I applied to UC Davis MBA and Santa Clara University(SCU).My score is 580 with 3 years of experience. I got admission in SCU and was on the waiting list at Davis.So when i attended the interview at Davis recently they said that everything else seems fine but we would appreciate if you can take GMAT again.They didnot guarantee that if i score well i would get admitted.So i would like to know would it make sense to write the gmat in two months or join SCU? If anyone had a same experience could please share it with me?
Appreciate your valuable insights.
Hi, Swetha. You didn't mention your career goals but they may influence your decision in two ways: 1) if you are targeting an industry in which GMAT scores are used in the recruiting/hiring process, then you will want to boost your GMAT score anyway, and 2) if Davis has stronger recruiting in your target industry, then it would make sense to hold out for that "better" offer. If SCU is going to open the doors you need, then there doesn't seem a reason to throw that bird in hand away. Good luck making your decision - let us know what you decided!
Jennifer Bloom, CPRW
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog