Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 13:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Urgent help needed regarding UC Davis full time MBA

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Urgent help needed regarding UC Davis full time MBA [#permalink] New post 10 Jun 2007, 14:40
Hello All,

I applied to UC Davis MBA and Santa Clara University(SCU).My score is 580 with 3 years of experience. I got admission in SCU and was on the waiting list at Davis.So when i attended the interview at Davis recently they said that everything else seems fine but we would appreciate if you can take GMAT again.They didnot guarantee that if i score well i would get admitted.So i would like to know would it make sense to write the gmat in two months or join SCU? If anyone had a same experience could please share it with me?

Appreciate your valuable insights.

Thanks,
Swetha.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
SVP
SVP
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Urgent help needed regarding UC Davis full time MBA [#permalink] New post 12 Jun 2007, 15:16
Swetha.S wrote:
Hello All,

I applied to UC Davis MBA and Santa Clara University(SCU).My score is 580 with 3 years of experience. I got admission in SCU and was on the waiting list at Davis.So when i attended the interview at Davis recently they said that everything else seems fine but we would appreciate if you can take GMAT again.They didnot guarantee that if i score well i would get admitted.So i would like to know would it make sense to write the gmat in two months or join SCU? If anyone had a same experience could please share it with me?

Thanks,
Swetha.

Swetha,

Tough situation. I assume you are saying that SCU needs your answer now, and that if you stay on UCD's W-L you will have to blow SCU off? If so, then if you need to be in an MBA program this fall then go for SCU. If you can afford to wait a year then you could roll the dice on the following events occurring: (1) you will raise your GMAT score the 80 points or more you need to to be competitive at UCD, (2) UCD will have a place for you if you do. Those are probably long odds, but they could happen. But if UCD does ding you, then you could just use the extra year to improve your profile and try again next year.

Good luck,

Paul Bodine /
Author, Great Applications for Business School and Perfect Phrases for Business School Acceptance

Follow Paul Bodine on Twitter

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Urgent help needed regarding UC Davis full time MBA [#permalink] New post 12 Jun 2011, 13:56
Swetha,

I'm sailing in the same boat as you.
currently wait listed at Davis.

How did it go with Davis ?
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Urgent help needed regarding UC Davis full time MBA [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2011, 03:46
Expert's post
Swetha.S wrote:
Hello All,

Thanks,
Swetha.

Hi, Swetha. You didn't mention your career goals but they may influence your decision in two ways: 1) if you are targeting an industry in which GMAT scores are used in the recruiting/hiring process, then you will want to boost your GMAT score anyway, and 2) if Davis has stronger recruiting in your target industry, then it would make sense to hold out for that "better" offer. If SCU is going to open the doors you need, then there doesn't seem a reason to throw that bird in hand away. Good luck making your decision - let us know what you decided!

Regards,
Jennifer Bloom, CPRW
jbloom@accepted.com
310-815-9553

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CFA Society of San Francisco (Affiliate Member), American Society for Quality (Enterprise Member)
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 630 Q39 V38
GMAT 2: 650 Q39 V40
WE: Supply Chain Management (Aerospace and Defense)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Urgent help needed regarding UC Davis full time MBA [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2012, 22:55
btw, was this for the part-time UC Davis program?