting the confidence and i realised the importance of critically solving the questions. I was sure that i can definately improve the score if i control my nerves.

I was happy that most of my mistakes were due to last of concentration and not due to any unkown funda. So guess its more of a concentration or controlling the silly mistake in that nick of time rather than knowing the in-depth funda of the toughest topics.

I wrote 2 essays and call it a day.

Woke up early in the morning due to exam day anxiety. But to my dismay i came to know that today my appointment for test stands cancelled due to Ayodhya Verdict, which happened on 30-09-2010. I called Pearson office and confirmed that my test is not happening on 1-10-2010. Oh my god i cannot believe this, i was on vacation for past 2 weeks and not have to continue office. I new proposed dates for test are 5th, 6th or 8th Oct 2010. The dates will be confirmed on next 3-4 days so i am hanging in the middle of no where. This is the worst thing, which could happen to me.

Now i have around 3-4 more days. Any suggestion that what should i do in these days.

I'll try to maintain my composure and lets see when is my date final D-day.

Hoping to take the test as soon as possible.

Will update once i get my score.
_________________

The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 28 Apr 2010
Posts: 66
Schools: CBS
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: URGENT feedback reqd. [#permalink] New post 01 Oct 2010, 12:25
gaurav2k101 wrote:
Thanks a lot guys for all your encouraging words. Your comments did helped in keeping myself calm.

So my penultimate day summary:
Woke up at 9 oclock and revised Math formulae and Manhattan SC notes till lunch. After lunch i thought to give one last shot at a full length test. Though i was afraid that if i score less then i would loose my confidence but then realised that i have to anyway give a test on 1st oct , so taking a last test on 30th should not do any harm.

Took MGMAT : 660 (M 47; V 33)

Analysed that test and found that i did many silly mistakes, which i could have avoided. That analysis really helped me in boosting the confidence and i realised the importance of critically solving the questions. I was sure that i can definately improve the score if i control my nerves.

I was happy that most of my mistakes were due to last of concentration and not due to any unkown funda. So guess its more of a concentration or controlling the silly mistake in that nick of time rather than knowing the in-depth funda of the toughest topics.

I wrote 2 essays and call it a day.

Woke up early in the morning due to exam day anxiety. But to my dismay i came to know that today my appointment for test stands cancelled due to Ayodhya Verdict, which happened on 30-09-2010. I called Pearson office and confirmed that my test is not happening on 1-10-2010. Oh my god i cannot believe this, i was on vacation for past 2 weeks and not have to continue office. I new proposed dates for test are 5th, 6th or 8th Oct 2010. The dates will be confirmed on next 3-4 days so i am hanging in the middle of no where. This is the worst thing, which could happen to me.

Now i have around 3-4 more days. Any suggestion that what should i do in these days.

I'll try to maintain my composure and lets see when is my date final D-day.

Hoping to take the test as soon as possible.

Will update once i get my score.


Gaurav,

Just take it easy man! It's just an exam. I have my exam in 10 days and I get really anxious sometimes. But at the end of the day, I tell myself that it's just an exam and I won't die if I don't get the score I want. So you gave your 100% effort and you did everything you could, now you just need to relax. Everything else will fall in place. This is my suggestion: Don't take any practice tests in next 3-4 days. Just concentrate on your weak areas. Note down your mistakes, just work through the solutions and try not to commit those mistakes. Just revise your weak areas, eat well and sleep well. Good luck on your exam.
Re: URGENT feedback reqd.   [#permalink] 01 Oct 2010, 12:25
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Profile Evaluation & Required GMAT score. Urgent help reqd. sahilpuri 1 26 May 2014, 08:03
Experts publish their posts in the topic Cold feet b4 MBA-URGENT advise reqd-class starts this Friday scoremore 2 17 Jul 2013, 05:08
Urgent HELP req'd: Error log failed - tmr is test day!! ivn 3 19 Apr 2011, 09:31
Help Reqd altruistanand 2 01 Jun 2010, 00:50
urgent !!! help reqd simply_anurag 0 25 Feb 2005, 21:28
Display posts from previous: Sort by

URGENT feedback reqd.

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: TGC



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.